Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New Finnair Longhaul cabin coming January 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
New cabin on:
333 LTM LTO LTP LTR LTS LTT LTU (C28W21Y230)

359:
LWB (C43W24Y211)
LWC (C43W24Y211)
LWD (C43W24Y211)
LWE (C43W24Y211)
LWF (C43W24Y211)
LWG (C43W24Y211)
LWH (C43W24Y211)
LWI (C30W26Y265)
LWK (C30W26Y265)
LWL (C30W26Y265)
LWM (C43W24Y211)
LWN (C30W26Y265)
LWO (C30W26Y265)
LWP (C30W26Y265)
LWR (C30W26Y265)
LWS (C30W26Y265)

Routes with "guaranteed" new cabin W23–24 (29OCT23 onwards):
BKK (AY141/142), DFW (AY19/20), DEL (AY121/122), DOH (AY1981/1982, AY1983/1984, AY1985/1986), HKG (AY99/100), JFK (AY15/AY16), SIN (AY131/132), HND (AY61/62)

Print Wikipost

New Finnair Longhaul cabin coming January 2022

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2022, 11:47 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
I flew 2 days ago ORD-HEL with brand new seats and I missed a seat where you push the button and you are up and sitting again.
I wonder how older and reduced people come up from lying position with this new seat.
The seat is designed for people with sustainable bodies!
Old May 24, 2022, 3:44 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
And that extra mattress is a joke. Everytime you move, it comes along so finally it's on the floor.
A mattress that is as thin as a blanket... The only thing it does is it prevents me from laying my head directly on the seat.
Old May 24, 2022, 3:47 am

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
I really liked the seat on my journey to SIN but was quite 🤬that the entertainment-system didn’t work for the total duration of the flight.
The food was good and the crew was very relaxed with face masks.
SPBanker likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 5:03 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Just arrived in SIN bout 1h ago.

Positive:
I did manage to find a "lounging position" that was good.
Wireless charging.

Neutral:
Food was better than before, but if the same menu sticks around for 6months... And also a great idea would be that for the midnight departures, after takeoff do the light meal and save the "bigger" meal for after people wake up. At 01:30 serving beef cheeks and red wine is not the greatest idea.

Negative:
WTH is the so called mattress? I was expecting atleast 1 inch thick foam, but there was a blanket instead that didnt stay in place.
My body is not made to get up from this seat mid sleep and go to toilet. Was a struggle.
Sleeping belt is too tight.
IFE shut down and rebooted on its own 4 times.

All in all i still think im slightly positive, but just very slightly.

No Lumo recognition at all. Singaporean crew was efficient.
Lounge ran out of food. There was just one pan available.
FFlash and DragonSoul like this.

Last edited by Jorma; May 24, 2022 at 5:13 am
Old May 24, 2022, 5:21 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
I had the new J cabin experience on the way back from JFK a few days ago. I found the seat very comfortable for normal seating, lounging and sleeping. Agree with the thoughts that the "mattress" is little more than a blanket. Something with a bit of memory foam or latex would go a long way to improve this, maybe a strap to hold it in place.

As for the food, I ordered my usual "Asian Vegetarian" meal. Since there is no menu for flights not departing from HEL I didn't want to chance that I couldn't eat what was on offer. Unfortunately, this was the worst (including in Y) Asian vegetarian meals that I've had. Bland and both the main and 2nd meal were basically the same. Just the first was larger and served with rice. A very uninspired mess of roasted vegetables and some tofu. The lack of a printed menu on board, even if only for wine and drinks is also just a big miss IMO.
Old May 24, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
For me sleeping is bad in the new seat. I slept better in economy exit row, where the space is much larger than the new J anyway. Must conform to the seat which enforces the sleeping position and side. With two mattresses it's comfortable as far as softness goes.

Dirty foams visible.

No power sockets. Just two weak USB ports.

Food delicious.

Difficult to get out of the seat (and impossible to return) when tucked in under blankets, table extended and full of food - ended up spilling drinks.

