Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
In Oneworld, it is the marketing carrier that matters, always.

The operating carrier only matters insofar as there may be no earnings at all if it is not a member or affiliate of Oneworld.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
You should choose Finnair (codeshare) instead of Finnair from the drop-down menu, although I don't think it changes the result in this case.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Does anybody have suggestions what would be the easiest way to check Finnair's timetables to find the answer to e.g. the question, on which weekdays AY flies between HEL and LIS? Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by loimu
Does anybody have suggestions what would be the easiest way to check Finnair's timetables to find the answer to e.g. the question, on which weekdays AY flies between HEL and LIS? Thanks!

https://www.finnair.com/fi/fi/inform...ghts/timetable
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
When you fill in a date it will show the whole week direct flights (and also with possible connections)

https://www.finnair.com/gb/gb/inform...ghts/timetable
Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:22 am

Excellent, thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
From another thread:
Changing the four vouchers into an award flight for two people will require an availability of 2 in the X fare class, right?
How does this actually work? Does this mean I can change 2 SH/LH vouchers into a SH/LH award flight if there's X availability?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards

EUROPEAN FLIGHTS

You’ll get four one-way travel class upgrades, which you can use on any Finnair scheduled flights within Europe. If you wish, you can exchange the upgrades (all four of them) for a one-way intercontinental upgrade or a two-for-the-price-of-one Classic award flights in Economy Class. With this you can purchase award flights for two people from the Finnair Plus service centre but pay the point cost of an award flight for one person. Two-for-one Classic awards are only available for scheduled one-way and return flights operated by Finnair or Norra and must be purchased using points only. Finnair Plus Junior flight awards cannot be purchased as two-for-one Classic awards.
4SH =1LH up
4SH = 2for1 award flight within EU
You have to ring AY CS to exchange above.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:07 pm
R2

Originally Posted by Clydez
4SH = 2for1 award flight within EU
Not just within the EU, any AY operated flights including long-haul.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:16 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by R2
Are you sure, have you tested? I am 200% sure that this applied in the past only for EU flights, and it was mentioned at Finnair Plus pages, but now I went in to double-check and found this :

or a two-for-the-price-of-one Classic award flights in Economy Class. With this you can purchase award flights for two people from the Finnair Plus service centre but pay the point cost of an award flight for one person. Two-for-one Classic awards are only available for scheduled one-way and return flights operated by Finnair or Norra and must be purchased using points only.

i.e. it does not say anything about EU or longhaul flights. Now this benefit suddenly became very interesting for me.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:30 am

The benefit is under the headline European flights, though, which might be a problem in this case.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:54 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Nevertheless, there have been reports of using this on LH flights on the forum (recently).
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:56 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
Originally Posted by R2
Have you tried this with LH flights?

Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Clydez
Have you tried this with LH flights?

It has been reported here (not sure if it was in this thread or in the big upgrade thread) by at least two FT members that it works. Nevertheless there is no entitlement. Be happy if it works for you. Otherwise you can try again later or accept that life still goes on.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:22 am

I just called Finnair and they explained that the four vouchers can be used for payment for one person when booking intercontinental award flights for two people. In other words, for two people HEL-JFK-HEL you would use 4 Europe vouchers plus 125,000 points. This matches with what Clydez also just posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.