Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T3 Lounge options - opinions?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2016, 2:07 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
+1 - the QF lounge is always a good return to "European" food (I use the adjective extremely lose here :-)) after some time in Asia.
+1. Spacious, quite good selection of foods and drinks. Friendly staff. Good showers. The only major drawback is the bubbles they serve: it is just bad.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by intuition
QF.
It is not cosy, but a lot of space, great wine and rustic food. If you understand "meat and three weggies" QF hands down.
I hope so http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=weggie
Old Mar 19, 2016, 6:20 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Oops...
Old Mar 19, 2016, 10:47 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Sorry for high jacking the thread with a somewhat OT question.

Was looking at the Singapore forum to try to find information about the lounges in SIN, but the discussion over there is all about *A lounges, and nothing about the two OW one. Which one of the lounges would you guys use in SIN: the BA, the QF or the CX contracted Dnata Skyview one? I'm a OWS, so the F section of the BA lounge does not make any difference in the decision.

Would appreciate any personal opinion / experience on the topic.
I was in the BA lounge a few days ago. Their food service is a bit weak early on, but the lounge itself is much nicer now after the renovations. CC bar was disappointing.

QF lounge is very solid. Looking forward to seeing QF SYD lounge tomorrow
Old Mar 20, 2016, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by remymartin
QF lounge is very solid. Looking forward to seeing QF SYD lounge tomorrow
The QF F-lounge in Sydney is up there with the best of them - enjoy!
Old Mar 23, 2016, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by temppa
Lets see if this new QF lounge will be available for other Oneworld tier members as well
Yes it will be.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
Currently seated in BA GF. A long while since I was here (at least a year and a half), but it looks the same. Food is average, but there are edible options that will fill you up. The Tattinger is tasty, and the cheese is good!

Not bothered with the AA lounge yet, but recall having made ventures in there before
Old Mar 23, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
For me the ambience of openness, brightness and windows are important as of relaxation in lounge, notwithstanding good food/drink options. In that terms the CX F lounge was just great whereas the AA T3 Flagship was a depressive experience when I entered there 1st time a month ago.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I was in T3 GF yesterday. I was well knackered, but did note the Elemis spa seems to have been reopened!
Old Mar 24, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Was in the BA Galleries Club lounge in T3 on Sunday for a couple of hours, waiting for my CX connection... Not having experienced the AA Admirals club at LHR yet (but have visited a few of those in the States so I'd have very low expectations), it looks like the current OW lounge offering for OWS members is just plain bad... Desperately need the CX lounge to reopen.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Desperately need the CX lounge to reopen.
Yep, cannot agree more. I was at Galleries First yesterday and have to say I was really disappointed. The lounge is quite big, but seemed dated and decorated with bad British taste. There is also good British taste, but this lounge doesn't represent that. Taittinger was good, 3 different champers to choose from. Food offerings good in quantity, including some items to be ordered, but was not impressed by taste. Ordered a hamburger and I could make better myself any day. Desperately need the CX lounge to reopen.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 8:45 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
Yep, cannot agree more. I was at Galleries First yesterday and have to say I was really disappointed. The lounge is quite big, but seemed dated and decorated with bad British taste. There is also good British taste, but this lounge doesn't represent that. Taittinger was good, 3 different champers to choose from. Food offerings good in quantity, including some items to be ordered, but was not impressed by taste. Ordered a hamburger and I could make better myself any day. Desperately need the CX lounge to reopen.
You do know that that hamburger has practically a thread of its own over at BA forum?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by SPBanker
You do know that that hamburger has practically a thread of its own over at BA forum?
Really? I honestly think it doesn't deserve that but more like being forgotten!
Old Mar 29, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Really? I honestly think it doesn't deserve that but more like being forgotten!
The thread is about how bad it is
Old Mar 30, 2016, 2:06 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
+1. Spacious, quite good selection of foods and drinks. Friendly staff. Good showers. The only major drawback is the bubbles they serve: it is just bad.
So following the suggestions I've received here, visited the QF lounge in SIN. Exactly as said here it is not "cosy", but the food was one of the best I ever had in a lounge!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.