Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New AY ticket types from 31MAR20 . should we be worried ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AY ticket types from 31MAR20 . should we be worried ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:10 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by kauppias
If you upgrade at the airport then NO extra bags and NO lounge etc I thought that was pretty weak too... I would bet less advance upgrade availability and more airport upgrade offers now on...
At least, I assume, this will mean that op-ups won't get as much for free as they used to.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:25 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I was amazed by this statement:
A Flex ticket bought after 15 June doesnt include airport priority services.
but it looks like a poorly written statement and that Business flex is not stripped of benefits too.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:28 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS) TK Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by Extra Mile
Which program would be the best after AY+? QR or BA? Or even *A?
Im thinking about the same thing, I guess it depends on where you you usually travel, if north america, I would go for BA. My travels usually go east which is why I went for AY+ in the first place years ago, now Im leaning towards QR even though TK might be an option aswell. But I like OneWorld and wish to stay within the alliance.
QR doesnt really offer more than AY when it comes to status based benefits but the onboard product, lounges and network is light years away from what AY is or will ever become.
I must say Im deeply disapointed with AY right now.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:32 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
If i understood correctly, this 150% point devaluation applies to the entire AYs network including SH. Tried to book HEL-AMS and BLIGHT shows 150% AY+ points, so now SH J tickets accumulates 6k basic points + of course status bonus. So we all just lost 25% AY+ future points.

And what this means for me? I used to prefer AY codes even it though it would be little more expensive because 200% points + status bonus. But now, this only makes BA, AA and IB even more attractive. Probably more of my money will go to them (+QR) in the future.
ffay005 likes this.

Last edited by Extra Mile; Jun 15, 2021 at 5:42 am
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Tuvv
I must say Im deeply disapointed with AY right now.
I'm dissapointed again with AY communications and this AY-Ole who thinks AY customers are blind idiots.

It's okey if AY is out of money and no income and must create new income but these Oles who explain hphp, they really make me sick.
ffay005, on22cz, aapee and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:39 am

Did Oneworld Explorer suddenly go up from 200% to 250%?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:53 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK *A Gold
I see no reason to stay with AY anymore. I also read on Facebook that vouchers wont be given anymore when renewing status.
I dont know if thats true but if it is....
I noticed the same thing.. Has anyone else heard something about this?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY LUMO
Maybe our AY rep could explain a bit these new great and awesome improvements.

And of course Ole can also explain why is He taking AY's business in the wrong direction.
Tuvv and Olperoo like this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 6:57 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Im a new user
Which ticket type will be shown if you book a codeshare flight operated by AY but marketed by some other airline?
Just rebooked my JL ticket and now I have some codeshare flights operated by AY - hopefully it is not under their awful Lite class when mapped.

In general, as many have mentioned here, what is AY thinking - not only in this time but anytime. Business-lite is not the same as Economy-lite - no matter how lite they want to make their tickets, there's still some standard to maintain when you buy a business class ticket.
Hopefully they get sufficient shoot-down from their flyers that they improve the perks with such ticket class. Again penny wise, pound foolish or rather euro-cent wise, euro foolish
Looks like the different OW members following each other - first with QR, now AY, next...?

Cheers!
Old Jun 15, 2021, 7:43 am

Programs: AY+
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Maybe our AY rep could explain a bit these new great and awesome improvements.

And of course Ole can also explain why is He taking AY's business in the wrong direction.
While at it, maybe the AY rep could also explain the other paramount, supreme, magical enchantment executed lately. By this I mean, what else than the thing we've all been waiting and asking for for ages and ages, and finally AY graciously granted our wish: the fact that classic tickets are no longer refundable for a reasonable (or any) fee.

I'm loving these enchantments by the way
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:05 am

Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I get not offering lounge access and and fast track, but not even priority check in FFS?! Go figure if OLCI doesn't work one is forced to stand in the Y line for their bp...
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:05 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I also read on Facebook that vouchers wont be given anymore when renewing status.
I dont know if thats true but if it is....
WHAT? If this is true, then big big big shame on AY.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:11 am
Company Representative, Finnair

Programs: Finnair +
Hi,
150% accrual applies only to Business Light. Business Classic and Business Flex have 200 and 250% accrual respectively. Tier benefits apply regardless of the Ticket Type, eg. F+ members traveling in Business Light are eligible for priority service and lounge access, when those are offered again.
Huge apologies for the confusing message.
Greetings
Ela

Last edited by FinnairPlus_Ela; Jun 15, 2021 at 8:37 am
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:14 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS) TK Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by ffay005
WHAT? If this is true, then big big big shame on AY.

apparently it is like this: if you get to a new tier, lets say from gold to plat, you will recieve the plat vouchers at once, but when your new year begins, you wont recieve another set as has been up until now. so basically the "bonus" set of vouchers one has gotten before are no more.
This is what I understood from a discussion on facebook in the comments under these "great news" about BLight tickets.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:19 am

Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
apparently it is like this: if you get to a new tier, lets say from gold to plat, you will recieve the plat vouchers at once, but when your new year begins, you wont recieve another set as has been up until now. so basically the "bonus" set of vouchers one has gotten before are no more.
This is what I understood from a discussion on facebook in the comments under these "great news" about BLight tickets.
Have those commenters given a source or is this all purely speculation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.