Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T3 Lounge options - opinions?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
Last week the Finnair logo was not anymore outside of No 1.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by jouhka
CX is easily best T3 (whole LHR) lounge. Excellent food served to table & drinks. The J side also looked spacious & nice. For J also best choice.
I was there today with +1. Her comment: best lounge ever! And we were only in the J side.

It was very calm at CX lounge in the morning with around 4 customers at 8 a.m.

Lounge invitation was to the No.1 lounge, but no thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:28 am

Reporting live from LHR: I got into the No. 1 lounge. Now that this mystery is solved, I can get out and go to CX.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:28 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
Visited first time at new Cathay Pacific lounge last friday, here is video about it
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7-w8yvjXOo
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by finnishlad
Visited first time at new Cathay Pacific lounge last friday, here is video about it
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7-w8yvjXOo
Thanks for sharing, I enjoy watching your channel even if almost all of it is HEL-LHR and HEL-BKK.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
Cathay lounge at Heatrow

I visited last week at Cathay lounge at Heathrow and it is really relaxing place.
Here is short video
Old Mar 25, 2017, 4:31 am

Programs: AY+ Plat Basic
Visited the CX lounge at LHR T3 a few days ago, some data points:

* BA code, operated by AY (350!), in business as AY+ Gold
* Boarding passes, both mobile and print, still displayed the invitation to No. 1 (which I didn't try)
* The display outside the lounge elevators displayed the logos CX and AY as briefly seen in the video above my post (made me feel welcome, there was something about seeing just two airlines and not a huge list as is often the case)
* Was very impressed, and that's by the "Business" section alone. I hope to get to try the "First" section some day (not out of the question, will reach Plat soon)
* Just by eyeballing the occupancy, I'd say it was at or below 25% around 10AM.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:20 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by ottersmacker
* BA code, operated by AY (350!), in business as AY+ Gold
* Was very impressed, and that's by the "Business" section alone. I hope to get to try the "First" section some day (not out of the question, will reach Plat soon)
Used to be that AY Golds got into first class section there. Has it changed to Plats only?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: AY+ Plat Basic
Originally Posted by TTL
Used to be that AY Golds got into first class section there. Has it changed to Plats only?
That's a good question, I didn't ask about the First section - after my BP was scanned and handed back to me, I was very pleasantly shown to go "that way" (i.e. into business, not first) and that's what I did.

Other factors at play here (I'm not sure whether they'd have any effect on this) might be the BA codeshare, and the fact that it was a shorthaul flight (LHR-HEL) - but I'm sure someone on FT will know exactly what's going on.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:44 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by ottersmacker
Other factors at play here (I'm not sure whether they'd have any effect on this) might be the BA codeshare, and the fact that it was a shorthaul flight (LHR-HEL) - but I'm sure someone on FT will know exactly what's going on.
That may be the key issue in deciding the lounging level?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Am I missing the point here? When did OWS ever provide entry in to the CX F lounge regardless of what oneworld carrier booked on?

TTL what is the relevance of the codeshare part you highlighted? I can't see there would have been any difference booked under the AY prime number, or indeed on any other oneworld flight number from T3.

Last edited by KARFA; Mar 26, 2017 at 3:06 am
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:03 am
TTL

Originally Posted by KARFA
TTL what is the relevance of the codeshare part you highlighted? I can't see there would have been any difference booked under the AY prime number, or indeed on any other oneworld flight number from T3.
AY Golds with AY marketed ticket used to get to CX first class lounge in LHR T3. Donīt know if that is still the case.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by TTL
AY Golds with AY marketed ticket used to get to CX first class lounge in LHR T3. Donīt know if that is still the case.
It most certainly is not the case anymore.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:23 am
TTL

Originally Posted by jmmi
It most certainly is not the case anymore.
Which is good, which is tremendous, and which is unbelievable easing up congestion.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I was at the CX T3 lounge yesterday and I am here again now, hands down the best lounge in T3 and in my opinion LHR

I have not viited the J side I should go take a peek.

Ala carte menu fantastic

Showers clean and well appointed

Staff super even when busy

Good beer selection and decent bar

I think the old contract with CX and AY gave the F access to AY golds flying AY, not sure what the deal is I suppose I COULD ask since I am here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.