Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:11 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
No more drinks for you...

Indeed!
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FFlash
Never got any tickets to matkamessut nor other höpö löpö but today a handwritten post with icehockey tickets inside. 2 + scarfs + dribk coupons.
Totally surprised!

Less surprise was the difficulty to find this thread with the FT search tool. Only after I spelled the thread exactly same it did appear only second on search list!
Are this kind of gestures a special benefit of the Finland-based customers? I have been on Platinum-level for about 10 years in a row and have never received any spontaneous invitation, present, offer or any other contact (other than the regular 200 000 or 300 000 point threshold bonuses). During the period, my home address has been in Switzerland and Sweden. But we do pay much less for our flight tickets, so I should not complain.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 11:13 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by mhle
Are this kind of gestures a special benefit of the Finland-based customers? ...
I'd say yes. Maybe even HEL based.

Finnair HQ is likely to continuously score a number of tickets, invites et.c. from partners and barters and these will all be to local events.
There has also been a number of small loyalty initiatives, like the Christmas greetings with small gift, which seems to only go to FIN members.

There have been some larger events for Sweden though. The previous sales manager arranged some memorable events in Stockholm and I believe invites were sent to all platinums in Sweden. There have also been a marketing even together with Accor and a A350 event IIRC
mhle likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by mhle
Are this kind of gestures a special benefit of the Finland-based customers? I have been on Platinum-level for about 10 years in a row and have never received any spontaneous invitation, present, offer or any other contact (other than the regular 200 000 or 300 000 point threshold bonuses). During the period, my home address has been in Switzerland and Sweden. But we do pay much less for our flight tickets, so I should not complain.
only they know. Once in a while we see reports here about such gifts but how they track and decide who they pamper is another science. Maybe they found my earlier post nagging about never winning so beware you might get now something soon
Nice anyway, well done AY!
mhle likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by FFlash
Never got any tickets to matkamessut nor other höpö löpö but today a handwritten post with icehockey tickets inside. 2 + scarfs + dribk coupons.
Ice Hockey in Helsinki area is ended this season.

Are those tickets for a next season or maybe to the game played already?
Old Mar 26, 2018, 11:40 am
Original Poster

eurohokki
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:43 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Ice Hockey in Helsinki area is ended this season.
?! Only ended in Pasila. In the City it is still very much game on..
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat

?! Only ended in Pasila. In the City it is still very much game on..
Some pipo ice-hockey. No mass event.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:18 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Some pipo ice-hockey. No mass event.
That is a debate you don't want to go deeper into...not to mention you talk about Russian hockey.. 😁
OH-LGG and SPBanker like this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
I suppose OH-LGG already has some superhyperlumo card that comes with frequent op-ups and also hot meals in Y
Hah.
Today I was coming from ARN in Y and air hostess had baquette waiting for me.
ffay005, SPBanker, loimu and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 6:57 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Sent an upgrade request via the internet form for AY1544 in three weeks' time, showing zero upgrade slots. Less than an hour later (on Sunday) I received upgraded ticket and an email from the person who had upgraded me. Thank you!
Old Apr 21, 2018, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Thankful again for the plat line to open up award space for a nordic oneway redemption, waitlist processed next day from request.
Orherwise it seems diffiult ti find awards these days
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
Let's add here also that we we're super happy with mrs. aama as aama jr. had his first flight to CPH and the FA made our journey super easy.

Aama jr. handled everything like a true future FF would, only the pretty loud PAs scared him few times.
NoWindowSeat and Steve_Hun like this.
Old May 2, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Thank you Finnair web chat CS! Second time in half a year I wanted to change my outbound within 24h after booking, and both times everything went fine in minutes. Without surcharges and without having to touch the return flight.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Very well done AY – thanks!

I realised today that it's f**** cold outside and that I would have time for a quick trip somewhere (anywhere warm) since I don't need to be back in HEL before Saturday. Found great flights to RHO where I've never been. Morning flight out tomorrow and evening flight back two nights later. Price almost €600, no X availability. Damn.

Called AY, waited for 7 min and got a really good agent. Too bad I didn't catch her name, but it sure wasn't Janica! She waitlisted the flights I wanted, apologized for the AY+ department being closed already (they close at 4 pm in the summer and would obviously have been able to confirm the flights right on the spot) and said that another department would look into the situation and that I'd get a confirmation within a couple of hours if they accept the request. 25 minutes after our conversation ended, my award reservation was confirmed and I went online to pay €28 in taxes. The points charge is 31k. And even if check-in for the outbound has been open for a while now, I still found a nice exit seat for myself. ^

Happy to be AY PlatsQ!
NoWindowSeat, vulle, aapee and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.