Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2024, 7:56 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Wow, good for you!

Originally Posted by jimmathin
...they had noticed that I had also let some upgrade vouchers expire (2 LH and 3 SH) and they proactively extended the validity of one of the long haul vouchers through the end of the week. ....
Isn't this literally unheard of?
Helsinki Flyer and manywhere like this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Kudos to an elderly(incorrect to define, or just ”seasoned”?&#128517 purser on ay579 for a warmhearted chitchat and attitude. Some people still can do.
manywhere likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 12:46 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Last week, AY146 BKK-HEL was delayed by 12 hours on an hours notice before departure due to crew sickness. My main worry was missing an onwards flight on a separate Finnair ticket the following day. Fortunately, the gate agents were willing to combine my tickets and also made an adjustment to my already checked baggage. I did indeed miss the connection with a mere 30 minutes, but Finnair honored the combined ticket and re-routed me to my final destination. Even my baggage made it to the final destination.

Kudos to the gate agent and Finnair for helping me out even though I had separate tickets.
// Happy and relieved customer

(AY IT did initially try to re-route me to the US through... South Korea. Unfortunately, I was not in the mood to be idiot enough to take that offer for the story )
Old Mar 7, 2024, 2:02 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
So, I have this family trip booking, or two, one for person seeking few extra TP and the other for rest. Few U seats free for LH leg but only for 2/3 pax in pnr (and kids could not travel alone), old expired (but tied to other flights) vouchers, new and wifes 4 SH vouchers etc.

So I called FI plat line this morning and started with "this is bit complicated" and roughly 10 minutes later _everything was sorted_ So, expired vouchers moved to cleared upgrades, SH vouchers converted etc. and new PNR created with new ticket for U seats.

I was truly impressed that nothing in my request even raised questions, when in fact it required working with (in the end) 4 PNR's etc.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:37 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
You must have gotten one of the really good agents.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 9:11 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
So, I have this family trip booking, or two, one for person seeking few extra TP and the other for rest. Few U seats free for LH leg but only for 2/3 pax in pnr (and kids could not travel alone), old expired (but tied to other flights) vouchers, new and wifes 4 SH vouchers etc.

So I called FI plat line this morning and started with "this is bit complicated" and roughly 10 minutes later _everything was sorted_ So, expired vouchers moved to cleared upgrades, SH vouchers converted etc. and new PNR created with new ticket for U seats.

I was truly impressed that nothing in my request even raised questions, when in fact it required working with (in the end) 4 PNR's etc.

Its amazing how hit and miss it is there... end of feb while I was still LUMO I was told to pound the sand when uograde didnt clear with expired upgrade vouchers even though there was space, and told to use fresh upgrades. No lee way

But glad it worked out for you.

My experience made me happy that I decided to only redeem in 2023 and now in 2024 I will only buy 2 trips to requalify one more time for plat and then adios ay revenue flights
intuition likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 3:01 pm

I have to give kudos where kudos is due. Got really quick and pleasant service from the Whatsapp when trying to deal with a rebooking situation.
intuition and manywhere like this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 11:14 am

Programs: AY Gold, M&M and Flying Blue to try them out
+1 more for the WhatsApp, I didn't know it was already available for Gold too but reasonably quick and very straightforward service.
SPBanker and manywhere like this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 12:00 pm
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by mondostic
+1 more for the WhatsApp, I didn't know it was already available for Gold too but reasonably quick and very straightforward service.
Kudos also for Gold phone customer service! First month as Gold since forever and wanted to reschedule an award flight for 4 pax.

Didn’t know if changing dates for awards would be free as it used to be as platinum, called to try my luck and after 4sec waiting and 3mins on phone new tickets issued and row1 seating secured. This flexibility is by far the best part of award flights to me compared to revenue Y tickets!
manywhere likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.