My experience wasn't made better by the first thing that came out of the FA's mouth when boarding was a rude "point that air vent somewhere else". The first thing could also have been a greeting, welcome on board, offer to bring drinks, and a Plat recognition. None of that. Apparently there are forbidden directions of airvents to blow into. Later in the flight she also lowered the window shutters just reaching over me without asking, and brought me wrong food (lack of attention to SPML lists). When I said excuse me, she just said it's to prevent the sun over the Atlantic. Ok, then. Chief Purser did not come to greet and delegated all service to the other FAs. A really bad crew.

Old May 24, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by zxcv1
No power sockets. Just two weak USB ports.
Power socket is on the wall in the footwell.
Old May 24, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
In any case, a new seat is no better than an old one.

Best AY seat is still OH-LTM's 2A 4A 6A 8A.
Old May 24, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by zxcv1
My experience wasn't made better by the first thing that came out of the FA's mouth when boarding was a rude "point that air vent somewhere else". The first thing could also have been a greeting, welcome on board, offer to bring drinks, and a Plat recognition. None of that. Apparently there are forbidden directions of airvents to blow into. Later in the flight she also lowered the window shutters just reaching over me without asking, and brought me wrong food (lack of attention to SPML lists). When I said excuse me, she just said it's to prevent the sun over the Atlantic. Ok, then. Chief Purser did not come to greet and delegated all service to the other FAs. A really bad crew.
Why didn't you ask for/complain to the Purser? Seems like an awful crew and especially as Plat member....I wouldn't have just sat there quietly if I were on that flight, would rather raise the issue to the purser on board and get it rectified mid-way than leave the flight with a bad experience...
Old May 24, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Power socket is on the wall in the footwell.
Oh?! Well, this is something the FA didn't know either, though this crew was terrible anyway.
Old May 24, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by ffay005
A mattress that is as thin as a blanket... The only thing it does is it prevents me from laying my head directly on the seat.
Mattress=fartfilter in your fartcage 😬😬
cistavoda likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 8:20 am

Programs: krisflyer
Which is the best seat for the new business class? Flying to SIN in August.
Old May 25, 2022, 2:47 pm

Programs: AY Platinum; TK Elite+; MR Titanium; HH Diamond
Is there any difference between the first row seats and the rest regarding footcoffin space (or anything else)?
Old May 26, 2022, 10:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by deleter
Is there any difference between the first row seats and the rest regarding footcoffin space (or anything else)?
Flying from Singapore in a few days (A350 new cabin) and we have 10D/H booked (front row of the mini-cabin), and I would be interested to know whether these seats have bigger footwell areas?
Old May 27, 2022, 12:23 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
First experience of the new seats on a brand new aircraft (OH-LWS). Overall experience very positive, but here are some observations:
  • Foot cubicles more roomy than on the cirrus seats, non-bulkhead seats also seemed a little longer in length in bed mode than the cirrus ones
  • Wireless charging is great
  • Sleeping on either side seems technically possible, but sleeping facing away from the seat, it's not particularly comfortable, thanks to the curvature of the seat shell in front
  • IFE seems quite a bit better than the old system, the UI is quite nice, although mine randomly rebooted and failed to start up after touching ground
  • Table a little flimsy, but works
  • Very much enjoyed setting the seat into bed mode and then using it similarly as one would a sofa, very comfortable
  • Great privacy
  • Very much like the design and finishes
  • Thanks to the positioning of the middle seat pair, it's actually possible to interact with your traveling companion, vs. the old seats
However, one thing I couldn't help to wonder is how people with difficulties in mobility fare with these seats. As pointed out before, I could see some trouble for e.g. older pax who may not be able to move their limbs and body around as flexibly. Getting into bed mode while sitting on the seat requires one to lift legs a fair bit, and then slide oneself into the tube. If standing up to set up the bed mode, the angle of attack on getting back to the seat could be a bit narrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.