Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New AY ticket types from 31MAR20 . should we be worried ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AY ticket types from 31MAR20 . should we be worried ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by intuition
I'm curious if business campaign still exists and if it is aligned with light.
It's among us and doing well.

Old Jun 16, 2021, 12:13 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by FinnairPlus_Ela
One word: patience
Hi, FinnairPlus_Ela we obviously haven't met I'm Kauppias 😂😂 I don't have patience 😂😂😂

But good to hear there is a chance...

With all these flight cancellations, NO ORC like SAS has provided, and no compromises available with flight cancellations it has been a very bleak time for some of us who don't fly Domestics 😂😂 (atleast without strong incentives) 😂👍👍
Old Jun 16, 2021, 12:17 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite
I think the strangest thing is this "A Flex ticket bought after 15 June doesn’t include airport priority services." So Flex is the most expensive business class ticket type and that does not include priority? So priorities are now status only? Or cheaper classic has it, as there is no mention about it?

The booking page though, does not reflect this change. Flex has priority check-in, boarding and security according to it, as does classic and it is June 16 already. But light does not, as stated.

As status member I love the idea of business light as the seat is only thing I need from it currently. As long as it is cheaper than before. Although lower point accumulation is a bummer. Really hard to tell. You can compare it to past prices, but these are not normal times, hard to tell what the price would be normally. Is this really a cheaper alternative, or a more traditional, "You now have to pay extra to get what was included before".

Although I much doubt I will pay for business class tickets in the future, never done it so far. I will use vouchers or points, if not possible, then I will rather go couch than pay that much extra. Maybe I could take a cheap last minute upgrade.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 12:45 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
But this is great! Campaign: pay for Classic, get Light "benefits".

I'm sure this is what customers really want.
OH-LGG, the810, Kelju and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by srieppo
I think the strangest thing is this "A Flex ticket bought after 15 June doesnt include airport priority services."
I understood this to be an error.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 12:59 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by ffay005
I understood this to be an error.
I read this as Y flex not having priority services in the future, J Flex would not make any sense.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 1:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ffay005
But this is great! Campaign: pay for Classic, get Light "benefits".

I'm sure this is what customers really want.

New world and new style. Now we travel light like Ole says it.
the810, FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 1:24 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by lkrt
I read this as Y flex not having priority services in the future, J Flex would not make any sense.
Not unheard of for airlines to make no sense rules 😂😂
Old Jun 16, 2021, 1:43 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by lkrt
That is probably what they meant. Looks like Y Flex does not have those indeed.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 1:51 am
Original Poster

It's Economy Flex:

An Economy Flex ticket bought after 15 June doesn’t include airport priority services.
https://company.finnair.com/en/media...ews?id=4000294
Old Jun 16, 2021, 2:00 am

Okay. Well, that's of little concern to the average FTer. And probably of little concern to anyone else, for that matter. Wouldn't mostly everyone, who flies on company dime and is forced to buy these, have status?
Old Jun 16, 2021, 3:06 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
BLight makes absolutely no sense. Aimed for leisure travellers? If flying longhaul for holidays, how many flies without a luggage, I suspect not many (not talking about FT'ers).
How many buys BLight without realising the glitches? Many. And then you end up buying 2 x 70 for the luggage and min. 2 x 95 for the seat = adds up to MORE than the price difference to BClassic, and you are still without priority services and lounge....... Ridiculous, may I say. To make sense, the BLight fare needs to be substantially less.
Ed Size, skiaplg, the810 and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 3:10 am
Original Poster

BLIGHT is really for idiots and fools who dont know about prices and what you get. And these "travel light" fools AY tries desperately no to prey.
ffay005, Ed Size, the810 and 6 others like this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 4:24 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Regrettable as the new tickets may be, these enhancement do make elite status more valuable. Not sure whether lounges will become less crowded, though.

Yes, QR did introduce similar tickets, but their QSuite and Al Mourjan lounge are different products from the AY premium cabin and crowded HEL lounges - which aren't even open while the Al Mourjan has never closed its doors. AY, if you want to imitate QR in ticketing, please also imitate their lounges and QSuites. A good start would be to open the lounges.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 6:53 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black

Looks like aligned, yes. Does it also credit 150%?
Good to know "Campaign" is more expensive than light...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.