Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T3 Lounge options - opinions?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I understand the "no towel" part and I think it would add a certain buzz to the main lounge, but you lost me right after that with the hair straigthening bit
Get your mind out of the gutter and you will understand.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
As noted on the CX board it now seems to be end of September for the CX lounge reopening http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27160803-post137.html
Booh, I was looking forward to it, flying through T3 in two weeks. Oh well, as long as it's open for the January DO!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 1:12 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jmmi
Booh, I was looking forward to it, flying through T3 in two weeks. Oh well, as long as it's open for the January DO!
I am next passing through T3 at the end of October. I thought it was far enough past the original target date that it would be open by then, but with all these delays I am getting concerned!
Old Sep 7, 2016, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
I am next passing through T3 at the end of October. I thought it was far enough past the original target date that it would be open by then, but with all these delays I am getting concerned!
Just booked Budapest for Nov so will keep fingers crossed...
Old Oct 3, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: AY Platinum (oneworld Emerald), Bonvoy/Radisson/Hilton Gold
I went to T3 yesterday, Sun Oct 2nd. The Cathay lounge is still not open despite it was supposed to open in Sep... (I was happy with the Indian food and champagne at Galleries First, though.)
Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
I believe the opening date has been postponed to late October, with a possibility of further delays.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Silver
Hi, Quick question. I currently don't have any status with oneworld though will regain BA EC Bronze followed by Silver in a few months. I have a few flights in Finnair Business class coming up over the next few months. What lounge at LHR T3 am I entitled to use as a Non Elite Business class traveller on Finnair?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingboy200
Hi, Quick question. I currently don't have any status with oneworld though will regain BA EC Bronze followed by Silver in a few months. I have a few flights in Finnair Business class coming up over the next few months. What lounge at LHR T3 am I entitled to use as a Non Elite Business class traveller on Finnair?
BA or AA J lounges, and CX J lounge once it reopens.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 4:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Silver
Thanks Karfa. That's really helpful
Old Nov 21, 2016, 11:54 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Flyingboy200
BA, AA, CX J lounges if they know the rules, but technically Finnair wants you to go to the No 1 traveller lounge (which is probably a better choice than AA or BA lounges).
Old Nov 22, 2016, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by lkrt
BA, AA, CX J lounges if they know the rules, but technically Finnair wants you to go to the No 1 traveller lounge (which is probably a better choice than AA or BA lounges).
Access is based on standard oneworld rules. BA or AA lounge agents not knowing this one would be surprising.

Good point on No 1 lounge. As a AY customer you can use that too.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:25 am

Hi,

A quick follow up question, there is a lot of people recommending the No1 Traveller lounger over BA J Lounge in Terminal 3 (I had enough of AA after US travels). Are there any particular benefits, I only used No1 at Gatwick and it was always crowded place to be with food to order which when I am in hurry never worked for me tbh.

I am travelling on AY in 2 weeks in J and I am not interested in running around between lounges, so any help appreciated.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by marine1988
Hi,

A quick follow up question, there is a lot of people recommending the No1 Traveller lounger over BA J Lounge in Terminal 3 (I had enough of AA after US travels). Are there any particular benefits, I only used No1 at Gatwick and it was always crowded place to be with food to order which when I am in hurry never worked for me tbh.

I am travelling on AY in 2 weeks in J and I am not interested in running around between lounges, so any help appreciated.
Definitely if you don't have an Emerald card, then No 1 Traveller should be your first choice. I've heard bad about the LGW No1 as well, so I suppose it's worse there, but the LHR T3 No 1 is pretty good. There's a small cold food buffet and you can also order some dishes. In my opinion it's a lot better than the BA J lounge which has no food at all at certain times...
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by lkrt
the BA J lounge which has no food at all at certain times...
That isn't correct. Some details of the BA GC offerings in post #1 here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...d-options.html
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:54 am

That isn't correct. Some details of the BA GC offerings in post #1 here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...d-options.html
Meaning no actual food. I consider the sandwich offerings from 3 to 6 pm very poor for a lounge of this size.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.