Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2017, 9:14 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
The lions aren't really giving Finnair their moneys worth right now, are they...
(4-0)
Old May 21, 2017, 10:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I had to watch yesterday and today. Why I don't know... the AY logo was the only nice thing in the game.
Old May 21, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Yeah in other words, it's only business-class frequent business-purpose fliers. The kind of people that the article author expects in business class.

An upper middle class tourist, or a frequent business flier with economy class policy, may occasionnaly upgrade or splurge on a discounted business class ticket. But s/he won't have a million points balance.
I am about 60k points short of 1M reward points in my account. I don't get business class travel for my business travel but travel in economy.

I do upgrade sometimes but I try to use first the vouchers and so on. I have also some other sources for points, point purchases, credit card, hotels etc. so it is not pure flying.

I think it took about 3 years to collect this because previously I was focused on CX program and when I did the switch, my AY balance was pretty much close to zero. This is the third year as Platinum in a row and I already re-qualified for the next year about 4 months before the closing of my membership year.

Last 60k within next 4 months should be doable unless something changes in my pattern but let's see.

Just a data point, economy passenger can also have 1M points but maybe you don't burn those points so often in that case. You save them for the bad day, future or whatever reason you save money in the bank.
Old May 22, 2017, 1:20 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ZKOKA
Clearly a case of nonsense: Finnair has recently moved into terminal C at Berlin Tegel (TXL), where a common-use (yes, it was officially designated that way with the intention to offer it to all airlines willing to pay) lounge is offered after security. Yet Finnair has so far failed to negotiate acccess for their business class and frequent flyers and everyone with bags will need to drop those at C, trek over to the BA lounge at terminal A and back to terminal C for security check and eventually boarding. Apparently only airberlin/Niki and Hainan passengers get access so far. Why move to another terminal (D to C) where a lounge and better facilities are available and not take advantage of these?
Yesterday it was A15 (AY918). Very handy for the BA lounge.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by aapee
Yesterday it was A15 (AY918). Very handy for the BA lounge.
And AY914 was gate A13 yeaterday, so I could not try out the AB lounge!"
" should I complain
Old May 22, 2017, 10:01 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
The AB "lounge" does not recognize oneWorld statuses, so good luck with that...
Old May 22, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
The C lounge gives access to OWS/OWE members, but only on AB flights. Finnair has no contract AFAIK. Way better than the BA lounge, at least if they get the a/c in place.
Old May 26, 2017, 12:48 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Don't know where to put this, so...

Finland and Russia have concluded new aviation rights agreement, which e.g. increases Siberian overflights to 80 per week, destination countries China, Korea and Japan. Asia strategy still going strong?

In Finnish:

https://www.lvm.fi/-/suomi-ja-venaja...uksista-937328
Old May 26, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Don't know where to put this, so...

Finland and Russia have concluded new aviation rights agreement, which e.g. increases Siberian overflights to 80 per week, destination countries China, Korea and Japan. Asia strategy still going strong?

In Finnish:

https://www.lvm.fi/-/suomi-ja-venaja...uksista-937328
OTOH, not that big an increase from current situation.
Old May 26, 2017, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by SPBanker
OTOH, not that big an increase from current situation.
IIRC finnair had previously 72 licenses, so only 8 more.
Old May 26, 2017, 1:11 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

How is that counted? Is "80 overflights" to be understood as 160 passages ie 80 r/t?
I count to 63 weekly returns right now (and 3 more when HKG has second service), so it roughly allows for just 2 new daily destinations

Also, for some real Höpö, do a google translate of that article and you'll get
Man kom också överens om nya personbilar rätten att flyga över Sibirien till destinationer i Asien. antalet överflygning sattes 80 skift per vecka.
Old May 26, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by intuition
How is that counted? Is "80 overflights" to be understood as 160 passages ie 80 r/t?
I count to 63 weekly returns right now (and 3 more when HKG has second service), so it roughly allows for just 2 new daily destinations

Also, for some real Höpö, do a google translate of that article and you'll get
They want to say passenger traffic with "matkustajaliikenne" instead of personal vehicles but this shows how bad Google Translate can be.
Old May 26, 2017, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
I think that's how it must be calculated.
Old May 26, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: AY Gold
It looks possible new routes to Nanjing, Sapporo and Busan are mentioned in the overflight deal.

http://www.talouselama.fi/uutiset/su...asiaan-6652331
Old May 26, 2017, 2:03 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

With 3 more A350 coming H2-2017 there are not enough right to put them all on the Asian strategy then. This is getting interesting, what are they going to do with all the new metal? I mean, if next plane arrives in say 3 months and they haven't yet announced a route (ie have not sold one single ticket yet)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.