Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New Finnair Longhaul cabin coming January 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
New cabin on:
333 LTM LTO LTP LTR LTS LTT LTU (C28W21Y230)

359:
LWB (C43W24Y211)
LWC (C43W24Y211)
LWD (C43W24Y211)
LWE (C43W24Y211)
LWF (C43W24Y211)
LWG (C43W24Y211)
LWH (C43W24Y211)
LWI (C30W26Y265)
LWK (C30W26Y265)
LWL (C30W26Y265)
LWM (C43W24Y211)
LWN (C30W26Y265)
LWO (C30W26Y265)
LWP (C30W26Y265)
LWR (C30W26Y265)
LWS (C30W26Y265)

Routes with "guaranteed" new cabin W23–24 (29OCT23 onwards):
BKK (AY141/142), DFW (AY19/20), DEL (AY121/122), DOH (AY1981/1982, AY1983/1984, AY1985/1986), HKG (AY99/100), JFK (AY15/AY16), SIN (AY131/132), HND (AY61/62)

Print Wikipost

New Finnair Longhaul cabin coming January 2022

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Interesting fact - The CX/design lead for this seat used to work for QR...including the initial phases of QSuites...
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:41 am

I pretty much agree with ffay05 findings. Couldn't say that there was any difference in legroom in 1A and 2A. I quite like the new seat and obviously it's a huuuuuge improvement over the old A330 seat.
ffay005 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 5:00 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by elventhor
I pretty much agree with ffay05 findings. Couldn't say that there was any difference in legroom in 1A and 2A. I quite like the new seat and obviously it's a huuuuuge improvement over the old A330 seat.
I agree. The only complaint I had is missing elbowsupport, and missing recliner for varying sitting positions, also somewhat short bench for kneesupport.
I will happily sleep on this one, but happily take PE for daytime.

Probably AY hit very well here in sustainability choice. They want people to sleep, sustainable in terms of service and for those who stay awake are probably only yogamasters who are green and sustainable anyway

NoWindowSeat, ffay005, TTL and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 5:42 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I can't understand how it's possible to have the same number of seats as before but to include so much more space for legs&feet as well as storage for laptops etc.

By the way, the number of seats is not exactly the same as 1A&L are missing now. I didn't pay attention – what's there instead of the seats?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:58 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by FFlash
I agree. The only complaint I had is missing elbowsupport, and missing recliner for varying sitting positions, also somewhat short bench for kneesupport.
I will happily sleep on this one, but happily take PE for daytime.

Probably AY hit very well here in sustainability choice. They want people to sleep, sustainable in terms of service and for those who stay awake are probably only yogamasters who are green and sustainable anyway

The latter, definitely!
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 10:50 pm

Programs: SQ AA TK
Just got to try the new seats on LWD. I suspect LWE also has the new seats as it's rostered on SIN-HEL together with LWD, and all the seat maps for SIN are showing new config, even until departure.

IFE was inop the whole 13 hours, and Wifi was not available.

The seat itself, reminds me of what I always did with the old SQ seats. After take off, I'd flip it down and then lounge on it until landing.

I thought some things they've got right with this seat include
-> buttons that are not hyper sensitive, so you don't press them by accident.
-> there are 3 lights control. The overhead one. The little lamp, and in the footwell. The little lamp has a great number of angles so very useful. The little map and footwell lights can be dimmed with a lot of different brightness.
-> Footwell was huge (bulkhead)
-> super private without doors, can't see your neighbours.
-> I liked the foam pillows

Now for the bad.
-> Found the seat a little hard.
-> Old bedding was given, which was not practical. Nowhere to anchor the bedding, so it'd just slip almost immediately.
-> But the old bedding did immediately show how small the old seat was.
-> The seat was some scratchy fabric. It meant that I found strands of hair on the seat, that was presumably from the previous passenger.
-> lack of arm support on the aisle side. Maybe the should make a little ledge that can be folded down on the aisle side.

In terms of storage, there is decent storage. It is along the window side, before the foot well, below the seat surface. Can fit a laptop and 2 toiletries bag in the 2 diff compartments. The compartment with the headphone plugs is small and has an annoying light that cannot be turned off. You're not supposed to but it's possible if you cable is thin enough to have it come through the gaps. The plug is on the floor and you just have to thread the cable through between the cushion. Makes sense especially if you have a big plug like a macbook charger.

