Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T3 Lounge options - opinions?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2016, 12:37 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Visited CX F lounge twice last week, once for breakfast/brunch, once for late lunch. Very happy with the food offerings in the restaurant, very nice eggs benedict and the beef fillet with the schezuan sauce. Friendly service and a lot of staff in the lounge.

Two different kinds of champagne, both regular Moet and Barons de Rothschild, preferred the Barons myself. The only small details that should be fixed were that the self-service champagne in the lounge wasn't chilled properly, and that there was no ice available for drinks in the lounge either.

Definitely the best F lounge in T3, and as OWS, when not travelling in F will also frequent the CX J-lounge as it's supposed to be excellent too.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 2:00 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Visited the CX First lounge yesterday. Got to agree, very good service and a nice lunch. Easily beats the BA lounge.

There was ice available for drinks, at least yesterday.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:45 am

Programs: AY+, HH Gold
I'm flying from LHR to HEL tomorrow, and just completed my check in. I was surprised to see No1 lounge invitation on the boarding pass.

Didn't someone say that the Finnair logo is displayed somewhere in/near the lounge? So maybe they have not updated their systems for the new lounge?

I got an upgrade for my ticket, and I can't get access with FF status. So I hope they still let me in with a OW business class ticket!
Old Dec 23, 2016, 3:08 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Eyrie
I got an upgrade for my ticket, and I can't get access with FF status. So I hope they still let me in with a OW business class ticket!
They should let you in!

I guess AY might have a contract with No 1 lounge still and that's why they haven't changed the lounge invitation (yet).
Old Dec 23, 2016, 3:55 am

yes - the finnair logo was already there. strange that you still would get no1 invitation, my passbook boarding pass had the CX invite already on sunday.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by aapee
my passbook boarding pass had the CX invite already on sunday.
Was it for the CX First lounge or just CX lounge?
Old Dec 23, 2016, 4:19 am

yes - the finnair logo was already there. strange that you still would get no1 invitation, my passbook boarding pass had the CX invite already on sunday.
Hmm, interesting. I guess we'll see tomorrow! I might ask the staff at baggage drop about this.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 4:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Eyrie
I might ask the staff at baggage drop about this.
I wouldn't bother. Just head to the CX J lounge. You will be allowed in, oneworld J will get you access to any oneworld J lounge in T3 (AA, BA, CX).
Old Dec 23, 2016, 5:59 am

Programs: BA G; AY Basic; HHonors G; Marriott S
CX is easily best T3 (whole LHR) lounge. Excellent food served to table & drinks. The J side also looked spacious & nice. For J also best choice.

Long live long layovers in T3 !!!
Old Dec 23, 2016, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by lkrt
Was it for the CX First lounge or just CX lounge?
CX First, though it wasn't mentioned in the invite. They did check the status before guiding me to the First lounge

edit: hmm.. reading that again, not sure if "lounge 1" refers to the first lounge
Attached Images  

Last edited by aapee; Dec 24, 2016 at 3:19 am
Old Dec 24, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
CX First, though it wasn't mentioned in the invite. They did check the status before guiding me to the First lounge

edit: hmm.. reading that again, not sure if "lounge 1" refers to the first lounge
Case in point since you're OWE you have access to the F lounge regardless of the text printed on the invitation.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 12:45 pm

Ended up going to the CX lounge, and no issues at the desk there. Curiously, the baggage drop person did not mention the lounge at all, she just pointed me to the priority security.

Anyway, the (business) lounge was really nice! Definitely a huge improvement from the old one, and the breakfast selection had a good range from healthier yogurts and granolas to eggs and sausages.

The only annoying thing was the coffee machine - you have to be quick to remove the cup because it does some sort of automatic clean after each brew, and my first cup ended up being filled with the cleaning water X)
Old Dec 26, 2016, 4:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Flying with Finnair later this week, so looking forward to using CX First lounge instead of 1st & BA. Hearing lots of good feedback about CX First lounge.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Tried out the Cathay First lounge today. The dinner menu was high-quality, and the food was delicious.

Interesting detail: my boarding pass welcomed me to the CX First lounge, whereas my travel companion, on gifted AY Gold, had No 1. lounge on hers. Not even the CX business lounge. Weird.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by CeruleanBlue
Interesting detail: my boarding pass welcomed me to the CX First lounge, whereas my travel companion, on gifted AY Gold, had No 1. lounge on hers. Not even the CX business lounge. Weird.
Yep, same thing in the DO: plats invited to CX F, golds to No. 1. I'm flying LHR-HEL tomorrow and am invited to No. 1 again. I wonder if they still have the contract with No. 1 or if they haven't updated the invitation for golds. We'll see tomorrow. (I assume you didn't go to No. 1 too?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.