Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2023, 6:27 am

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
PS - am I the only one who loves the pesto with meatballs pasta and salmon starter meal? One of the few European short haul meals I look forward to!
SPBanker and SirToby like this.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 9:29 am

Programs: AY+ plat / SK EBG
Thanks AY for covering my own mistake. Forgot to gift 2 AY gold before their expiry while being focused on travelling by trains and ferries... Two weeks later remembered it. Called and asked. In an hour got a call back, that I had a couple of days to gift them. So now wife and daughter are happy campers.
vulle, McCarran, SPBanker and 5 others like this.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 2:51 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
A very positive Uprise today at HEL great service and great attention to detail, unfortunately thats all I can say due to circumstances

but made me feel very Lumo positive today and Finnair positive a place I have not been in awhile 🤣🤣
ffay005, vulle, intuition and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 11:18 pm

Programs: BONVOY Lifetime Platinum , Ay Platinum, Hhonors Diamond
Plat WA service salute again.

Made a mistake in my award booking last night and realised it only after confirmation. Tried to call plat line and were told that Finnish service ends nowadays at 7Pm (has it been like this for long?). Bulgarian phone line not answerd in 15min wait, so decided to send message to WA.

Answer from Ay promptly at 7.00AM when they open the service and case was closed at 7.05, fantastic option!
Old Aug 13, 2023, 5:48 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Kelju
Plat WA service salute again.

Made a mistake in my award booking last night and realised it only after confirmation. Tried to call plat line and were told that Finnish service ends nowadays at 7Pm (has it been like this for long?).
I am tempted to say it's been like this always, but not 100% sure. In any case, it's been like this for quite some time.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 5:51 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by SPBanker
I am tempted to say it's been like this always, but not 100% sure. In any case, it's been like this for quite some time.
Wasnt there 24/7 Finnish service pre-covid?
SPBanker likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 5:52 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by lkrt
Yes
SPBanker likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 6:06 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by lkrt
Thanks for the reminder! Covid destroyed lots of memory cells, it seems...
intuition likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 2:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Not sure when Finnair moved back to T2 at Stockholm Arlanda since haven't flown here after January but really appreciate this move. The refreshed T2 lounge is so much better than the one at T5. Nice food offering: crispy bacon and sacrambled eggs for breakfast, spacious, quiet and calm. Well done Finnair, although it actually might very well be the airport operator Swedavia which share the gates and terminals.
manywhere and kauppias like this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 3:42 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Yesterday we had BKK-HEL with Mrs LGG in PE and due to crazy departure time of AY142 I did not sleep before going to Suvarnabhumi.

10 minutes before boarding started, I checked ExpertFlyers changes on that flight. Suddenly our seats on row 21 were released and we were moved to row 1.
That was absolutely great, good sleep but sitting is still terrible on these low cost -seats
vulle, Kelju, intuition and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Yesterday we had BKK-HEL with Mrs LGG in PE and due to crazy departure time of AY142 I did not sleep before going to Suvarnabhumi.

10 minutes before boarding started, I checked ExpertFlyers changes on that flight. Suddenly our seats on row 21 were released and we were moved to row 1.
That was absolutely great, good sleep but sitting is still terrible on these low cost -seats
Sir is not apparently on their black list but Lumotic list.

Or wait, did they split your res -> 21+21=1+41? 😜
Old Sep 7, 2023, 4:59 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FFlash
Sir is not apparently on their black list but Lumotic list.
Maybe there was someone else on the VIP list that day...
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Yesterday we had BKK-HEL with Mrs LGG in PE ...
OH-LGG likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 7:54 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
BKK remains my ONLY LH opup to date one ARN-HEL gate or actually when I was allready in my seat upgraded to J and one MAD-LHR upgrade very sad considering how long I have been playing the game and considering how long I flew Y only 🤣🤔
Old Sep 8, 2023, 4:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Kudos to AY for providing access to the showers in the non-Schengen lounge without having to ask the lounge staff for permission to use them.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 12:49 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Kudos to AY for providing access to the showers in the non-Schengen lounge without having to ask the lounge staff for permission to use them.
I found the concept a tad confusing compared to the staff choreographed ones. Am I just slow on the uptake or was the user experience fluid?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.