Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2017, 6:17 am

Some höpö-höpö in today's Helsingin Sanomat by a well-seasoned traveller: http://www.hs.fi/matka/art-2000005217857.html. (Only in Finnish, sorry.) Of course I read it in 1A on an A350...
Old May 20, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Another person who does not understand what is First class and where it located. I understand him, because you never enter to "tuulipuku/karvalakki" class through First class door. Writing about human class dividing and do not realize about paying more for premium services does not take anything away from others. Overall, complete höpö-höpo speech.
Old May 20, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Jaenks
Overall, complete höpö-höpo speech.
My grandparents could've done a better speech than that.

Apparently even well seasoned travelers still assume that you have to be a millionaire to travel in premium cabins.
Old May 20, 2017, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
and what about that side remark about being a member of the "kymppikerho" (mile-high club) - does he even know what it means? And if he does - why put it as a side remark in a rant about busines/"first" class??
Old May 20, 2017, 9:35 am

Furry and I got a great idea here in LHR CX Flounge. Let's invite Mr. Rantala to our next DO and upgrade him. We can easily afford it, we're all (at least points) millionaires, after all.
Old May 20, 2017, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
and what about that side remark about being a member of the "kymppikerho" (mile-high club) - does he even know what it means? And if he does - why put it as a side remark in a rant about busines/"first" class??
Obviously for him it is to fly above 10k km above the sea level in the first(business) class as he did once after the upgrade.
Old May 20, 2017, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by jmmi
Furry and I got a great idea here in LHR CX Flounge. Let's invite Mr. Rantala to our next DO and upgrade him. We can easily afford it, we're all (at least points) millionaires, after all.
And hope that he do not want to re-qualify to "kymppikerho" during that upgrade!
Old May 20, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
That comment was the proof that the guy did not know what he was talking about all in all.

Funny too there was another link to comparisonnof hotel loyalties and the level of that story was also out in the woods
Old May 20, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Curtains. I must dmit I sneaked today from Y to J lavatory, due to real need and trolley was midway to the back. I did it as low quiet as possible and I bet FA did not notice, barely other pax either.

FA were very low key too at us. Offered me energy drink and smoothie to my son with as regular handwave as any. Thats about air rage avoidance
Old May 20, 2017, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash
I bet FA did not notice, barely other pax either
Soft Plat perk?
Old May 20, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I tend to like what Mr. Rantala writes and says in general, but this I don't understand. What is the intention behind this piece? Business class provokes air rage? No, jealousy provokes air rage.

As we know, "anyone" can travel in "first class". It is a matter of priorities. I tend to travel business on private trips and economy for work.

Shouldn't hostel visitors be raging outside of 5 star hotels then? Why is flying or even offering "first class" worse than staying in a luxury hotel?
Old May 21, 2017, 3:51 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by jmmi
A million points is actually quite hard to get. It's essentially impossible if you are not Platinum, due to points expiration. I expect most people here have less than that on their balance (as I do).

Still, makes me wonder what percentage of my net wealth is in the hands of Finnair loyalty management
Old May 21, 2017, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Courmisch
A million points is actually quite hard to get. It's essentially impossible if you are not Platinum, due to points expiration. I expect most people here have less than that on their balance (as I do).

Still, makes me wonder what percentage of my net wealth is in the hands of Finnair loyalty management
There are some Plats who manage to get 400K TP a year so for them it won't be very long to reach 1M.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Earning 1m is not so difficult - especially as we talk about reward points, so all those credit card, promo, etc earnings also count.

By my counting, ex-EU longhauls in C = 50k, 20 of these is a cool million. In a 3 year's period that's a return flight every other month. In a 5 year's period that just one per quarter.

If you throw in let's say 3k/month spend on DC, it's 100k p.a (for Plat) That means you can ease on the flying somewhat.

But the expiration rules are tough, so having Plat status is nearly a precondition for the 1m. But if you fly as above, you can't avoid hitting plat. Ah, and don't forget the 200/300/400k threshold gifts that also decrease the required flying.

Having 1m points on your account is another question
Old May 21, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Yeah in other words, it's only business-class frequent business-purpose fliers. The kind of people that the article author expects in business class.

An upper middle class tourist, or a frequent business flier with economy class policy, may occasionnaly upgrade or splurge on a discounted business class ticket. But s/he won't have a million points balance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.