Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Row 21 has quite good legroom. PVR is one of AY's charter-turned-scheduled destinations. If Aurinkomatkat continues to sell the destination, AY will continue their seasonal flights. You could also check www.aurinkomatkat.fi, they might sell the tickets cheaper (J included).
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: AY Gold
Finnair's tour operator Aurinkomatkat sell last minute flights to Puero Vallarta (and BKK SGN GOI etc), unfortunately their pages are only in Finnish. Right now they sell HEL-PVR flights for EUR 435, dates 10 Dec -24 Dec, also o/w flights available occasionally. You can buy an upgrade to PVR for EUR 350 o/w, though I was told the booking system doesn't always show all the free J seats, better call them.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Andaman
You can buy an upgrade to PVR for EUR 350 o/w,
For only tickets too? Price 350€ is valid if you buy A-M accommodation also.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: AY Gold
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
For only tickets too? Price 350€ is valid if you buy A-M accommodation also.
Yeah seems to be so, atleast you can't buy the upgrade for flights only through the online booking. I haven't call them though.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:00 pm

And Aurinkomatkat upgrade gets you J inventory and 200 % AY+ points, right?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: Cathay, BA, UA
Originally Posted by Jainzar
The "reduced" legroom comes from the wall in front of you. But since you anyway have an Economy Comfort seat with extra legroom and you are not really tall I would say that there is plenty of room.

If you have two separate AY tickets there should be the policy to check through your luggage. Someone else might have more experience with the exact rules.
Thank you.
I read the first row is 34'' leg room i will be fine. And it is a day flight. I check AY - AY should be okay for bag tags.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:19 pm

Programs: Cathay, BA, UA
Originally Posted by ffay005
Row 21 has quite good legroom. PVR is one of AY's charter-turned-scheduled destinations. If Aurinkomatkat continues to sell the destination, AY will continue their seasonal flights. You could also check www.aurinkomatkat.fi, they might sell the tickets cheaper (J included).
Originally Posted by Andaman
Finnair's tour operator Aurinkomatkat sell last minute flights to Puero Vallarta (and BKK SGN GOI etc), unfortunately their pages are only in Finnish. Right now they sell HEL-PVR flights for EUR 435, dates 10 Dec -24 Dec, also o/w flights available occasionally. You can buy an upgrade to PVR for EUR 350 o/w, though I was told the booking system doesn't always show all the free J seats, better call them.
Thank you. That is a very useful piece of information!
Hopefully they will keep the flight.

I read they have also HEL-HAV route, I guess it is also one of those chartered turn schedule flight too?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by diablo_josito
I read they have also HEL-HAV route, I guess it is also one of those chartered turn schedule flight too?
It is, yes. HAV is operated twice a week, though, and I would assume there are more independent travellers on these flights.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 10:09 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
AY allows 72h hold on certain conditions https://www.finnair.com/us/gb/hold-my-booking

Can I apply a gold C upgrade while on hold. For instance by calling or is that possible only after ticketing with e ticket number, and not with booking reference?
Old Dec 9, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by skaya
AY allows 72h hold on certain conditions https://www.finnair.com/us/gb/hold-my-booking

Can I apply a gold C upgrade while on hold. For instance by calling or is that possible only after ticketing with e ticket number, and not with booking reference?
At least when I book via an OTA it takes sometimes a few hours before I have my e-ticket but the booking is already in the AY app. I can in this case only upgrade after the OTA created the e-ticket.

I assume that this also applies for bookings using "hold my booking".
skaya likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by skaya

At least while ticket is on hold by TA, upgrade cannot be applied. Ticket must be properly issued before it can be upgraded.
skaya likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 6:58 am

I never tried it before, but is wifi on longhaul fast enough for spotify/netflix?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by casper79
I never tried it before, but is wifi on longhaul fast enough for spotify/netflix?
I wouldn't count on it, although the speed seems to vary tremendously. I think they have some blocks, too. Not sure which sites they block, but I'd guess Netflix would be one of them.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Overseas Corporate Customer and Disputes

Hi all, seeking assistance from here on a rather special, and so far hypothetical topic:

Now, we all now that if you're flying on a corporate rate, Finnair can IVDB/downgrade you pretty much as it wished, as the contract is with carrier and company -> case goes to Trafi and that's where it disappears. However, how is the jurisdiction of Trafi defined in these cases? Say I'm a corporate customer, but not in Finland. For example, I'm enrolled in the corporate program with a company incorporated in Hong Kong, and my flights originate from there. Would this make any difference at all? I.e. would I be able to dispute the case outside of Finland, if there is even such an entity. Any expert opinions on the topic?

With the current system, I can hardly ever use the corporate rates for business travel, in the fear of being the unlucky one off in overbooking situations. And in this regard, Finnair doesn't really give a crap about their FFs either.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
I know nothing of your actual question, but 99% of the times I fly corporate (90+ times per year). I've never been denied boarding, and I've often got a notification in the AY app about an overbooked flight (to BMA most times). Never been left stranded. I would be surprised if AY chooses to treat corporate, often high revenue/late bookers by systematically disregarding them and leaving them stranded because of legal aspects regarding who pays the bill. Curious to hear responses from those who know more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.