Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite Gay Bar Anywhere?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2006, 8:45 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, AA*G, HH*S
Agree The Abbey in LA is cool. No one mentioned Bronx in Cape Town? Super cheesy, but totally unique energy there!
Old Jan 29, 2006, 11:47 pm

I would go with Liquid in Madrid...

My "old" favortie was Ultralounge in São Paulo but it closed and the reopened version is simply not as good.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 11:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

PHX- Padlock is fun, Amsterdam is sort of "sidetracks" west, with a little Hollywood flavor.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 8:36 pm
Used to be "PortalGuy"

Programs: BEA, Piedmont, ValuJet, Braniff, People Express, JetsGo, Capitol, TWA, Eastern, Allegheny, Ozark
Lone Star, SFO
Zelda's, YYZ

Anybody been to these?
Old Feb 7, 2006, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by PortalGuy
Lone Star, SFO
Zelda's, YYZ

Anybody been to these?
Can't get much more fun than Sunday beer bust at the Lone Star, unless it's the beer bust at the Barrack's in Palm Springs to cap off the annual PSP Gayla!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=515017
Old Feb 9, 2006, 7:56 am

Programs: BA OW Silver, Aegean *A Gold, Intercon Ambassador Gold, EY Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by anonplz
I swear, you and I probably have crossed paths before - the two of us are seemingly the only ones who remember that place as Christopher Street (or "C-Street"). By the way, I don't think it's "Manhole" anymore.

Agreed. I also like 12th Street Air Command for a relatively quiet beer.

Yes, a lot of fun.

Side question for our London GLBT members: which gay spot do you think features the most diverse, multi-ethnic crowd?
Kudos - near Trafalgar Square has a diverse crowd - especially oriental / asians boys. Quite a nice small bar that becomes crowded.
Old Feb 12, 2006, 3:50 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT,Skymiles,NWA,Aeroplan
Favorite Gay Bar

Lone Star- San Francisco- hands down!
Old Feb 12, 2006, 4:41 pm

Been hanging out / living in West Hollywood for years... The Abbey has put all the old places hanging on a thread. The bars are dead these half the time and the Abbey is always packed. (Even when it rains oddly enough).

Great place to be both mellow and bar-ish at the same time. Dave (the owner) has got a license to print money. ;-)
Old Feb 14, 2006, 11:21 am

Programs: UA1K - SPG Plat
just got back from AMS this past weekend -- and Cockring is still right up there as one of my favorites. wall to wall gorgeous dutch men, very friendly men, dancing, drinking, and for the adventurous you can go upstairs....
Old Feb 14, 2006, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Aww come on guys, Le Boy in Rio is fab. I guess when you are in Rio, you really don't go to a "bar", there are hotter places to be..lol
Just to throw out a local...Scandals in Asheville, NC is an Ok place to check out.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by OMAguy
and for the adventurous you can go upstairs....
Does this mean what I think it means? Sheltered me... I thought that kind of thing was either from the past or only existed in QAF. Might have to check it out when I go to AMS in May. You know, just for the research...
Old Feb 14, 2006, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA1K - SPG Plat
Originally Posted by jgoodm
Does this mean what I think it means? Sheltered me... I thought that kind of thing was either from the past or only existed in QAF. Might have to check it out when I go to AMS in May. You know, just for the research...

oh no, those things still exist in AMS amongst other places -- research -- that is the ticket...
Old Feb 14, 2006, 8:25 pm

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by jgoodm
In AMS, you'll be able to do research every night and probably never have to repeat a venue, unless it's a long trip.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 9:46 pm

Funny thing is, if you read this forum you would think so differently of me and the b/f. In reality, we are sooooo boring. hahaha
Old Feb 14, 2006, 11:32 pm

San Francisco

In SF:
The Eagle
The Lexington Club

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.