Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New AY ticket types from 31MAR20 . should we be worried ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AY ticket types from 31MAR20 . should we be worried ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2020, 11:36 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
I looked at the sale, but my excitement came to a complete halt while looking in EF that these are indeed booking into R(omeo) and it's still AY Supersonic Class with BAEC, meaning it's still classed as discounted economy...
This has already been corrected for quite a while.
esledo likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 12:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Prsidentielle
Originally Posted by Jainzar
So now you have the incentive you waited for to switch to AY+
Unfortunately not. These special prices are for a very limited timeframe. It would require better earnings overall within OW or some status challenge (even from another alliance would be okay). Starting from scratch makes it unattractive, taken I have lots of OW bookings mainly with BA and AA coming up. It would require more longterm planning.

Originally Posted by on22cz
Okay, good to know. I sent a message to BAEC that they need to fix their public data on Avios and tier points. It's still showing wrong in their calculator and I couldn't find with the search an answer on FT.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 12:19 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Unfortunately not. These special prices are for a very limited timeframe. It would require better earnings overall within OW or some status challenge (even from another alliance would be okay). Starting from scratch makes it unattractive, taken I have lots of OW bookings mainly with BA and AA coming up. It would require more longterm planning.

Okay, good to know. I sent a message to BAEC that they need to fix their public data on Avios and tier points. It's still showing wrong in their calculator and I couldn't find with the search an answer on FT.

if times right you can go from Basic to Plat quite painlessly even without a challenge..
​​​.

2-3 J trips and award point exchange and there you are with the right timing the status is valid for 2 years

in that regard AY+ can be a easy switch
Flying Yazata likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 12:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by on22cz
Though the calculator on ba.com is not up to date yet.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 5:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Prsidentielle
I shall blame you now for me booking a Spear Air/Keihsmatkat styled hop to AGP for 280 TPs and being nasty against government advice/recommendation. I count on what on22cz said regarding the BAEC TPs. This ticket was cheaper than the old AGP run for approx. 500 .

My guess the Sla VIP at AGP will be open by the time I fly, so even with the sandwich for over a 4 hour flight, I can at least eat something in advance. Plus there's BK upstairs anyway, would the lounge be closed.

I was supposed to be grounded until November, but these fares were indeed tempting. Too bad LIS isn't so discounted now, would've liked to do it instead. This trip will be my first flights since arriving from FCO in February with AY. Truth to be told, I booked this as it will secure me BAEC GGL, unless a lot changes during the summer and fall in terms of aviation, travel etc.

Old Jun 17, 2020, 6:33 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
it issues my apologies

Last edited by kauppias; Jun 17, 2020 at 6:39 am
Old Jun 17, 2020, 6:34 am

never mind 😂😂😁
Old Jun 20, 2020, 3:14 am

Programs: AY+
So if I understand this correctly, it's now possible to buy Economy Classic tickets to destinations like Japan that did not have Value before, and get 100% earnings?
Old Jul 21, 2020, 1:46 pm

Programs: AY
Not sure if this is the correct thread (maybe AY IT related issue?) but anyway on my recent trip I didn't get correct earnings from domestics legs. Transaction history showed only 100% earnings in economy flex (ticket class B). I had to contact CS and tell that I was expecting 150% earnings. Janica confirmed that I was right and speculated that this problem has something to do with the new ticket types. She promised to take care of the issue and within one day the earnings were corrected.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 1:59 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Enjoy_the_flight
Not sure if this is the correct thread (maybe AY IT related issue?) but anyway on my recent trip I didn't get correct earnings from domestics legs. Transaction history showed only 100% earnings in economy flex (ticket class B). I had to contact CS and tell that I was expecting 150% earnings. Janica confirmed that I was right and speculated that this problem has something to do with the new ticket types. She promised to take care of the issue and within one day the earnings were corrected.
Same here. I first thought it was because I changed my ticket from Y to J. Apparently it seems to be systematic.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 6:20 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I don't really agree with Finnair's usage of "flexible" in the new ticket types. Refund is now only 50% of fare and for cancellation after departure only 20%. The old fixed J ticket had 75% refund...

Old Apr 3, 2021, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY LUMO
Something new for me popped up. Never seen ticket type Economy Senior before:

And then when finishing this booking it goes to Economy Campaign Classic.

Well, the fare is for wealthy Seniors anyway.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 1:12 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Fixed it for you:

Well, the fare is for wealthyvaccinated Seniors anyway.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY LUMO
New ticket type Business Light (BLIGHT, booking codes J C D R I) is on sale from 15JUN21 on some Asian routes (excl Siberian (and Atlantic) cartel routes)
150% AY points accrual, no services, no priority. No affection on AY Plus benefits

Our Business Light ticket works best when the customer wants to travel comfortable and light, with carry-on baggage only. The Light ticket cannot be changed after booking nor can tickets be refunded. With the Light ticket, the customer enjoys the comfort and added personal space as well as the service of our Business Class cabin, without the priority services, wifi and lounge access included in other ticket types Classic and Flex. For a fee, checked baggage can be added and the ticket further tailored with all our available travel extras at any time.
Ticket type Business Flex is 250% AY points.

Lets wait now something official news.

Last edited by OH-LGG; Jun 11, 2021 at 1:25 am
Old Jun 11, 2021, 2:19 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Well, 150 % of course isn't good, but this does give status pax more value when travelling in J. You can book Light but still receive a seat assignment, free wifi and a piece of luggage + priority + lounge access.

The big question is, of course, what the price point is like. If Light costs the same as the cheapest J fare used to, then this is a turn for the worse.
intuition and Steve_Hun like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.