Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite Gay Bar Anywhere?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2006, 6:33 am

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite, Avis First, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
My favorites are Sidetrack in Chicago (love the non smoking area) and Vlada in NYC (Love the infussed vodka)
Monday night at Sidetrack
Old Dec 30, 2006, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum
Exclamation Copenhagen

I have been to all gay bars in Copenhagen and cannot really say that any of them is my favorite.

I never go to Cosy since it is essentially a lot of old men drooling at young boys (16 and older) and maybe once in a while taking them home for a fee.

I do like Bar Rouge at the Sct. Petri hotel as well as Library Bar at the Copenhagen Plaza. None of those are gay places though.

If I had to pick then I would say probably BOIZ or Masken in lack of better. Pan if you want to dance. They require membership now to keep the straight men out. Quite a relief since I was at one occasion harassed by an 18-year-old. Apparently, he wanted to go the only gay disco in the city and still feel outraged if somebody looked at his .... Go figure.

Last edited by Goldlust; Dec 30, 2006 at 4:31 pm Reason: Replaced "are" with "is"
Old Jan 3, 2007, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldlust
Quite a relief since I was at one occasion harassed by an 18-year-old. Apparently, he wanted to go the only gay disco in the city and still feel outraged if somebody looked at his .... Go figure.
That's like these fundie hetero couples that go to gay bars and make out - is this like trying to convert people, or an attempt to find a third party, or what?
Old Jan 3, 2007, 9:37 am

Programs: LX/M&M, UA, AA, AF/KL, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by anonplz
That's like these fundie hetero couples that go to gay bars and make out
Or the girl we once hung out with at a gay bar in Hamburg; after a while she started complaining that all the guys in that place ignored her.

(Yes, she was fully aware that it was a gay bar and we had asked her about three times if it was ok with her if we went to that place.)
Old Jan 3, 2007, 10:44 am

Programs: AF&KL FB(P), LX M&M, IB+
mine is le phare in genf and then on to that old building next to it with the strange flats filled with people not having a clue on whose flat that is and who are the others and what on earth is that music
Old Jan 3, 2007, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andyZRH
Or the girl we once hung out with at a gay bar in Hamburg; after a while she started complaining that all the guys in that place ignored her.

(Yes, she was fully aware that it was a gay bar and we had asked her about three times if it was ok with her if we went to that place.)
Maybe she didn't know what "gay" means?
Old Jan 4, 2007, 10:59 am
Suspended

Programs: TG -*Gold, AF-Silver, Asia Miles, BA-Silver, AMEX Green-MR
somebody take me to a gay bar, ive never been to one
Old Jan 4, 2007, 4:49 pm

@Richard's
60/17 Silom Rd
Phone: (0) 81907-5560
Email: [email protected]
Old Jan 17, 2007, 5:31 pm

Programs: ADL, ACLU, NRA, HRC, NCLR, WBCA
Assuming lesbian bars are allowed on the list... Novak's, in St. Louis. http://www.novaksbar.com/default.html
Old Jan 17, 2007, 7:38 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by swei0009
Assuming lesbian bars are allowed on the list... Novak's, in St. Louis. http://www.novaksbar.com/default.html
Of course - it may be buried but - welcome to our Forum
Old Feb 17, 2007, 5:51 pm

Programs: BA silver, AC *s p, A3, EI, KL, & UA nobody!
-The Block, Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria, Spain gets my vote! - Fly to LPA.:-:
Old Mar 6, 2007, 3:23 pm

GLam or Palacio both in Buenos Aires...

that is one of the hippest and hottest gay destinations in the world

Ive been twice and love it!

-
Old Mar 14, 2007, 5:22 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I'm biased because I live in MSY, but I'd have to say the Bourbon Pub or Rawhide. Can we pick one bar from each sub-category?
Old Mar 14, 2007, 5:23 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by anonplz
That's like these fundie hetero couples that go to gay bars and make out - is this like trying to convert people, or an attempt to find a third party, or what?
The straight raver types bore me to no end. They dance in the gay bar all night and never seem to notice where they are. Oz in New Orleans is a good example of this.
Old May 7, 2007, 2:15 pm

Programs: BMI Blue +, Hilton Gold, SOFITEL PRIV
The Boat Bar in Paradise area of Patong in Phuket Thailand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.