Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2015, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK

The Flyertalk AY forum is quite active but rather demanding towards AY, and with all our whine and rant, there are number of positive feedback which are dispersed in several threads. I took the liberty to open a new thread focusing solely on thank AY for minor/major things that AY has done well.

My recent feedback:

Last time HEL-JFK on 4th June the business cabin crew was just perfect. There was no extra frills or "making-up" (as we Finns don't like it ), but yet the service was impeccable, nice, warm and cozy. The purser was on a happy mood (nothing overfluant, but just a positive charm) which reflected through the whole cabin. Flight was fully booked but they still could handle everything very timely but without stress or push. There was even one DYKWIA onboard whom they handled awesomely well.
NZA777319ER likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Spread the love and good aura!

Actually I like the "matronly" CC that AY seem to have on their Asian longhauls.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 10:52 am

This thread won´t stay on the top page unless stickied. =) To be honest, I like Finnair now that supporting the challenger (blue1) is no longer possible.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 1:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Spread the love and good aura!

Actually I like the "matronly" CC that AY seem to have on their Asian longhauls.
They're my favourite kind as well, their experience tends to shine through in the service. ^

World of difference in comparison to the less experienced 'Flybe' crew.
NZA777319ER likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 10:31 am

I remember a great purser on a quite recent flight to London. The "normal service"in business class was very good and attentive. She took off the foils and plastic covers from the meals, which annoyingly is not often done. But the best part was when she heated the icecold coffee cups before pouring the coffee. For once I could have my coffee warm... So it is really quite small gestures that can make a client happy and a flight memorable one.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by teme
I remember a great purser on a quite recent flight to London. The "normal service"in business class was very good and attentive. She took off the foils and plastic covers from the meals, which annoyingly is not often done. But the best part was when she heated the icecold coffee cups before pouring the coffee. For once I could have my coffee warm... So it is really quite small gestures that can make a client happy and a flight memorable one.
Indeed, the little details make all the difference. One which I appreciate is the snacks accompanying the aperitifs being served in a small Ultima Thule glass.

Even though sometimes the service is very friendly, when small details are omitted like jacket not hung, plastic/foil not removed from meal etc., the experience isn't as nice, which is especially true for those who are experienced with the product and know what to expect.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quite slow going in this part of the board...

I just realised that I'm sitting on a number of u/g vouchers with limited shelf life and they'll keep coming with the hopefully soon-to-be-reached Plat level.

So I called AY to change a C award paid fully with points to an Y award + u/g voucher. It took a full 3 minutes to have it done and the points to be redeposited to my account. No need to re-issue, as the ticket itself was not changed, only the payment method.

^
Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
So I called AY to change a C award paid fully with points to an Y award + u/g voucher. It took a full 3 minutes to have it done and the points to be redeposited to my account. No need to re-issue, as the ticket itself was not changed, only the payment method.

^
Can you elaborate a bit further on this? Isn't an Y award 125k and J award 200k to NAmerica for example, so in your case you came down from 200 to 125+voucher which saved you 25k points? Cannot be true

Anyhow, the service is good is they do this. I have also been able to switch a 50k points upgrade into a longhaul upgrade voucher which is nice done by AY indeed. ^
Old Jul 3, 2015, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FFlash
Can you elaborate a bit further on this? Isn't an Y award 125k and J award 200k to NAmerica for example, so in your case you came down from 200 to 125+voucher which saved you 25k points? Cannot be true

Anyhow, the service is good is they do this. I have also been able to switch a 50k points upgrade into a longhaul upgrade voucher which is nice done by AY indeed. ^
Nah, short-haul one way redemption. 39k -> 27k + 1 s/h voucher
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Nice positive surprise at the entrance of Schengen lounge:
Says dragon: "we have today a surprise tasting menu"
Me: "something hidden behind the shelves like for kids?"
Dragon: "we have brought some delicacies from Premium lounge"

Don't know why, have they low load factor these days at premium lounge and stuff getting wasted? Or FT hoard emptying all else than food ?

Whatever, anyhow a ^
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:18 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
On a recent flight to BCN, a head of cabin crew asked my partner and I if we flew this route two years ago. And guess what, yes we did – and also remembered that crew member. But how can he remember us? That was something! Plus, we have always gotten good service from the Spanish crew. Feels like they work harder to please customers than the Finnish colleagues. Pre-dinner snacks are served from the glass instead the original plastic and champagne bottles are decorated with small bow made from napkin, for example. Also, my partner asked some chocolate. They didn't have it for J passengers but cabin crew took it from the Y trolley. Small things that counts.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Eh, 2 years?!? I've had FA recognize me only twice. The first one was my immediate flat neighbor. The other one was HK-based who'd been on the same in/out flights 5 days apart.

Last edited by Courmisch; Jul 13, 2015 at 9:12 am Reason: Clarity
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:41 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Eh, 2 years?!? I've had FA recognize me only twice. The first one was my immediate flat neighbor. The other one was HK-based who'd been on both my legs 5 days apart.
Yes, I've got a dirty mind, but I got a snicker out of this one...

Sometimes (not very often) a crew on return LH flight is the same, and there's recognition. And once I happened to be in the same breakfast table as FAs in Hilton Narita, and then they were on the same flight.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you want recognition, take a same plane return for an ex-EU positioning.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
The wrong kind of recognition?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.