Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New Finnair Longhaul cabin coming January 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
New cabin on:
333 LTM LTO LTP LTR LTS LTT LTU (C28W21Y230)

359:
LWB (C43W24Y211)
LWC (C43W24Y211)
LWD (C43W24Y211)
LWE (C43W24Y211)
LWF (C43W24Y211)
LWG (C43W24Y211)
LWH (C43W24Y211)
LWI (C30W26Y265)
LWK (C30W26Y265)
LWL (C30W26Y265)
LWM (C43W24Y211)
LWN (C30W26Y265)
LWO (C30W26Y265)
LWP (C30W26Y265)
LWR (C30W26Y265)
LWS (C30W26Y265)

Routes with "guaranteed" new cabin W23–24 (29OCT23 onwards):
BKK (AY141/142), DFW (AY19/20), DEL (AY121/122), DOH (AY1981/1982, AY1983/1984, AY1985/1986), HKG (AY99/100), JFK (AY15/AY16), SIN (AY131/132), HND (AY61/62)

Print Wikipost

New Finnair Longhaul cabin coming January 2022

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2022, 2:56 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by FFlash
Rumor says they will tell they will hire more loyalty managers to reinforce the new loyalty direction going on.
Why they need managers when the only thing they do is give away status? What is there to manage?

AY needs to focus on fixing problems, not creating new ones.
Petrus and Purjelentaja like this.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 3:16 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by florens
Why they need managers when the only thing they do is give away status? What is there to manage?

AY needs to focus on fixing problems, not creating new ones.
Managing new problems. And managing declining loyalty to speed up the downhill.
These are good for new managers. More problems to manage.
florens and Purjelentaja like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 3:21 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Could anyone share their opinion on the middle seats when travelling with a partner? Can the barrier between the seats be lowered? Is it reasonably private?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 3:46 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Depending on seats and flights (numbers please). Domestic ATR-rides nil. 32x neither. Thinking of getting 3-3-3 to a cheaper bed in 351?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:15 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
Could anyone share their opinion on the middle seats when travelling with a partner? Can the barrier between the seats be lowered? Is it reasonably private?
I flew to ORD on A330 with the new cabin with my partner for Easter and have to say, wow, I liked the new seat alot, it is light years ahead of the previous one(s). We were sitting in middle seats. Initially only the outbound flight was planned to be operated with new cabin, but luckily also return was changed to refurbished one, so we got good experience of the new seat on day and night flight. I was doubtful of a seat that doesn't recline, but my worries were washed away very soon. The cabin looks stunning, nice contrast of colours, yet it gives warm feeling. The seat is very wide allowing finding very comfortable sitting position(s) and also changing it easily. It comes with two pillows, the other is normal and the other more firm to help finding support whereever you want it while sitting. It was actually very easy to find good sitting position for watching movies, eating or reading. For sleeping the seat was quite long and with plenty of room to find comfortable sleeping position. I think I've never slept so well on a plane before.

IFE screen is big and good, though I didn't give so much attention to movie selection. Moving map works well.

Storage space is ample, table is good allowing moving it partly to the side if one wants to get up from the seat during meal, with side table equipped with wireless charger for phone.

Previously when travelling with someone on A350s it has been quite difficult to dine "together" as the wall between seats prevents seeing the other properly, but with this new seat just lower the partition wall and voilá, you are travelling together with your travel companion

Privacy of the seat is very good, meaning also that visibility out of your own nest is quite limited. On arrival to ORD there was quite alot of turbulence for the last 30mins and as visibility from the middle seat to the window was quite limited, it almost caused motion sickness. That is actually the only downside of the new seat I can think of after two first flights, but that's the price to pay for very good privacy.

Great new seat, I am really positively surprised, impressed and pleased with it, and as my next flght is just in two weeks and obviously it will be with the A350 old cabin, I already now feel disappointed. Then another thing is what is they offer onboard and as far as the soft product is concerned, it has gone downhill so much that I just wonder do they really understand at AY management that investing millions of euros in great seats is in vain if the food and other parts of that service they provide is just miserable.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:16 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
Thread title is "new longhaul cabin"....
Yes, the middle seat barries can be lowered and is easy to talk with the neighbour. When up, privacy good.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:33 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Why is it so important to see partner on airplane?
SPBanker and FFlash like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
​​​​​​
I guess that depends on the partner lol
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:07 am

Hehehehe. It depends. Some couples are like siameese twins. Others don't need to stare at each other all the time.

Not tried it yet, but seems to me Finnair have cracked the holy grail of business class seats. Think of it, when you are at home or perhaps at a hotel, do you have a chair or sofa that reclines to the Z position? You either chill in your sofa/armchair or you go to the bed to sleep. I fly the current A350 AY business seat frequently, it's not bad, but the closed footwell disturbs my feet. That is my only concern with this new seat, but it does look to be longer and much wider in bed mode so should not be an issue.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:30 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Petrus
Hehehehe. It depends. Some couples are like siameese twins. Others don't need to stare at each other all the time.
Yep. I never understood why couples cant be separated or need to stare each other all the time. Or listen.

My next long haul is my with my friend, I chose seats. For him 7L and for me 7A so no need to talk höpöhöpö all the time, can focus on most important (flight).
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:30 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
This reminds me of something years back. Two businessmen at LHR, approaching the gate podium. One was in J, the other in Y and they asked for a complimentary upgrade so they could sit together. The gate agent, unimpressed, replied, "Why? Are you handcuffed?"
r2d2, NoWindowSeat, OH-LGG and 9 others like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:59 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by ffay005
This reminds me of something years back. Two businessmen at LHR, approaching the gate podium. One was in J, the other in Y and they asked for a complimentary upgrade so they could sit together. The gate agent, unimpressed, replied, "Why? Are you handcuffed?"
Ouch . Obviously the fellow in J should have gone to Y, since sitting together is important.
ffay005, FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:20 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Ouch . Obviously the fellow in J should have gone to Y, since sitting together is important.
Done that. We were in J and friend couple in Y. I gave my seat to friends wife and went to my friend in Y. I think spouses were fine in J with their gossips and I was good with my friend in 58Ö with höpöthings
r2d2 and SPBanker like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:39 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by FFlash
Done that. We were in J and friend couple in Y. I gave my seat to friends wife and went to my friend in Y. I think spouses were fine in J with their gossips and I was good with my friend in 58Ö with höpöthings
You racked plenty of spouse and karma points for that move.
FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
In this particular case my travelling partner is my 3yo son, so pretty important that I'm able to see him.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.