Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles not posting

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2023, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Location: CTU/TFU(Chengdu, Sichuan, China) - MIG (Mianyang, Sichuan, China) - EWR/JFK/LGA/HPN (Great New York City Metro Area, NY, USA) - HVN/BDL (New Haven/Hartford, CT, USA)
Programs: UA 1MM/F9 Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Gold; IHG Platinum; Choice Privileges Platinum
Miles not posting

Anyone experiencing this recently? Not sure what happened, but ever since I was matched to Elite 100K a few weeks, the miles for the flights I flew stopped posting. Initially one segment from October 6 was not posting, then the segment on October 9th was not posting - I contacted their missing miles through the link and the customer service agent came back confirming me that she has added the miles to my account but still nothing has shown up...... Also did another trip during the weekend of October 14 and October 15, nothing has shown up in my account and I am worried the same weird thing will continue.

Anyone else has this issue recently?
Old Oct 17, 2023, 10:54 am

I am having issues too. I tried to reply to the other recent post on here regarding this and it didn't post. I was given the runaround by 2 chat agents, on whats, and via the missing miles form submitted. Now they havent replied for almost 2 hours on twitter after I gave them all the info.
They finally replied on twitter after 9 hours and said The miles should reflect in my account in 2 days. Twiitter has been the only place I get any real results with them and talk to people who know what they're talking about.

Last edited by TravCaliGuy; Oct 17, 2023 at 8:54 pm
Old Oct 17, 2023, 12:38 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Same trouble for me for flights last week. Also new (again) 100k.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 5:15 pm

Same issue for me as a new 100k. I contacted them and got miles posted for one way of a roundtrip. I replied asking for credit on the full roundtrip. I finally received the miles for the full trip. I just realized they didn't give me the 1.5x mileage multiplier. Sending off another email now. Typical Frontier IT glitches and customer support.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 9:52 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
My roundtrip (bought as 2 one-way's) on 10 to14Oct finally posted on 18Oct. Both at the same time. Almost seems like they are doing this by hand. A couple of years ago, when I flew with them more, points seemed to book the same day.

Interestingly, while the redeemable miles posted, the tracking bar that says where I am for elite status still says zero. So, I don't know if the elite miles really did post but the tracker is wrong, or if elite miles didn't post at all.

edit: Actually, as I look again, while the tracker bar has not moved, the elite points are listed under my 100k status in the 'elite' tile.

Last edited by pretzlaff; Oct 20, 2023 at 9:59 am
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:56 pm

Flew this week and paid attention to when my miles posted because of this thread. I think the miles post as soon as they close the flight. I had my miles in my account before we physically left the gate in ATL.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jjbiv
Flew this week and paid attention to when my miles posted because of this thread. I think the miles post as soon as they close the flight. I had my miles in my account before we physically left the gate in ATL.
Yeah, I've now started watching for the miles and they seem to post instantaneously.

Of course, beginning January1, the issue becomes somewhat moot for me because of instead getting something like 1000 miles per flight, I think I'll get 29.

But I am now trying to collect enough miles for 2 Caribbean award tickets before the program goes kaboom. With more limited transcon options, there's little value in the program for me except int'l tickets as I don't need "free" tickets to replace $29 tickets. I've even asked a couple of family members who are flying Frontier before New Years to enroll in their otherwise worthless frequent flyer program so I can add them to my pool and pad my account by a couple of thousand miles.
jjbiv likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 1:37 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
I posted in a thread about how I got switched out of exit row and given a regular seat at boarding. The status and redeemable miles never posted. My theory is that customer service giving me compensation redeemable miles screwed up the posting of the regular redeemable and status miles.

The latest response was that I didn't board flight?! I sure did board it.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 6:20 pm

So: does this look right for TTN->MCO->LAS: 320 miles total??

02/05/24Standard Accrual: (Frontier) - Reference #: JDN98x 320 mi.320 mi.
02/05/24Standard Accrual: (Frontier) - Reference
#: JDN98G0 mi.0 mi.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
I posted in a thread about how I got switched out of exit row and given a regular seat at boarding. The status and redeemable miles never posted. My theory is that customer service giving me compensation redeemable miles screwed up the posting of the regular redeemable and status miles.

