Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New AY ticket types from 31MAR20 . should we be worried ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AY ticket types from 31MAR20 . should we be worried ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2021, 1:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Extra Mile
Which destinations were affected by this ‘upgrade’? If i remember correctly, this doesn’t affect all AY’s LH destinations?
Without information about AY's future and destinations AY can operate, list for current routes affected is: BKK, ICN, PVG, HKG
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:02 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Which destinations were affected by this ‘upgrade’? If i remember correctly, this doesn’t affect all AY’s LH destinations?
These ticket types will basically extend to "all tickets on all routes", including corporate and negotiated (ie unpublished) fares.

As for NA and Japan routes (where cartel controls tickets) Finnair has said ticket types will "differ to some extent". They are said to be working on ticket type alignment with cartel but it is unclear what ticket types and benefits cartel will offer. Perhaps cartel is also moving towards unbundling of business fares.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:04 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Now it has been made official to customers
https://news.cision.com/finnair/r/fi...icket,c3367331
https://www.finnair.com/en/finnair-ticket-types

Finnair brings more choice to customers, introduces Business Light ticket

Finnair will introduce a totally new Business Light ticket and renew its other ticket types on 15 June, addressing the increasing trend for personalisation of the travel experience.

Customers can choose a ticket for their needs from three ticket types – Light, Classic and Flex – that are available for both Business and Economy Class for all short-haul and most intercontinental journeys. When booking a ticket, customers select the travel class experience they prefer and the level of flexibility for making reservation changes – along with some additional services included in the ticket. The rest of the experience can be tailored with a wide selection of travel extras.

“There is an increasing need to personalise the travel experience, and our new ticket types offer opportunities for choice and tailoring” says Ole Orvér, Chief Commercial Officer, Finnair. “We want to offer our customers journeys that look like them, and we will be adding more choice and personalisation opportunities to our offering as we re-introduce services and prepare for ramp-up of our operations.”

Business Light is a totally new ticket type designed especially for leisure travellers who want to travel light and affordably while enjoying Business Class comfort. Business Light includes carry-on baggage only. Reservation changes, refunds, airport priority services, lounge access and onboard internet are not included in the ticket price. Customers can always elevate their experience by choosing the travel extras that matter most for them.

The Classic ticket is the most popular option allowing ticket date changes and including one piece of checked baggage. With a Classic ticket bought on 15 June or later, customers can make travel date changes flexibly, paying only the possible fare difference between the original and new tickets. A refund is not possible in the case of a customer cancelling their reservation.

The Flex ticket is a fully flexible and refundable ticket option serving those whose plans can change. When changing travel dates with a Flex ticket, customers only pay the possible fare difference between the original and new tickets. In case a customer wants to cancel their trip, the ticket will be refunded. Flex tickets include checked baggage and advance seat reservation. A Flex ticket bought after 15 June doesn’t include airport priority services.

Customers who purchased their tickets before 15 June will travel with their original tickets and the benefits that were included with them. Due to the coronavirus situation, Finnair offers all customers with bookings made latest on 31 August 2021 extra flexibility for travel date changes.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:46 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
My BP today said Economy Light. I don't remember having seen the ticket type printed on the BP before.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:49 am
Moderator, Finnair

As of june 9, the ticket type will be stored in PNR and apparently visible in boarding pass.
The criteria to get benefits* which are usually tied to either a certain booking class or travel class is changing. Starting from the 9th of June, these booking class (RBD) or cabin class-based benefits will be recognized only from the ticket type. The ticket type, also known as a fare family code, is stored automatically in the PNR when a PNR is priced and no extra entries are required.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:49 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
It’s interesting to know, which gaterory future J upgrades will go to?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:56 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Looks like this just makes the decision to forgo LUMO so much easier

Back to the back of the bus I go on AY save some money and burn my points 😜

I honestly hope they have a crystal ball on this as I can see this having ALOT more negative results then driving business to AY!

I mean HOW many people want to pay 1600-2600€ for a no bag no priority business class experience without lounges either?

I sure as hell wouldn't 😂

As an elite in OW I assume those will be included but, the main DRAW as a AY+ elite to book AY flights was the 200% J now with 150% the difference is NOT that compelling, and I would likely choose on price... I will NOT pay 300-900€ more for classic to get 50% more 🤦

It just blows my mind that they think the timing is NOW! 😂😂😂😂😂
cistavoda, on22cz, Ukki and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:56 am

Interesting. With award ticket logic - > Classic.
But let's see.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:57 am
Moderator, Finnair

Category?
Yes, it is. There is a FAQ explaining that it will not be possible to upgrade ticket type (ie you cannot upgrade a classic to a flex) but that is about revenue tix.
There is also wording about type is retained when upgrading, ie a light is upgraded to a light in terms of changes and refunds.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 3:58 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
If you upgrade at the airport then NO extra bags and NO lounge etc I thought that was pretty weak too... I would bet less advance upgrade availability and more airport upgrade offers now on...
Old Jun 15, 2021, 4:27 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS) TK Elite (*G)
Does anybody know if QR does status mactched to AY??
I see no reason to stay with AY anymore. I also read on Facebook that vouchers won´t be given anymore when renewing status.
I don´t know if that´s true but if it is....
Old Jun 15, 2021, 4:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Lets see how they will tell this again positively and how customers wanted and needed this kind of ticket.
This Ole from Finnair is a funny man.

There is an increasing need to personalise the travel experience,
Absolutely everyone want less benefits, Ole knows this.

Business Light is a totally new ticket type designed especially for leisure travellers who want to travel light
What means "to travel light" ??? Pay more and get less? Where our funny man Ole finds these customers who want less ?

Why Ole forgets BLIGHT lowered mileage? Isnt that what customers demand..

This is again AY's 150% BS.
ffay005, Fims, intuition and 4 others like this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
I quickly checked the routes to BKK that I have flown Finnair with in the past from the UK in November. It seems it is exactly the same price (1650 GBP) as before but with no luggage, no lounge etc. very disappointing.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:04 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Which program would be the best after AY+? QR or BA? Or even *A?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by intuition
As of june 9, the ticket type will be stored in PNR and apparently visible in boarding pass.
Which ticket type will be shown if you book a codeshare flight operated by AY but marketed by some other airline?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.