Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T3 Lounge options - opinions?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
I like No 1 lounge at Heathrow3. Buffet is poor but you can order nice food from menu. It's easy to visit BA First class lounge too, only less than minute walk from No 1 lounge.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:15 pm
haa

Programs: No more status, free agent now
Originally Posted by lkrt
Meaning no actual food. I consider the sandwich offerings from 3 to 6 pm very poor for a lounge of this size.
I consider the LHR T3 BA Galleries Business lounge to not have food before 6pm, just snacks. The "acceptable" buffet hot food comes out usually about 5 minutes before 6pm.

Here is my LHR T3 BA lounge food timing SOP:
  • 18:05/15 BA, no chance. Go to Yo Sushi first.
  • 18:40 BA can grab quick bite before going to gate. Consider going to Yo Sushi first.
  • 19:25/35 AY can eat OK without hurry.

I'm waiting for the LHR T3 CX lounge to re-open and hoping it will be at least as good as it was before — tasty dumpling soup etc. even in the business side.

PS. Yo Sushi is not cheap, but it is cheaper than MR to gain emerald again. The first class lounges were good #firstworldproblem.

PS2. They removed self-serve bubbly from the Galleries business side, but you can ask the staff and they will bring a glass. Of course it's sparkling wine not champagne, but works for me.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 4:34 pm

Programs: AY+, HH Gold
Looks like there will be a soft opening tomorrow (Monday):

Originally Posted by djsflynn
Confirming Monday Nov 28 for 'soft opening' ahead of an official ribbon-cutting on Dec 7.
(From here)
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:05 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
Yes, it is open. Looks nice, F-section dining menu looks very good indeed. Small self-service snacks available and a good drinks selection.
There are no signs out there for directions, just look for the Cathay-logo at I believe lounges B and take the lift to 2nd floor.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: Finnair plat
some photos
http://www.ausbt.com.au/photos-catha...eathrow-lounge
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:07 am
R2

I flew via Heathrow yesterday and had a chance to try out the new CX lounge. Similar in design to their new lounges in Asia, it is really nice and has a relaxed, cozy feel to it. Excellent service and food in the relatively small First dining room, great wines, Moet&Chandon champers, which I saw was also available in the Business side.

Lots of staff training going on. The lounge was nice and empty mid afternoon but I can imagine it getting busy later in the day and as the word spreads about how nice it is. Saw the Finnair sign at the entrance too so seems it will serve as the AY lounge again.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
How is the lounge on space compared to the old lounge? The few times I was there it seemed pretty cramped.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 1:34 am
R2

Originally Posted by mcgahat
How is the lounge on space compared to the old lounge? The few times I was there it seemed pretty cramped.
The First class lounge is about the same size as before whereas the Business side appears to have been expanded somewhat. But I'm sure it will become popular and busy simply because it's so nice compared to the other available oneworld lounges in T3 (or anywhere at LHR for that matter!).
Old Dec 2, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Let's see how the new Qantas lounge will compare to the new CX lounge..

OW access though is not mentioned in the QF press release, so wonder if they'll play nice, or will pull a QR @DOH trick out of their hats.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 5:35 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun

OW access though is not mentioned in the QF press release, so wonder if they'll play nice, or will pull a QR @DOH trick out of their hats.
Yup. I'm wondering this too.

Remember the excitement when the Al Safwa was supposed open and they promised OWE access but then reversed course
Old Dec 3, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Silver
I've got a lot of forthcoming business class flights with Finnair out of LHR. Am I allowed to use the Cathay Pacific lounge if I don't have any oneworld elite status?
Old Dec 3, 2016, 2:11 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Flyingboy200
I've got a lot of forthcoming business class flights with Finnair out of LHR. Am I allowed to use the Cathay Pacific lounge if I don't have any oneworld elite status?
Yes. Both according to the oneworld and Finnair policies. CX lounge is actually the one contracted for AY business class (or at least was before the closure).
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Yup. I'm wondering this too.

Remember the excitement when the Al Safwa was supposed open and they promised OWE access but then reversed course
I don't think there will be any issues with OWS/OWE access to the Qantas Lounge because:

1) They are a founding member of OW
2) No precedent set elsewhere (by QF), so why now
Old Dec 4, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by lkrt
Yes. Both according to the oneworld and Finnair policies. CX lounge is actually the one contracted for AY business class (or at least was before the closure).
Yes, at least the Finnair signs are again outside the lounge. Btw - the new lounge is quite nice indeed.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 2:37 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
I sampled the CX first lounge last Thursday afternoon waiting for AY 16:10 flight to Helsinki. No congestion. Very courteous staff. Delivered drinks to the lounge chairs facing the tarmac in east. Substantial food offerings only in the restaurant area served to tables. Maybe later also a buffet available. Serene atmosphere and this will be my favourite over the BA:s First (indifferent staff, worn out furniture, filthy toilets falling apart... compared to CX) in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.