The latest response was that I didn't board flight?! I sure did board it.
So that idiot that wrote that response never replied. I created a new ticket and they closed it saying I had a pending complaint that was being handled by that agent that claims I didn't board the flight... How long am I supposed to wait for a response?

First time I'm really getting fed up with them and it's over a stupid mileage credit. I. Thinking I should have waited to complain about that exit row downgrade. I think the agent adding the compensation miles messed up the normal flight posting for status and redeemable, or their computer does show I didn't board somehow after the agent changed my seat and gave me a new boarding pass.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by rhwbullhead
So that idiot that wrote that response never replied. I created a new ticket and they closed it saying I had a pending complaint that was being handled by that agent that claims I didn't board the flight... How long am I supposed to wait for a response?

First time I'm really getting fed up with them and it's over a stupid mileage credit. I. Thinking I should have waited to complain about that exit row downgrade. I think the agent adding the compensation miles messed up the normal flight posting for status and redeemable, or their computer does show I didn't board somehow after the agent changed my seat and gave me a new boarding pass.
I received two responses from the original agent just now, a day after the response that I already had an open ticket. First, I was told it was being forwarded to the proper department. Then right after I get this garbage below telling me again that I didn't board the flight. How do I prove to these idiots that I boarded the flight?! Funny thing is usually I take I picture of the wing when I have my usual exit row as I like the animal mascots and the view of the gate area out the window but this time I had a poor seat in back and didn't take a pic.

I just told them that I boarded the flight and their computers are messed up or the agent screwed it up after I scanned my original boarding pass and she gave me a new one with a new seat.. same stuff I've told them 5 times...

​​​​​​Thank you for reaching back to Frontier Customer Relations. We appreciate your patient while waiting for our response.Iam sorry let me correct the last email, looking carefully into your flight notes I can see that you were informed by my teammate that you are not eligible for the miles since the flight was not boarded.The only miles added were the ones offered as customer gesture.If there is anything else, I can help you with please do not hesitate to let us know.

Edit:
Just in case anyone is wondering, I am not talking to them in the emails like I am here. I'm insulting them here but I'm very polite in the email even though I want to punch the screen at this point.

One more edit;

Just after I posted that edit, I got mad and sent this reply with a picture of the plane I had taken from the lounge.

I can't believe I keep being told I didn't board the flight. Usually I take a picture of the mascot on the wingtip when I have my usual window seat but unfortunately I was downgraded to a seat in back. I was the first one on the plane as I got to the gate just as they were announcing pre boarding for elite members. The agent was an African American woman about 5 feet 3" or so, give or take a few inches. Seated next to me were a Hispanic couple that didn't speak English. They ordered food on board as when we landed at Midway, he forgot the can of chips on the seat pocket and I told him in Spanish that he forgot his food. Please tell me how I know all these details of I didn't board the plane and how I got home. Also, this is my plane. You can zoom in on the tail numbers to verify. I took this from the lounge when it approached the gate about an hour and a half before the scheduled departure time.

Last Edit:
I followed advice I gave to someone in another thread. I decided to file a DOT complaint as well. I have given F9 more than enough leeway and they deserve the ding at this point for the report. I wasn't sure if a DOT report was appropriate but after reading the following (I bolded the relevant part), I decided to make a report.

Please use this form to file a complaint or comment about service you received or requested from an airline or ticket agent that does not relate to airline safety or security. This may include, but is not limited to, topics such as flight delays and cancellations, overbooking, disability, tarmac delays, baggage, discrimination, refunds, ticketing practices, family seating, frequent flyer programs, charter flights, privacy and air ambulance service.

Last edited by rhwbullhead; Feb 12, 2024 at 11:51 am
Old Feb 12, 2024, 12:57 pm

I actually received a response pretty quickly from the original agent. This time he tried to ask me if I perhaps am mistaken about the flight confirmation number. I just sent screenshots again of the boarding passes and the plane at the gate and mentioned that I had filed a DOT report and requested he find someone with the authority to credit my miles. At lear he somewhat got off the script I keep getting about not boarding. This time I also said something like do you realize that you are claiming I somehow came to airport and gate and got that new boarding pass and then did not fly and flew a different flight to get home?

