Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite Gay Bar Anywhere?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2006, 11:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I would imagine there are hundreds of people in Chicago, who yesterday would have answered, without a moment's hesitation, Sidetrack! The Gay Games are in town and the place was packed with people from all over the world for five hours of Showtunes Sunday. If you've never experienced Madonna and Don't Cry for Me, Argentina at Sidetrack, you've missed a lot!
Old Jul 18, 2006, 10:06 pm

Programs: CO silver
The George in Dublin

It has an exciting club atmosphere as well as a seperate pub known by the locals as Jurasic Park...
Old Aug 6, 2006, 9:24 am

Queen, in Seoul, is a great bar. Its located just off the main Itaewon strip, on Homo Hill (previously known as Hooker's Hill, until the city kicked the ladies out and the boys glammed it up). There are probably six-seven bars as you head up the hill, and the summer's a lot of fun, as the party spreads out onto the street...

Great music (not too too loud) and a fun, international crowd (teachers, soldiers, other expats, and Koreans) make it worthwhile. The party gets started a little later, and Saturdays is definitely the time to go.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 8:42 pm

Nashville - The Connection

Originally Posted by makin'miles
Queen, in Seoul, is a great bar. Its located just off the main Itaewon strip, on Homo Hill (previously known as Hooker's Hill, until the city kicked the ladies out and the boys glammed it up). There are probably six-seven bars as you head up the hill, and the summer's a lot of fun, as the party spreads out onto the street...

Great music (not too too loud) and a fun, international crowd (teachers, soldiers, other expats, and Koreans) make it worthwhile. The party gets started a little later, and Saturdays is definitely the time to go.
Still a great place to go to meet all types of GLBT friends.

Ever been?
Old Aug 23, 2006, 8:43 pm

Kit Kat Chicago Style!

Originally Posted by htstrvl88
My favorite gay bar…

Kit Kat Lounge! It is an all white bar in a cute all white room. The lighting is what gives the bar a cool feel. They have awesome drag performers. The even do a Sunday cocktail hour in the afternoon.I found it on a gay chicago site called chicagopride.com.
:-: :-: :-: :-:

I agree!!! Great place and AWESOME MARTINIS!!!!!!
Old Aug 23, 2006, 8:44 pm

Hula's

Originally Posted by wxguy
The old Hula's in HNL. I saw a very closeted celebrity there.

I saw a guy with a Hula's t-shirt on at Market Days a few weeks ago!
Old Aug 23, 2006, 8:46 pm

I had been there before now I dont have a favorite NYC bar.....
Old Aug 24, 2006, 1:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Oh, um, in Provincetown, don't miss the pool at the Boatslip. They host a hot tea dance. (Ask a clerk about the "local nightlife". )

More seriously, there's the Zebra Lounge, which is good - kind of New Wave-y, black light, high contrast ("zebra-like"?) patterns, friendly bartenders, good view of Provincetown's Castro Street, known as Commercial Street.

Purgatory, which is a nice big space but empty when I went. (Maybe they all knew I was coming.)

There is the Paramount for dancing, and a pool out back which they share with a music video bar next door.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 4:41 pm

I have been to the Boatslip. Cool place.

I was there during the Film Festival and saw John Waters.

There is a really funny drag queen in PTown...I forget her name.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Recovering AA Exec Plat
Let's not forget...

Anyone ever been to the New York, New York in Pittsburgh? An institution and an experience all wrapped in one neat package.
Old Sep 4, 2006, 1:05 pm

Is the gay strip on QUEER AS FOLK the actual gay strip in Toronto?
Does anyone know?
Old Sep 4, 2006, 1:07 pm

In Provincetown there is a great show by Miss Richfield.....anyone seen her?

Last edited by Gay_Traveler; Sep 4, 2006 at 1:08 pm Reason: Forgot to add the quote.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 4:00 pm

Programs: None
Ft. Lauderdale

STUDS.... Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 8:10 am

Programs: DL PLT, AA Gold, Marriott Silver, Hilton DIA, Avis First
She does a great show. ^ She is from Richfield, MN (hence the name), and does a lot of charity work here in the Minneapolis Area.

Originally Posted by Gay_Traveler
In Provincetown there is a great show by Miss Richfield.....anyone seen her?
Old Sep 18, 2006, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by mnoutdoors
She does a great show. ^ She is from Richfield, MN (hence the name), and does a lot of charity work here in the Minneapolis Area.
She is awesome, I would love to see her if she came to Minn anytime.

Hey is there still a barber shop/man's spa named Smiddy's there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.