Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite Gay Bar Anywhere?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2009, 4:49 am

Programs: BD*G. BA gold. Air France platinum. FT baggage tags. PC Gold, Marriott Silver. Hilton Gold.
Originally Posted by bcmatt
The 60 Greatest Gay Bars In The World... according to Out.com and with a distinct North American bias!

http://www.out.com/exclusives.asp?id=25688
wow, thanks for this, a very useful trip planning tool!

whoops, trip planning resource. LOL.

Steve.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 10:21 am

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Smile

Tokyo- ARTY FARTY has been a favorite of mine for years! Mostly a younger crowd and special drink blast on Sunday evenings!!!
Old Sep 15, 2009, 2:04 pm

It's in Stockholm

It has got to be Malarpaviljonen in Stockholm. Only open in summer. Part of it is out on two barges in the lake. Fab eye candy, friendly, serves good food too. But like everything in Scandinavia it is expensive for those of us from the US. I'd say it is worth it.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 6:19 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Stock Bar, Montreal, bar none. Very hot joint.

Going to RIO and Sao Paulo and would like good advice for strip clubs saunas, etc.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 10:37 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Il Borgo on Sundays in Milan
Pierro's in Mykonos
Evening cocktail at the Elysium in Mykonos...
Old Sep 28, 2009, 9:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 100,000miler
Stock Bar, Montreal, bar none. Very hot joint.

Going to RIO and Sao Paulo and would like good advice for strip clubs saunas, etc.
To paraphrase Ava Gardner as Minnie Littlejohn, used to be hotter. But yeah, a longtime obligatory can't-miss stop on any tour of gay Montreal. ^
Old Oct 29, 2009, 6:10 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Beirut Nightlife

While not all exculsively gay..this site gives a great rundown the best party city in the Middle East. Many of these bars and clubs have a definite gay following/patrons.

http://www.beirutnightlife.com/

Enjoy
CJ

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Oct 29, 2009 at 6:23 pm
Old Nov 4, 2009, 10:38 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus
Thumbs up Definitely Stock Bar Montreal

And oh those Quebecois...
Old Nov 10, 2009, 8:07 pm

Programs: Now UA free!, AA Ex Plat, AS MVP, Marriott Titanium for life
Very easy... APRIL's in AMS!!
Old Nov 18, 2009, 2:00 am

Programs: UA 1K , Delta Gold
Nrt -ageha
icn - pulse
tpe - luxy , jump

pek - destination
pvg - club d2

bkk - dj station
kul - market place , la queen

Last edited by peteropny; Nov 18, 2009 at 8:58 am
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:54 pm

Red face

I'm only bringing up the places that had a lasting impression on me. Dive bars are great, but they are a dime a dozen, and I usually end up at the dance clubs after a short visit to the bars, so I will leave that discussion to everyone else. I was never single or looking, so the attitude or easiness of patrons never really mattered to me.

LA: Abbey: great decor, size, always crowded, strong drinks from several bars. The lack of a dance floor would be an issue, if there weren't 3-4 dance clubs w/in a block.
Tigerheat-a great vibe and fun crowd, too bad I'm gettin old, but its still goin strong

San Diego: Montage (RIP) This place made me want to move to SD over LA when I lived in Phoenix...til I discovered Tigerheat, strongest drinks I can recall (quantity over quality)

Mannheim: Connexion (Gaywork) huge club with a very diverse crowd and great music, lots of GI's, Germans, and everything in between, very unexpected so far outside of FRA

Berlin: Connexion the bar/dance floor nothing special, but that darkroom is amazing. I was walking around there for over an hour or two in a daze at all the options. Too bad I'm not a slut and my BF was AWOL.

Omaha: Max: I have been around the world, and this is still one of my favorite clubs as far as the layout and design. I think its great that they can have a drag show, a dance floor, and 2 different bar areas for hanging out in the middle, all at the same time. The crowd, not so much, but not as bad as it could be. I was shocked the first time I walked in here, not what I was expecting in Omaha.

SF and NY: very disappointing, a whole lot of places to go, nothing really stood out. I'm sure these cities may have the most diverse gay scenes in the USA, but its all about the people, not about the clubs. I think all large cities have a similar problem, they are so large that they tend to spread around the scene and people so much that it lacks any one amazing place. And I'm not really into the megaclub/circuit party vibe/music like Roxy or Factory. Some of my favorite places to go out are smaller cities where everyone packs into the same 1 or 2 clubs. And as a general rule, bars, clubs and music are much better in EU than USA. But good luck getting a decent cocktail in Europe or Asia, unless you go to a cocktail lounge. At least that is my worthless and unwanted opinion
Old Mar 6, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Originally Posted by downinit
Omaha: Max: I have been around the world, and this is still one of my favorite clubs as far as the layout and design. I think its great that they can have a drag show, a dance floor, and 2 different bar areas for hanging out in the middle, all at the same time. The crowd, not so much, but not as bad as it could be. I was shocked the first time I walked in here, not what I was expecting in Omaha.
I mentioned this to a friend from Omaha and he sent me this link:

http://www.newyorker.com/archive/200...fa_fact_singer
Old Mar 10, 2010, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP IC AMBASSADOR/DIAMOND Tk/ELITE (*G), JumeirahONE Gold
ku - London
Vlada NYC (I know I am so 2006). I was a huge fan of SBNY
Bulnes Buenos Aires
Pretty much any bar in Chueca, Madrid
Soho Amsterdam
The bar near La Place in Brussels in different stories - Very odd place but fun (Sorry too lazy to google the name)
The small bar in Bratislava (again - don t remember the name) but I think it is the only one

ps. and full disclosure: the Cxckring - Amsterdam (I know - shame on me)
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:34 pm

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
I wouldn't say SF and NY are THAT bad...in fact I enjoy it very much, being from SF myself. I'm a fan of hip hop, but not a fan of ghetto crowds...

However, Trigger and Cafe are pretty much renovated in SF's Castro District right across from each other and its pretty nice. Neither place is very big, but thats what I like about it. For the Asians, there is always Dragon but since ownership has changed, it's sorta went downhill. They play hip hop ^

In NY, I love RockIt @ Amalia, they always play good music. To a lesser extent, I've been to 57 but always been too drunk to remember.

As for LA, theres Rage for the Asians, Fiesta Cantina for 2 for 1 till midnight, Mickey's/Abbey for fun...Weho is just plenty off fun!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 3:08 am

For LA, the bars are all on the santa monica strip in west hollywood. The Abbey is always popular, but very, very crowded. I like Micky's and Fiesta Cantina. Personally, Rage is only good on Fridays for asian night.

As for NY, I think Amalia's (Rockit night) pretty nice and I like Therapy a lot.

In SF, I thought there were different options and the gay bars are not really concentrated. No one particular bar stood out to me. I liked Trigger.

For DC, I think it's pretty miserable. There are only so many bars/clubs, but you can't go wrong with Town if you're looking for a huge nightclub. It's a pretty black-white scene.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.