Thank you for reaching back to Frontier Customer Relations. I see you mentioned that you did take the flight and you told us about the situations you experienced within the flight, however, looking at the records, I do see that XXXXX was marked as no show, at this point, we might be looking at two different flights possibly. Can you please confirm that we are talking about the confirmation code xxxxx or a different one?If so, please let us know, I will be glad to continue assisting.

Edit:

I did not write this in my reply but just thought of it. I should have added, do you think it's more likely that computer marking me as not boarded is somehow incorrect or I am lying after I gathered this screenshot of the new boarding pass and have the pic the plane. That I keep spending time over weeks to get credit for a flight that I did not fly?
Actually, after posting that I sent him another reply asking just what I wrote in the previous paragraph.

Last edited by rhwbullhead; Feb 12, 2024 at 1:03 pm
Old Feb 12, 2024, 1:36 pm

They replied again within an hour. Apparently they didn't like my message asking if it's more likely their system incorrectly marked me as not boarded or if the opposite is of me lying and getting boarding pass yet somehow not boarding the flight is the truth.

This is incredible. This time I attached a copy showing my paid parking at Midway. I can tell this is what they send people when they have no response. What is my next move? Wait for my complaint to.work it's way through DOT? They even compensated me for the seat downgrade but can't give me my status miles claiming I didn't board the plane?!

I guess he copy pasted this form letter:

Thank you for reaching back to Frontier Customer Relations. Upon reviewing your case, we found that there are no official notes or records from the airport or our staff to substantiate the incidents you described. We strive to maintain accurate and detailed records of all customer interactions to ensure proper investigation and resolution of any issues that may arise.In order to process a compensation request, it is important for us to have verifiable documentation or evidence that supports the claims made by our passengers. This helps us ensure fairness and accuracy in assessing such requests.While we understand the frustration and inconvenience you experienced during your travel, without official notes or records, we are unable to confirm the specific details you have provided. Please note that this is not meant to discredit or invalidate your experience, but rather a necessity in our process to ensure accurate resolution.We apologize for any disappointment or confusion this may cause. We value your feedback and take your concerns seriously. If there are any additional supporting documents or records you can provide to help us investigate your case further, we would be more than willing to reconsider your compensation request.Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

This was my reply back:

Here is a picture showing I paid for my parking at Midway airport (MDW-Chicago Midway) on January 21,.2024. you can verify that parking is $15 per 24 hour period. If you look at the flight that posted MDW-DFW and DFW-MIA , you'll see that I left Midway on January 19, 2024. I paid $45 parking and it was over 2 days parked and under 72 hours as the flight arrived in Midway around 7PM January 21 2024 from Miami. Why don't you check the records of who flew in seat xxx and xxx to verify my claims? I also attached the two boarding passes I had, including for the seat I actually flew on (xxx). I imagine you sent me a form letter when people complain. I have been more than patient and polite with my messages. Someone researching that flight can easily see the flight loads and what seats were assigned. Than you for your assistance.

Last edited by rhwbullhead; Feb 12, 2024 at 1:52 pm
Old Feb 12, 2024, 2:20 pm

Sorry to keep spamming the thread but they keep responding:

​​​​​ Looking carefully at the flight notes, I can see you did print the boarding pass at 1:40 pm, however, did not take the flight, your seat was removed at 4:05 pm on 01-21-24.Unfortunately, we are not able to credit those miles. I know this might not be the desired outcome, however, if there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Edit:
I'm done wasting my time with this guy after this last message I sent. As I say there, I could show more screenshots proving I was at the airport, but this guy apparently has no power to fix my issue or doesnt believe me.

Any suggestions at this point of how to proceed? My plan is to wait for maybe the DOT complaint to produce results, maybe wait until March, and then fire off a snail mail to corporate. I could just drop it but I'm aggravated now so will use downtime to keep going through other channels.
​​​
​​​​​​This was my response:

​​​​​​This is another example of how your notes are incorrect. I did not print that boarding pass. The gate agent did as it was waiting for me at the gate as I already stated.

