Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New AY ticket types from 31MAR20 . should we be worried ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AY ticket types from 31MAR20 . should we be worried ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2021, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I compared the b/p in the app and the one it moves to the “wallet” for non-elite member

in-app - business, 1 checked luggage, 2 hand luggage

wallet - business light, priority marking, “luggage allowance in your ticket” Ticket says “0 pc” even after upgrade

go figure…
Old Aug 19, 2021, 9:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Where can I find an overview of what is included with Blight ticket as OWE. (Non AY Plat)?
Old Aug 19, 2021, 9:45 am

Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I compared the b/p in the app and the one it moves to the wallet for non-elite member

in-app - business, 1 checked luggage, 2 hand luggage

wallet - business light, priority marking, luggage allowance in your ticket Ticket says 0 pc even after upgrade

go figure
Did a lounge invitation show up?

Originally Posted by florens
Where can I find an overview of what is included with Blight ticket as OWE. (Non AY Plat)?
https://www.finnair.com/us-en/finnair-ticket-types

Above is the full chart on what each ticket type includes. From what I can see you get basically all AY Plat perks except Wi-Fi.
florens likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Did a lounge invitation show up?

https://www.finnair.com/us-en/finnair-ticket-types

Above is the full chart on what each ticket type includes. From what I can see you get basically all AY Plat perks except Wi-Fi.
AY's local contract lounge is is still closed, so no (though other contract lounges are open, but who would even think of sending your biz/status pax there? Revolutionary idea, that one!)
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 11:06 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite
Yeah business upgrade is its own class. It does not just change the word economy to business. Economy Light does not become Business Light. For example it gives one extra piece of baggage so your allowance depends on your original ticket. If you had eco light you get now 1 free bag if you upgrade from classic you now get 2. Also it gives perks not included in blight.

https://www.finnair.com/fi-en/finnai...-class-upgrade

Are all benefits listed there? So upgrade does not give seat selection, prio boarding, prio baggage or wifi? Im pretty sure I had prio baggage last time i upgraded without status, but not sure. It is quite some time ago. Could have changed since too
Old Aug 19, 2021, 12:28 pm

Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by srieppo
Yeah business upgrade is its own class.
Quite vague details indeed.

Award tickets come with free seat selection in Y, so I would assume the same applies to J. I don't ever recall seat selection being mentioned on the upgrade page. IMO upgrades are treated similarly to awards in terms of perks given that both use U bucket. One notable difference is in case of rerouting on a different carrier you are subjected to coach if you upgraded whereas awards stay in J.
esledo likes this.

Last edited by miamiflyer8; Aug 19, 2021 at 8:35 pm Reason: wording
Old Aug 19, 2021, 10:15 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
AY's local contract lounge is is still closed, so no (though other contract lounges are open, but who would even think of sending your biz/status pax there? Revolutionary idea, that one!)
Good luck getting Topsukka and Oldsukka 😃 to part with ANY money ie pay for extra expenses or comforts for pax 😂 after all we are just a necessary evil of air travel 😃
Old Sep 6, 2021, 12:36 am

Question Business light vs ckassic question

Dear all,
Im not an AY expert at all, then sorry for my silly question.

As Im considering booking a business class ticket, I have a doubt: on my desired flights theres a 240 difference between business light & classic fares, where the only difference seems to be that with the latter 2 checked luggage are included.

If I select Light fare and then add the 2 luggages for 70 each though, theres still a 100 saving over Classic

Is there any other difference between the two fares that Im not spotting?

thanks
Old Sep 6, 2021, 1:08 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
See here!

https://www.finnair.com/en/finnair-ticket-types
Old Sep 6, 2021, 3:46 am

If you're too lazy to scroll down that page, business light means you give up advance seat selection, priority anything, lounge access and checked in bags.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 5:03 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
No one mentioned the reduced earnings? I had to check the ssl certificate because I was afraid I wasn't on FT anymore

Originally Posted by mpkz
If you're too lazy to scroll down that page, business light means you give up advance seat selection, priority anything, lounge access and checked in bags.
No ASR in classic anymore, so it isn't technically lost in comparison to classic
Old Sep 7, 2021, 9:43 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by bkm
Hi,

Incidentally, all my seats were allocated at booking for no charge despite the implication that I had to pay. I'm BAEC silver.

BKM
As BA silver you have Oneworld Sapphire, which lets you choose your seat in advance for no charge regardless of ticket type.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 1:32 am
bkm

Programs: BA LH AA
Srieppo,

Thanks, I thought that may have been the case but with all the changes I wasn't certain.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 1:37 am
bkm

Programs: BA LH AA
Hi,

I've been reading through this excellent thread and I'm wondering if someone could clarify something for me, as the more I read the more confused I became. That's my fault not yours.

I have a booking LHR>BKK>LHR ticketed for January 2022. Booked in R class way back in April, Business Campaign Classic.

The confirmation email contains the following text:

CHANGES (BEFORE / AFTER DEPARTURE) Yes - Until 7 days prior to departure otherwise 250 EUR
CANCELLATION (BEFORE / AFTER DEPARTURE) 75% refund before departure, no refund after departure

Changes, I assume, referes to the ' Book with Confidence ' policy.

However, what does cancellation actually mean, ie, if I cancel before departure (eg if Thailand isn't open) do I receive back 75% of the ticket cost? What if AY cancel the flight?

Sorry if I'm being stupid.

Thanks in advance

BKM
Old Sep 8, 2021, 2:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
If/When AY cancel a flight you can get a full refund.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.