Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite Gay Bar Anywhere?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by sobe_dude
Others I like:
YUL - Le Stud
Le Stud and Sky are my favorite bar in Montreal but haven't been there in over five years.

Is Le Stud still all male? I heard a woman sued them for discrimination for being an all male bar a few years ago but didn't hear the outcome of it
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT, United, IHG PLT, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Le Stud and Sky are my favorite bar in Montreal but haven't been there in over five years.

Is Le Stud still all male? I heard a woman sued them for discrimination for being an all male bar a few years ago but didn't hear the outcome of it
Last time I was there (2 years ago), Le Stud was still all male, or at least I think it was since I did not see any women over there. Not sure now, but going back next month, so I will find out.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:43 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Not quite a bar, but Theatron in Bogotá, Colombia. You'll find many bars and much more inside.
Old May 9, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: AA PLT, United, IHG PLT, SPG, HHonors

Just got back from Montreal. Le Stud is no longer all male, but it is still a lot of fun. I've only seen a couple of women, as most women prefer other gay bars like Sky or Unity.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:07 pm

looks interesting
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:36 am

Broadway limited

Broadway Limited was a mix of all things, I was a batender and intertainer there (Amanda Lustrelle) it had a western bar downstairs when you first came in and then when you went upstairs there was a video bar to your right and to your left was the big room with 3 bars where disco and shows were performed, also at one point we had done sunday brunch too. Man those were the days we partied like I have never seen anywhere since, ecept Carols Speakeasy....
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by Tony Witt
Broadway Limited was a mix of all things, I was a batender and intertainer there (Amanda Lustrelle) it had a western bar downstairs when you first came in and then when you went upstairs there was a video bar to your right and to your left was the big room with 3 bars where disco and shows were performed, also at one point we had done sunday brunch too. Man those were the days we partied like I have never seen anywhere since, ecept Carols Speakeasy....
Those are some memories! And Dugan's Bistro on Thursday (IIRC) nights.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Where were/are Bway Limited and Duggan’s?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Where were/are Bway Limited and Duggan’s?
Chicago. (And it's definitely were.)
Old Jun 25, 2018, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Chicago. (And it's definitely were.)
How long ago was that? I've been going to Chicago regularly since 1990 and don't remember either of those bars (I remember Carol's)
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:36 pm

How long ago was that? I've been going to Chicago regularly since 1990 and don't remember either of those bars (I remember Carol's)
I tried to find when Broadway Limited closed. The linked story mentions that the Bistro closed in 1982. I couldn't find a date for the former. I presume it was also in the early '80s. Anyway, an interesting bit of history.

Red Bull Music Academy Daily
Old Sep 1, 2021, 5:44 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Super surprised no one has mentioned Wang Chungs. It is a delightful karaoke bar in Waikiki that resonates with rainbow. Also very popular with flight crew.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 9:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Chill Bar in Louisville. Helps that I know the owners
Old Sep 2, 2021, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Surprised no one has mentioned Marie's Crisis. Small but fun piano bar I love in the village in NYC that's worth going to if you like Broadway. Piano player takes requests and knows all the broadway shows. Fun bar to go to for a couple drinks and the drinks pretty strong. I like going there for a couple cocktails when I'm in NYC either before or right after dinner because it fills up fast after 8 p.m.

Another small bar I love in Chicago is Marty's Martini bar in Andersonville.. Will the bar tender is great and always remembers my friend and I when we go there. Drinks are really strong but good. Very small bar inside but friendly crowd and nice patio in warm weather. We like going there for a martini or two after having dinner next door at Replay. Elixor next door is a nice bar also with some fun cocktails.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.