Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: AY Gold
Originally Posted by mhle

So based on inflight experience, I do select Finnair for short haul for the reasons listed above, if both have comparable schedules and prices.
An interesting post, thanks. How about comparing the LH products, any experiences? SK's new J cabin looks good but the reviews seem kind of mixed.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Andaman
An interesting post, thanks. How about comparing the LH products, any experiences? SK's new J cabin looks good but the reviews seem kind of mixed.
The hardware on SK is excellent, in my view second only to the Apex suites. Though admittedly I have not tried the Qsuites and the new Delta One suite. Better than the AY A350, and far far better than the A330.

The soft product is more an open discussion point in my view, and there are plusses and minuses on both sides. I don't have a strong preference towards the one or the other.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:49 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by kauppias
I can often get SK plus for the price of AY Y-
Yes, this was true also in this case. I booked the ticket only 1 week in advance and HEL-CPH-EUR-ARN-HEL was "only" 350€ in Plus (it was actually cheaper in Plus than in Go for some reason) whereas AY flights for those dates were full and only Pro could be bought with Plat seat guarantee for about ~1000€ IIRC.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Andaman
I like the space in SK J but the nee balloon seats (filled with air) are NOT my cup of tea to say the least!
I have had several instances where they were allready deflated or deflated enroute sometimes they can fix them sometimes they cant but it makes for a very uncomfortable ride!

I guess fewer lounge visits is the key

I do like The plus cabin on SK and I am there more often These days! Service is hit and miss in my opinion, the swedish and norwegian based crews have been best for me while the DK based have been less then stellar so far with a few exceptions but this is VERY subjective for sure.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Furry
Yes, this was true also in this case. I booked the ticket only 1 week in advance and HEL-CPH-EUR-ARN-HEL was "only" 350€ in Plus (it was actually cheaper in Plus than in Go for some reason) whereas AY flights for those dates were full and only Pro could be bought with Plat seat guarantee for about ~1000€ IIRC.
If AY would offer reasonable J prices perhaps I would do more AY flights but as it is I just go with SK... And now I try to book non CRJ flights too 🙄😎
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I do like The plus cabin on SK and I am there more often
I flew only once in plus (CPH-EWR), was very happy with the product.

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Oct 20, 2017 at 10:07 am
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I flew only once in plus (CPH-EWR), was very happy with the product.
I am quite happy with Plus and as EBD I wont mind GO exit row so much either. But I feel PLUS is very good value for comfort AND earning points on SK as well as A3 that is why I decided to switch over ALOT of my oneworld business. Economy just is not easy for collecting miles on OW and ba's WTP is just not that great... To be fair I have NOT tested AA or IBs Prem Eco yet.

I am looking at USA trips for next year and it is looking more likely SK it is looking at schedules and pricing. AY just does NOT come close
Old Oct 23, 2017, 1:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I like the space in SK J but the nee balloon seats (filled with air) are NOT my cup of tea to say the least!
Nearly all C seats out there use air filled cushions to save weight.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Nearly all C seats out there use air filled cushions to save weight.
I was NOT aware of that even though I fly too much then I have just had really bad luck since ive only had deflated on SK
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:56 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I was NOT aware of that even though I fly too much then I have just had really bad luck since ive only had deflated on SK
I think the SK seats (Thompson Aero Vantage XL?) has air filled cushions in quite a different way, that I haven't experienced in any other seat. I don't know to what extent others use air in seats, but the SK seats use it for like 90% of the padding. It is so dominant they need a system to automatically adjust inflation depending on altitude. And like you say, when they are 100% deflated, comfort is like a sleeping mat. When there is no air, the padding is almost non-existent.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by intuition
I think the SK seats (Thompson Aero Vantage XL?) has air filled cushions in quite a different way, that I haven't experienced in any other seat. I don't know to what extent others use air in seats, but the SK seats use it for like 90% of the padding. It is so dominant they need a system to automatically adjust inflation depending on altitude. And like you say, when they are 100% deflated, comfort is like a sleeping mat. When there is no air, the padding is almost non-existent.
When theyre all deflated it feels like a steelrod is under you very uncomfortable. I can concede I have just had really bad luck with them since I am sure they would have replaced the seats if everyone experienced what I had
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:28 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Is it just in my head or is anyone else noticing a pattern where the coffee they serve with breakfast is better than the refill? It's like they brew one batch properly and then use instant if someone orders more later. I could be imagining things...
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Is there any logic in how AY+ is crediting points for intra EU flights that are marketed by other ow airlines, but operated by AY?

On my recent MR/ mass tourism trip, the first and last leg of a CX issued and marketed ticket was operated by AY. For the HEL-AMS leg I've received 2K tier points (like if it would be a value ticket, minus the status multiplier), while for the LHR-HEL leg 1826 (which is what the calculator also says).

I've had the same a few years back on a AB (RIP) marketed, AY operated flight from HEL to HAM and back, when for both of those flights I've received 2K points each.

Not that I'm complaining, as I've gotten this way a few points "extra", just trying to understand the logic... (if there is one)
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:32 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Jumped out of AB ship in right time and made it to AY Gold with just one month left in tracking period. As I do not have any planned AY flights ( I usually don't buy flights in advance), my problem is what to do with first 4 upgrade coupons. Is there any way to extend their validity or any other options ?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:37 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by lento
Jumped out of AB ship in right time and made it to AY Gold with just one month left in tracking period. As I do not have any planned AY flights ( I usually don't buy flights in advance), my problem is what to do with first 4 upgrade coupons. Is there any way to extend their validity or any other options ?
No, you will get new ones once your new tracking period stars.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.