For those wondering about 1E and 1F. Yes, you're sandwiched between 2 toilets. The toilet doors are facing inwards, and the door frame stops at the front partition of 1E and 1F. These toilets are even behind the galley curtains, meaning in the main cabin. So good luck.

10A on the other hand, was very far from the galley due to a lot of storage and cabinet in between. Could not hear anything from the single toilet at L2, facing the forward of the aircraft.

The seat is nicer than the typical CX,QR reverse herringbone. But loses out to Q and SQ newest J on the 380. Combine that with the superior catering and IFE on SQ and QR, has made me glad that i've only bought one way on AY. Don't foresee flying AY instead of my usual.
ffay005 and mpkz like this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by dfs24
Just got to try the new seats on LWD. I suspect LWE also has the new seats as it's rostered on SIN-HEL together with LWD, and all the seat maps for SIN are showing new config, even until departure.

IFE was inop the whole 13 hours, and Wifi was not available.
I flew LWD HEL-SIN on 05APR and the wifi worked. Now I'm due to fly SIN-HEL on 12APR, and again on LWD, and I truly hope the wifi works as I've planned to do some work that requires online access. But good to know, perhaps I'll have to try to do some of it tomorrow before the flight just in case.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat/UA 1K/Delta Platinum
is this planned on any US routes ?
Old Apr 12, 2022, 4:57 pm

Wifi works on OH-LWD right now.

Originally Posted by ambush276
At least DFW. Do I remember JFK, too?
Old Apr 12, 2022, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat/UA 1K/Delta Platinum
is there a timeline or article saying when the DFW route will start ?
Old Apr 12, 2022, 5:29 pm

is there a timeline or article saying when the DFW route will start ?
11MAY is the official launch date. Before that, at least some flights have the new seats. I'm scheduled to fly to DFW later this month and my outbound shows old J and inbound new J.

(On tonight's SIN-HEL, there are people in the PE seats and neck-pillows as well as J amenity kits are provided for pax in PE seats.)
Old Apr 12, 2022, 11:47 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Both JFK routes and DFW from 11MAY22
Old Apr 12, 2022, 11:54 pm

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Originally Posted by ffay005

(On tonight's SIN-HEL, there are people in the PE seats and neck-pillows as well as J amenity kits are provided for pax in PE seats.)
Its the same amenity kit for PE and J according to AY.com

Both AY.com PE and AY.com J amenity kit link into same AY.com matkapakkaus

Now there was a good chance to make a new amenity kit for J, as the current one is way more PE (or even Y) than J... but sustainability and enhancements won by the looks of it.
r2d2, ffay005 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:26 am

Programs: AY Platinum
F

Helsinki - Amsterdam yesterday

~ new entertainment system is an improvement but selection is still sub par
~ pillows for sure will tear and wear and its a bit akward to find right and comfortable position
~ akward to find a good posture to dine.. short flight ok but long haul not so convinced
~ new seatbelt system does not fit and does not feel good. did not try the lie flat seat belt. over the shoulder buckle also keeps hitting back of head during flight and you need to sit in a position to ”dodge” it
+ leg rests are reall nice and makes a full flat
+ wireless charging and plenty of adapters to charge laptop same time
+ fresh look and new is new
+ better storage which fits macbook

sorry for short post but thought to post prior I forget 😄
Mickidon and aah_ like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I flew this from LHR-HEL earlier.

Looks very nice and has that "new car" smell.

Seat material is fairly rough, but that might be to make it hard wearing.

Do like the fact you can close the door when a cable is plugged in where the remote and USB charging points are.

Took me a while to figure out the table. The release button looks more like the button to put a seat into take-off / landing position.

Two light switches, but couldn't figure out what the first one did. Second did the light near your head.

Red button that looks like a 2 crossed with a Z. No idea.

Sat in 2A, and felt the console bit next to the window seemed to take up a lot of space. No idea if it hold electrical or mechanical bits? Could have got a CX F sized seat with that.

Comfort wise, fine for my 2-3hr trip. Put the seat in bed mode and curled up a bit.
Not the best option when dining. Prefer sitting upright.

Seat belts. Used the same sort of style on an AA flight I think (777-200 business?). Don't like clipping the shoulder belt onto the other bit - really hard to release and in an emergency, sure a lot of people would have issues.

PE was being used on this flight. 1/4 full perhaps with everyone spread out. Couldn't try the seats as people in every row.
Economy looked fresh with more people in the smaller front cabin, and lots of space in the rear cabin.
aah_ likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.