I can waste time showing more screenshots showing when I returned my car and screenshots of the airport restaurant I visited showing I was at the airport. Furthermore, my girlfriend and her 3 kids were also on that flight on a separate confirmation number and can vouch that I was on that flight.

At this point, I can see I am getting nowhere through this channel. You can settle this manner by forwarding this to the appropriate department to credit my status and redeemable miles for the flight. Otherwise, I guess I have to wait for my complaint to work it's way through the Department of Transportation and I'll have to pursue other avenues such as a letter to the US Mail to Frontier Corporate headquarters. I will have to reconsider several flights I was planning on booking since apparently I can't get this simple matter resolved and worry about any future issues I might have on more serious matters. You compensated me for the seat downgraded which I appreciate but somehow now you are telling me that I didn't fly that flight in the downgraded seat that I was compensated for? I understand there must be some glitch in the system so please send this to the department that can override this issue.
:
​​​​

Edit:
I can finally relax. As you can see, when I get myself worked up about something, and it takes a lot to get me to that point,, I really want to be ready on all avenues. I think my plan is to not respond to this agent anymore after this last message.

I found this link showing this address as one I can send snail mail to in a month or two if the DOT complaint doesn't produce any results.

I figured I'd post this so all the methods of complaint are on one spot for someone doing a search in the future. You have the DOT link a few posts up and this snail mail address

In writing, you may send written correspondence to us at:

Frontier Airlines, Inc.
Attn: Customer Relations
4545 Airport Way
Denver, CO 80239

We will acknowledge receipt of written complaints and concerns within 30 days of receiving the correspondence, and we promise to have a substantive response within 60 days of receiving the correspondence.

Last edited by rhwbullhead; Feb 12, 2024 at 2:52 pm
Old Feb 13, 2024, 6:58 am

I woke up to a response this morning. Agent offered me 5,000 miles as a one time exception.

H Here's the gist of my reply. I wrote it more formally and politely but this is the TLDR:

I told the agent if it were 5k status and redeemable miles, id be interested in closing the matter but if it's 5k redeemable miles again, I am not interested. I told him I don't want an exception because that implies I am asking for something I am not rightfully owed. I said if he doesn't have the authority to credit my status and redeemable miles, then he should.forward this matter to someone who can do it.

I made the point too that this is not a customer service issue where there may be multiple sides to the issue. This is an irrefutable fact that I took this flight despite something being screwed up in their system. I speculated that maybe the agent messed up when she gave me my new boarding pass with the downgraded seat and let me on the plane or the flight somehow went out with the wrong passenger count.

I also mentioned how I have four travel companions that were on a different confirmation number that saw me on this flight
​​​I didn't mention it in the email, but I even have contemporaneous posts on this forum of my journey in MIA to the PP restaurant and lounge and my post about the downgraded seat that I made while the plane was still boarding. I then have my posts about the downgraded seat complaint and the resolution of that issue. I'll just close this post by saying I also refused the likely 5k redeemable only miles because ​status miles are worth more to me than more redeemable miles (I have over 250k I need to burn). Also, at this point I want what I am rightfully owed due to their mistake.
Edit:
I'll edit this since I received a response quickly, like it was less than an hour. This agent replied with a message saying my issue has been forwarded to a supervisor. I guess they are finally taking me seriously.

Thoughts while I'm half asleep is that I think I'm aggravated with them for having to go through all this just for less than 2k status miles.and redeemable. I'll probably be relieved when they finally fix this but it's left a highly negative view of F9 for me and I've been a strong proponent of them in the past. I probably should consider paying more at the competition but then again, I read how posters here are mad at UA, AA or whomever.

I just have to figure if I ever have a bigger customer service issue that I need to be prepared to have a fight on my hands. Its funny,: I was initially quite happy with how they resolved my seat downgrade as I posted in my thread about it, but this has been a nightmare. I feel like they gaslighted me for 3 weeks about not being on this flight even after I sent them more proof than the average person would even have.

I think people who have posted are right:.if you get into say an IDB situation or something like that's youll.havw to file with DOT and fight them hard if they fought this hard just to deny me 2k status and redeemable miles bc of a computer error or.agent error.

Last edited by rhwbullhead; Feb 13, 2024 at 7:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.