Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite Gay Bar Anywhere?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2005, 3:07 pm

Chicago - Sidetrack
Dublin - The George! Anywhere that does a tribute to the dead cloned Sheep "Dolly" with a Dolly Parton review... HAS to be good!
Old Nov 11, 2005, 3:09 pm

So true. When I was in Chicago for July 4th two years ago it had been totally redone and was called "Hydrate", with a VERY different clientele.[/QUOTE]

Yep, It's Called HYDRATE now. It is a different feel and I miss the sign out front that would say something crass this time of year like "Check Out the Turkey Leg in my Manhole!"
Old Nov 12, 2005, 7:43 am

Programs: LH SEN, BAEC, HH
Amsterdam

Hi,
Will be in A'dam the weekend of 18-20 Nov and was wondering if anybody could give me the names of a few "normal" gay bars. Thanks in advance for any help...

Last edited by trier48; Nov 12, 2005 at 11:25 am
Old Nov 17, 2005, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by trier48
Hi,
Will be in A'dam the weekend of 18-20 Nov and was wondering if anybody could give me the names of a few "normal" gay bars. Thanks in advance for any help...
Pretty much all of the thousands of bars in Amsterdam are "normal" gay bars. Just walk in anywhere and order a drink and be normally gay or gaily normal yourself.

Not sure from your profile what you find to be "normal", but if you are looking for schlagerfestivalmuzik then you will feel comfortable at Montmartre on the Halvemaansteeg. If you want more of a "Gee, this is nice but I could just about be in any city in the world right now" feeling, try the ARC on the Reguliersdwaarsstraat.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 7:29 pm

Programs: FB-Gold, SPG-Plat, Priority Club-Plat
Originally Posted by trier48
Hi,
What is a "not normal" gay bar? I've only been in 2 bars where I was feeling kind of uncomfortable so I left, but all the other bars were ok, and I ended up having a nice time. I guess it depends on the people in the bar, but the 2 where I left was because most of the guys were like older, and it wasn't my kind of place.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 2:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by Caloy
What is a "not normal" gay bar? I've only been in 2 bars where I was feeling kind of uncomfortable so I left, but all the other bars were ok, and I ended up having a nice time. I guess it depends on the people in the bar, but the 2 where I left was because most of the guys were like older, and it wasn't my kind of place.
I think "not normal" is very similar to "like older."
Old Nov 21, 2005, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP;*Wood PLT; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mach92
Oh C street.........geezzz what good times I had there. Remember you had to have your shirt off to get into the back room? Then seems like everything else came off. (

I thought that was the policy at the Mineshaft? I do miss Crisco Disco! Wonder what happened to the Huge (like two story) Crisco can that the DJ was ontop of?

T
Old Nov 22, 2005, 3:22 pm

Let's make a list!!!

Do tell. (and you can feel free to omit the "health club" -types)

Originally Posted by izzik
there's plenty of places for naughtiness in NYC.. just depends on what you're looking for.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by dg4255
my favourite gay bar ever is "Village Station" in Dallas.. I went to college in Big D and spent many a nite inebriated, dancing my ... off, all the while cruising for a hottie.. only back then we didn't call them that.. er, uh, um, damn, i'm getting old.. i forget what we called them.. anyways, lots of great memories from that place.. a giant gay emporium of entertainment and fun..
This is an awesome club! I am straight and have a blast here. Yes I know it is a gay bar, but is is just a great place. The remodel made the club .. well .. all I can say is WOW. The Rose Room was majorly expanded.

My husband and I go there just about every weekend to dance, see a show or meet new people.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 2:55 am

Programs: LH SEN, BAEC, HH
Originally Posted by Klm is Dead - Long Live KLM
Pretty much all of the thousands of bars in Amsterdam are "normal" gay bars. Just walk in anywhere and order a drink and be normally gay or gaily normal yourself.

Not sure from your profile what you find to be "normal", but if you are looking for schlagerfestivalmuzik then you will feel comfortable at Montmartre on the Halvemaansteeg. If you want more of a "Gee, this is nice but I could just about be in any city in the world right now" feeling, try the ARC on the Reguliersdwaarsstraat.
Sorry for the confusion with the word "normal". Have never been in a gay establishment and seeing that my son recently told me he was gay, wanted to have a few places in mind to go and have a few beers with him and his companion. Little did I realize that the two of them already knew where to take 'dad' for a few beers and a good cognac. Having never been in a openly gay establishment, really enjoyed the atmosphere and environment, having no idea what to expect. In the process met some very interesting people of all walks of life. Some made the comment that they wish their own parents would be as understanding as I am. Found this hard to understand seeing that if a parent loves his child, there is an issue called, unconditional love.
thanks for responding... ^
Old Jan 5, 2006, 5:55 am

Programs: UA-1K, MR-PP, *wood Gold, Hertz Gold
Really Hula's in Hawaii--great view of Diamond Head. Had the most fun dancing at the Bear's Den in Paris.

Locally, I would say Halo (DC).
Old Jan 5, 2006, 6:03 am

Candy Bar in Melbourne, AU
Old Jan 5, 2006, 1:43 pm

Programs: Gold HP FF, WN RR, Starwood
Chicago-sidetracks, Spin (friendly)
Phoenix-amsterdam (cute Boys), Charlie's (cruisy)
Scottsdale- Bs West (nice, Hot Boys)
La- The Abbey (pose, Drink)
Studio City- Oil Can Harry's (friendly, Cute Guys)
Dallas- Jr's, Round-up (damn Cute Cowboys Here)
Philly- Woody's (friendly, Good Crowd)
Old Jan 25, 2006, 11:22 am

Townhouse Restaurant Closed but Bar Open

Just thought I'd throw this info out there:

The Townhouse Restaurant, which had a bar in the front, has closed. It has been quite a fixture in New York on East 58th Street of Third Avenue.

The Townhouse Bar is very much open and stronger than ever (a little farther east on 58th Street than the Restaurant). Its ownership is presently overhauling its web site: townhouseny.com. The web site should give you a pretty good idea of what the bar is about.

The Townhouse Bar is one of the best gay bars in New York and perhaps in the country. Early in the evening the front room is only open but later on the backroom piano opens, in addition to the lower level, which has a more intimate setting than the other two rooms.

The Townhouse Bar is really for gentlemen who are middle aged and older but it is certainly welcome to all, including women, who invariably live out their Will & Grace fantasies after a few strong cocktails!
Old Jan 25, 2006, 7:26 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Marie's Crisis in NYC...great bar, great fun, great entertainment! Best value in Manhattan if you like showtunes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.