Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:22 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Called platsku line drunk as a käki. Guy at the other end laughed. Ended up with CX F award tickets (and -300k). Excellent service.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:19 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
If things go wrong, proper handling of feedback can change the whole customer experience.

My flight was operated by DOT, with no advance information by email or txt of operator change. That DOT A320 was old and with very tight configuration, 180 seats vs AY normal 165 seats. Crew Lithuanian, even though friendly, not familiar with AY procedures. Aircraft and the flight as a whole was not even close to normal AY standard expected, like the cramped seating and no curtain between J and Y, as just examples. One extremely friendly AY F/A was onboard as "Company Representative" to "support customer service". Already before departure she came to present herself to every passenger in J and apologized for this sub-par product that day, and proactively offered to write a report and feedback on our behalf. I was very positively surprised a couple of days afterwards when I noticed a "Thank you for your feedback" email appearing in my email and next day "Feedback handled" email apologizing that they hadn't met the service standards expected and offered quite a nice compensation for it.

Never before have I run into a situation that even the feedback has been written by the service provider and compensation thus offered proactively. Very well done, Finnair, and thank you, "Company Representative" on that flight!
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:59 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Glad to hear! What did they offer you as a compensation in this case?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 3:48 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
It seems like the baggage handling in case of an involuntary rerouting improved at HEL. I was rebooked yesterday on LH and I was very sceptical that the bags would arrive at my final destination. 3 months ago my bags didn‘t arrive when also being rebooked on LH. I was told there is a „new system“ and well, what shall I say, it really worked for me.

An obvious change is that they remove now the original baggage tags and put new ones on the bags. Last time the bags still had the original tags upon delivery.

I am quite happy that this worked well.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Again, very very impressed with AY Plat service. I needed a last minute change of ticket, which was a light ticket without any change possibility. Plat line proactively suggested I redeem a one-way award instead of paying +400€ for revenue bucket. Was of course lucky that there were X availability on the morning of the flight date which I thought was impossible and therefore didn't even look at that option myself.

Probably we should write more feedback when something really positive happens, as it's a custom to give feedback only on negative things. Complimenting is very hard for a Finn!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:41 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Furry
Again, very very impressed with AY Plat service. I needed a last minute change of ticket, which was a light ticket without any change possibility. Plat line proactively suggested I redeem a one-way award instead of paying +400€ for revenue bucket. Was of course lucky that there were X availability on the morning of the flight date which I thought was impossible and therefore didn't even look at that option myself.

Probably we should write more feedback when something really positive happens, as it's a custom to give feedback only on negative things. Complimenting is very hard for a Finn!
I try to give feedback when people go above and beyond, and not just here on FT.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Furry

Was this on the inbound sector? (If it had been on the outbound sector, you would have lost the inbound, right? Or did they make an exception and cancel the outbound?)
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:44 pm

On yesterday's long haul, I needed to charge my phone. But there's only one socket for the AC Y seats, under the C seat, and my neighbouresse was sound asleep. In the #metoo spirit I didn't find it a good idea to bend down and try to get behind (or between?) her legs, so I went to the galley in front of row 21 and asked if the FAs there had any good ideas... What I had in mind was that a female FA could just plug it in for me. But instead, they came up with a brilliant solution.

First, they tried a socket by the exit door but it only worked with American plugs. So they ended up putting my phone in the lav and closing the whole lav during the charging. Wow! I hadn't expected that! (It was in the middle of the night, so no pax were inconvenienced.)

Very nicely done! Thanks!
SPBanker and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by SPBanker
I try to give feedback when people go above and beyond, and not just here on FT.

+1
Had an onboard payment issue which I didn't notice until I checked my CC charge receipt at home.
Platinum line had it retroactively fixed. ^
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by ffay005
Was this on the inbound sector? (If it had been on the outbound sector, you would have lost the inbound, right? Or did they make an exception and cancel the outbound?)
Yes it was the inbound from Europe to HEL so no harm done.

Last edited by Furry; Jan 22, 2018 at 1:32 am Reason: Typo
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: AY LUMO
From PRG to HEL I had flashback from those glory days when Y had meals
This from Y

Y meal today

​​​​​
Old Jan 27, 2018, 8:37 am

I suppose OH-LGG already has some superhyperlumo card that comes with frequent op-ups and also hot meals in Y
OH-LGG likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 9:34 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Very happy how AY handled my ticket/transit at JFK..flying on AY codeshare/ticket and connecting to AA..all AY stock, biz saver I.

AA changed schedules and they have only one direct flight from JFK per day to my destination..the transit became too short to my liking at JFK (1h30min, I->D w/luggage). Official MCT is 1h45min but I know AY does min 1h15min at T8...not my style..

First they offered earlier flights via LHR but after asking they put me on AA flight the next evening even though it is tech. no more a transit (>24hrs). I have one extra day to kill jetlag and happy to start that in NY w/o the need to rush and possibly miss the connection. Thanks AY 👍
ffay005 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
First they offered earlier flights via LHR but after asking they put me on AA flight the next evening even though it is tech. no more a transit (>24hrs). I have one extra day to kill jetlag and happy to start that in NY w/o the need to rush and possibly miss the connection. Thanks AY 👍
One more reason to be Plat. They are willing to bend the rules in cases like this – it costs them nothing but it keeps you happy. And actually, it can save them money since there would have been a very real risk for you missing your flight. ^
NoWindowSeat likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by ffay005
I suppose OH-LGG already has some superhyperlumo card that comes with frequent op-ups and also hot meals in Y
Yeah, I said I have Lumo and then gates opened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.