Search

LHR T3 Lounge options - opinions?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 6:39 am
Suspended

Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
The AA Flagship closes pretty early though (4ish IIRC)
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Borrowing the thread: Can I use any OneWorld lounge in FRA as OWE? If so, which one would be better in T2: Cathay First/Business or JAL First? I assume both would be better than Air France lounge Finnair uses..?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
While I have not checked, I would expect that you cannot use JL or CX lounges before an intra-Schengen flight.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Courmisch
While I have not checked, I would expect that you cannot use JL or CX lounges before an intra-Schengen flights.
Could be.. But could they overrule the OW statement; "Emerald tier frequent flyers can use First Class, Business Class or frequent flyer lounges."? I'll try tomorrow and post back.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Unsub
Could be.. But could they overrule the OW statement; "Emerald tier frequent flyers can use First Class, Business Class or frequent flyer lounges."? I'll try tomorrow and post back.
I agree with Courmisch, that you problem would not be with the lounge staff, but more with the immigration officers to get from Schengen to non-Schengen area of the terminal.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
I agree with Courmisch, that you problem would not be with the lounge staff, but more with the immigration officers to get from Schengen to non-Schengen area of the terminal.
I was once allowed to go to non-Schengen airside in FRA to visit the Diners lounge. The immigation officer was just worried that I have enough time for the visit.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Hartsa
I was once allowed to go to non-Schengen airside in FRA to visit the Diners lounge. The immigation officer was just worried that I have enough time for the visit.
In that case... All you need is a valid travel document
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by batteryboy_uk
Hi All, I'm off to SIN via HEL (there is a joke in there somewhere!) next week...
Truly the route to perdition! Going from what most posters write on the AA forum, they diss the Admirals Club with the Flagship Lounge slightly better (and you've got OWEmerald to get into that section). I've got three connections through T3 between AY and BA/QF so will be checking these lounges out myself this month.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
In that case... All you need is a valid travel document
There are three problems. One is to cross the outer Schengen border, which will require negotiation with the border guards, unless you find an active automated gate and have a qualifying biometric passport.

Another one is to convince the lounge staff to let you in a non-Schengen before a Schengen flight - regardless of Oneworld rules, this is considered risky and the staff will likely try to discourage you.

The last potential issue are the opening hours.

tl;dr: I would stick to a Schengen side lounge.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 12:42 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
It's been a while I was last in FRA on a non-Schengen flight. While the JL lounge is nice, I wouldn't want to have a discussion with border control in Krautland! Thus, I agree with Courmisch.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, TKM&S Elite
So I went with the Galleries First (good as always, and not very busy) but when my flight was delayed to HEL (a rather alarming moment as I was on a 50min connection and it was delayed 30mins, and actually left 50mins late...but strong tailwinds and we made all but 8mins up!) I took the chance to pop into the No1 Lounge. I did chuckle, at the desk they were fairly brusk with people and when I handed over my boarding pass the lady grabbed a walkie talkie to call someone, saying urgently "we've got an Emerald". Someone promptly appeared, asked me to follow them to the VIP area, and took me to a roped off "snug" where I was the only passenger. I did sit there thinking it was ironic I was in a pay lounge, and I was getting more VIP treatment than I've ever had flying in my life.

I'm now in SIN waiting for my flight home, and didn't give the DNATA lounge a second thought...I do like the new BA lounge here in SIN to relax in before my 17hr journey home!
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:45 am

You should've gone to the QF lounge in SIN....
Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by Unsub
Borrowing the thread: Can I use any OneWorld lounge in FRA as OWE? If so, which one would be better in T2: Cathay First/Business or JAL First? I assume both would be better than Air France lounge Finnair uses..?
Neither non-Schengen lounge offers anything that special, the best part of the CX space are the three showers and the highlight of the JL lounge the steamed Frankfurter sausages.

Stick to the perfectly adequate AF lounge and save yourself unnecessary effort and possibly denied entry to the non-Schengen area.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by mosburger
JL lounge the steamed Frankfurter sausages.
Nope! It's the heated Totos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.