Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by intuition
How is that counted? Is "80 overflights" to be understood as 160 passages ie 80 r/t?
I count to 63 weekly returns right now (and 3 more when HKG has second service), so it roughly allows for just 2 new daily destinations
I counted 70 departures from HEL

ICN 7
PEK 7
CKG 4
PVG 7
XIY 3
CAN 4
HKG 10
NRT 11
KIX 7
NGO 7
FUK 3
Old May 27, 2017, 1:24 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yeah, i didnt count the extra 4 NRT in summer either.
If all these destinations need the overflight rights (does HKG need it?) then the increase in rights still only allows for one new daily.
OTOH AY has often started new destinations with just 3-4 weekly so is that what we are getting? 3 weekly to CTS, 4 weekly to PUS?!

That second article mentions schedules will start with summer 2018 schedule. So what will planes do this autum? Increase frequency on some existing routes? Make some seasonal routes becomes year-round?
Old May 27, 2017, 1:28 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Also, article mentioning that of current 74 overflight rights, some were cargo rights, temporarily converted to passenger flight rights. So are they lost in the new deal?
Old May 27, 2017, 1:44 am

So what will planes do this autum? Increase frequency on some existing routes? Make some seasonal routes becomes year-round?
If we look autumn 09-12/2017 movements are:

SFO -3
ORD -5
CKG -1
XIY -3
CAN -4
KIX -2
NGO -2
FUK -3

Total -23

MIA +3
BKK +9
HKT +3
KBV +3
SGN +1
PVR +1
POP +1
HAV +2
DEL +3
GOI +2

Total +28
Old May 27, 2017, 1:57 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

At the same time 3 airframes (ie 21 new weekly freq) is on the way. I assume the june delivery is already taken into account for the summer sched ( the increased HKG and NRT freq?)
But for the two frames arriving H2 and "only" used for 5 new weekly freq in published schedule currently?
Old May 27, 2017, 2:32 am

At the same time 3 airframes (ie 21 new weekly freq) is on the way. I assume the june delivery is already taken into account for the summer sched ( the increased HKG and NRT freq?)
But for the two frames arriving H2 and "only" used for 5 new weekly freq in published schedule currently?

OH-LWI (1st marsuhäkki* -config. 359) coming in 2 weeks is taking BKK route and then one 359 goes NRT +4 and HKG +3.

But then in July one more 359 coming and taking over KIX 333. There will be free 333 then without daily work.

* marsuhäkki = guinea pig cage

Last edited by OH-LGG; May 27, 2017 at 2:37 am
Old May 27, 2017, 3:09 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
But then in July one more 359 coming and taking over KIX 333. There will be free 333 then without daily work.
But still no MIA flights

OTOH, a spare plane will increase reliability.

I had thought ORD is year-round but realised it's seasonal only. I wonder if AY is Europe's most seasonally-varied longhaul airline. Five summer-only and eight winter-only destinations.
Old May 27, 2017, 9:09 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Also, article mentioning that of current 74 overflight rights, some were cargo rights, temporarily converted to passenger flight rights. So are they lost in the new deal?
Actually the brief communication mentions added cargo flights.
Old May 27, 2017, 10:15 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

What I meant to ask was if 74 is the current number (including some converted freight rights) and 80 is the newly negotiated number - is that number pure passenger rights? And can they still do "temporary conversion" of cargo rights on top of that?
Old May 27, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
It amazes me too. I haven't been to Japan but the Japanese I've interacted with are the most polite ethnicity I've ever met.
On the way back there was another older Japanese lady from Osaka that tried to take the Marimekko pouches. She also insisted on keeping the Marimekko soup cup. She threw a tantrum about the cup being hers until the FA gave up and just agreed to let her keep the cup.
Old May 28, 2017, 1:58 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by MagmaH
On the way back there was another older Japanese lady from Osaka that tried to take the Marimekko pouches. She also insisted on keeping the Marimekko soup cup. She threw a tantrum about the cup being hers until the FA gave up and just agreed to let her keep the cup.
Geez, Japanese housewives are real crazy for Marimekko
Old May 28, 2017, 3:00 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Good to know.
Will bring my collection on next trip and see if that opens any doors!
Old May 30, 2017, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
If we look autumn 09-12/2017 movements are:

SFO -3
ORD -5
CKG -1
XIY -3
CAN -4
KIX -2
NGO -2
FUK -3

Total -23

MIA +3
BKK +9
HKT +3
KBV +3
SGN +1
PVR +1
POP +1
HAV +2
DEL +3
GOI +2

Total +28
KBV of course +2, not +3. So total is +27.
Old May 31, 2017, 7:21 am

I was wondering, with all but one flight this year there was nobody at Check in (even JFK, PEK). Normally I check in 60-90 min before departure. Once I was at the airport 2.5h before the flight and there were many people already.

When do people typically check in?
Old May 31, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by casper79
I was wondering, with all but one flight this year there was nobody at Check in (even JFK, PEK). Normally I check in 60-90 min before departure. Once I was at the airport 2.5h before the flight and there were many people already.

When do people typically check in?
It depends on the airport. When I was 2.5h before the flight at TAY I was basically alone with the girls of the check-in for nearly an hour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.