Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:09 am

Programs: AY
Originally Posted by Furry
Does someone know what is happening in DUS area on week starting 16 Oct.. Almost all flights from HEL sold out / only super expensive Y/B/H available for most. And what would be the best alternative option to fly, FRA? Or are there any direct train services from AMS or BRU for example.
It seems that there is an A+A trade fair
My experiences from FRA to Köln is that usually its about 50 eur one way if you book the fast ICE train and it took about an hour. From Köln it takes about 35min to get to DUS. And it cost about 12 euros
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:38 am

HELsinki, Espoo and Vantaa are having a syysloma/vacation week in schools. That´s why there´s not a single seat to sell to many destinations in the Mediterranean. We are flying to FCO and it´s completely sold out on some flights. Also LHR, CDG etc are very full during the start and end weekends.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:36 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I did a search and found out that we don't have a separate thread about the corporate program (FCP) and even very few mentions of it. I know only of a few here that are enrolled in it and I guess not enough happens in it for it to be a frequent topic on FT...

Anyway, I've learned that they are considering a revamp of it and if plans come true there might be some interesting things coming out for those of you who are in a business not big enough for a stand-alone corporate contract.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
HELsinki, Espoo and Vantaa are having a syysloma/vacation week in schools. That´s why there´s not a single seat to sell to many destinations in the Mediterranean. We are flying to FCO and it´s completely sold out on some flights. Also LHR, CDG etc are very full during the start and end weekends.
+1. I can advice not to waste time finding destinations with points awards if someone has the same idea I had. I looked for all sunny destinations with points and found nada in europe nor dubai. Same on SK if someone tries that too.
So we will spend our autumn break in cold Finland
Old Sep 27, 2017, 12:42 pm

Anyone else got an invite for TK höpöhöpö on 9th November at HEL vip? Just thinking if joining.

PS. Sorry for the dark side höpö but nowhere else to ask
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Nope, even though I'm TK Gold and actually renewed my Gold by flying them...
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:39 pm

Programs: AY+Plat
How was the invitation sent ? I got renewed gold card this week in big package but threw away the papers without reading.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:07 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Nope, even though I'm TK Gold and actually renewed my Gold by flying them...
Me neither. And ditto.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by FFlash
Anyone else got an invite for TK höpöhöpö on 9th November at HEL vip? Just thinking if joining.

PS. Sorry for the dark side höpö but nowhere else to ask
Yup! Thanks for reminding me to rsvp.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by lento
How was the invitation sent ? I got renewed gold card this week in big package but threw away the papers without reading.
I don't remember if it was an email or postmail, but I got a reminder email from them.
Duvin, I reg'd myself, maybe see you there?

BTW I am E+ if that matters
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:21 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Looking to partner up with BA?!

Does anyone have access to arvopaperi and perhaps can debunk that preamble? I assume he is referring to the size of BA, not the actual BA as a new owner? Can't possibly see what good could come out of that.

https://www.arvopaperi.fi/kaikki_uut...-yhtio-6679420
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by intuition
Does anyone have access to arvopaperi and perhaps can debunk that preamble? I assume he is referring to the size of BA, not the actual BA as a new owner? Can't possibly see what good could come out of that.

https://www.arvopaperi.fi/kaikki_uut...-yhtio-6679420
No new owner coming, Finnair is unfortunately part of politicians dirty and disgusting game.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 2:39 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Ey, with a tripling of value in 9 months you should be happy as taxpayer! Your value (per capita) from the dirty game is around 200€ now, instead of 65€ a year ago!
cistavoda likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Ey, with a tripling of value in 9 months you should be happy as taxpayer! Your value (per capita) from the dirty game is around 200€ now, instead of 65€ a year ago!
I cant see how increased value in stock market is making us Finnish taxpayers happy.
First I want to see happy taxpayer from Finland.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
That only really has a point if the Finnish government plans to cash in on the gain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.