Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caesars (Total Rewards) Diamond Status from FoundersCard

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by ih8airlines
hey folks. i'd like to do this to get diamond status for 2019 - Jan 2020. (or beyond.) ideally, it would be great if i could get the diamond match before Jan 17 since I'm going to Vegas then. (not a big deal though, more important to have it during summer and Jan 2020.) what's my best play given this info? sign up for FC now or wait until 2019?
Definitely wait. Not worth doing it for barely 2 months, worst case. It's a gamble, no doubt. They may renew. They may not.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: Founders Card
Originally Posted by joker7
My referral code is FCJOE327
That will get you $200 off and no activation fee. Feel free to use it and pass it along to friends.
You might want to point out that if they are using it for back door Diamond status with CET, it will expire on Jan 31 2019 with no guarantee of renewell. Also, Diamond status alone no longer gets you free entry into the Diamond lounges, you can still get in, just have to pay $10 per visit (per person).

I know you would not want to mislead anyone.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Harry Lyme
Definitely wait. Not worth doing it for barely 2 months, worst case. It's a gamble, no doubt. They may renew. They may not.
It's almost time for the annual speculation about FC/CET renewal. CET has already made changes to the program to take away some of the perks for those that don't gamble enough for "full" Diamond card status. My guess is they keep the arrangement, it still gets people in the door, it still fills the hotel rooms (yes they lose the resort fees, but if you're staying, you're spending money). Or, they kick FC to the curb and tell all of us freeloaders to start gambling again if we want the status.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by ih8airlines
hey folks. i'd like to do this to get diamond status for 2019 - Jan 2020. (or beyond.) ideally, it would be great if i could get the diamond match before Jan 17 since I'm going to Vegas then. (not a big deal though, more important to have it during summer and Jan 2020.) what's my best play given this info? sign up for FC now or wait until 2019?
If you are 100% booked for rooms at CET property Jan 17th then it will probably be worth it to sign up for FC for the Diamond Perks.. Waived resort fees will save you 40.00 per night. You'll also be able to use the 100 dollar celebration dinner. and 2 free show tickets.
Then Jan 31st it will reset and you may or maynot be downgraded to Gold and upgraded back to Diamond again if/when FC renews their contract with CET which would happen pretty quickly.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by oyouno
If you are 100% booked for rooms at CET property Jan 17th then it will probably be worth it to sign up for FC for the Diamond Perks.. Waived resort fees will save you 40.00 per night. You'll also be able to use the 100 dollar celebration dinner. and 2 free show tickets.
Then Jan 31st it will reset and you may or maynot be downgraded to Gold and upgraded back to Diamond again if/when FC renews their contract with CET which would happen pretty quickly.
It would depend on how many nights you are staying. The shows are mid tier at best and I put zero value in them. Yes, the $100 food voucher helps, but if you are getting the FC solely for the CET Diamond perk, and the partnership is not renewed, keep this in mind from the Founderscard website....

9. Cancellation; Termination.

(a) You have the right to cancel your Membership at any time. Because of the nature of our service, no refunds will be available.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:05 pm

Latest TR news

Well, the latest change to the TR program is out and after reading all the dramatic changes foreseen in the program...nothing changed. Well the name did, but not much else.

" We have exciting news! Total Rewards is becoming Caesars Rewards starting February 2019. All current benefits will remain the same and a few additional hotel perks have been added."
huge likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
I've got a Vegas trip on 2/1 with a FC-induced Diamond status I've had since 2015 (In 2014 I earned it the hard way). Status expires January 31. I still have a host (he booked the stay), but I'm starting to get concerned that I won't have Diamond status when I arrive.

Is it too early to start speculating/inquiring? I think January 7th was when they announced it was extending last year? Also, can anyone recall if there was a lapse in Diamond status in previous years?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 8:47 am

Yes, there was a lapse. I believe it was 2 years ago. Even last year, there were reports of people getting downgraded on 1 Feb, then re-upgraded a few days later.

If I were you, I'd be very concerned and plan to not have Diamond status for that trip.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:50 am

Last year I lost diamond status for a few days. Once Feb 1st hit I had no status & then a few days later it was upgraded again so as the previous poster said I would be ready not to have any status for a few days.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Thanks for reaching out - that's a great question!

We actually just confirmed last week that our contract with Total Rewards has been renewed through January 2020. Your status should be seamlessly re-elevated, but if you see any change, feel free to reach out and we'll take care of it for you!

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
My reply from FC Customer Service today. Good news!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by josmul123
My reply from FC Customer Service today. Good news!
Thanks for the update saves me from emailing FC.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:08 am

It's official!!! The "through 2019" has been removed from the Founders Card Caesars Total Rewards webpage. After clicking "redeem benefit" it says...

For any new requests that have not received this upgrade in the past will reflect Diamond status through Jan 31, 2020 once your request has been submitted and processed.

For any previous/existing Members in good standing that have received Diamond status in the past through FoundersCard and currently reflect an expiration date of Jan 31, 2019: We are working to have your expiration date updated and will update this page when complete. Please make sure to keep your account in good standing to avoid any disruption.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:57 pm

So for a newb FC member, correct me if wrong, but it seems optimal to join around mid Feb, get the TR match through Jan 2020, then hopefully be able to use the same FC year in Feb 2020 to get TR through Jan 2021? Anyone with a referral code feel free to DM me.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: Chase UR, HHonors, SPG/Marriott, Total Rewards
I think on paper this would be ideal, but there's a bit of a wait to get diamond status though FC-- I recall almost 2 weeks. Additionally, I believe the FC terms state that once your membership ends, they will try and cut all your benefits. I haven't yet experienced this. IMO the Diamond status itself pays for my FC membership.

On a side note: currently, my diamond status is still showing expiration of 01/31/2018 so I assume this won't be updated til end of Jan. I'm unsure if there will be a lapse or not. I don't have any stays planned early Feb, but I imagine this would be a pressing issue for those that do.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:27 pm

It's official! My Diamond status renewed today. I am now good until 2020. Thank you Founderscard for getting it done early this year!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.