Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
If it is an official policy, then I've alwys ended up with an agent who didn't know about this... Have sent 3-4 times during the last 12 months a positive feedback, when I felt that I got excellent service, but have not received anything for it. (and honestly did not expect anything either, other than forwarding my comments & praise to the FA and their manager(s)).

However, when I've sent them a constructive feedback on service that did not meet my expectations at the airport by their check-in agent, I got 10K award points as compensation.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:19 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
However, when I've sent them a constructive feedback on service that did not meet my expectations at the airport by their check-in agent, I got 10K award points as compensation.
Seems like I should get Platinum to get also 10k.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:14 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
If it is, they are not consistent with it, as to my experience it is a hit or miss. Sometimes very generous, sometimes nothing. I agree a small reward for giving feedback is a great incentive for their loyal customers to do it.
I've received 'thanks', movie tickets and points. It's all good.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
So, I got to take that AY666 to HEL flight that makes me laugh.
and from that flight you can connect to SIN
Old Jun 20, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by SPBanker
I've received 'thanks', movie tickets and points. It's all good.
I sent today thanks for AY80 crew via form in AY's web page. Received "FEEDBACK COMPENSATION" +5000 award points almost instantly. Maybe this is now an automated process? Will test it again tomorrow if there is reason to give thanks to Norra crew of todays flight.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Do you guys enter AY plus number or what? I could use some extra Basic points.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I hope this doesn't begin an era of Plats whining in hope for some compensation points. As we all understand, the compensation is bound to become smaller, if we don't stick to real stuff. That's what happened with BA, where they offer 5,000 Avios for faulty first class seats...
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by lkrt
I hope this doesn't begin an era of Plats whining in hope for some compensation points. As we all understand, the compensation is bound to become smaller, if we don't stick to real stuff. That's what happened with BA, where they offer 5,000 Avios for faulty first class seats...
Although in fairness, with 5k Avios you actually get a flight and still have 1k left on your account.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:58 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I think AY should hand out points for posting on this thread...

But seriously, as soon as someone starts to post on FT about getting feedback compensation there is a ball starting rolling.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by lkrt
I assume you are a Finnish person as you picked up whining. Positive feedback is something that (especially us Finns) should be given more frequently when there is reason to do so. People like whining more anyway so if giving positive feedback is pushed by AY by giving out some points what is the problem here? Of course there will always be persons using the system wrong but we don't live in a world where you can make 100% fool or idiot proof systems or policies.

Last edited by Kari Jurri; Jun 21, 2017 at 12:28 am
Old Jun 21, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
I've given feedback probably around once per month through the online tool, both positive and negative, always gotten and answer back within few days - but never any compensation (not that I would except one). Maybe it's only for Super-Plats that get the summer present and venue tickets and not for us tuulipuku-Plats?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:23 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
Last week the printers of the both non-Schengen lounges at HEL did not work - meaning none of them.

After 20 minutes of hassle with the dragons, their "boss" came and kindly asked me to email my document to the reception, where I got it printed!
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:04 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
(and No, you can't get to BA T5 lounges when flying BA on HKG-LHR-CPH)
Errr... what?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:24 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
Errr... what?
In my experience BA26/28/32 from HKG arrives T5 at approx 4 am, while CPH flights leave from T2 around 7am.

At that time, again IME, LHR is basically closed and your options are to either go to arrivals or stay locked up airside waiting for transfer security to open. I never tried to exit through arrivals and then re-enter, but I assume you cannot gain access to T5 with a boardingpass for T2? Following purple for transfer leads you to a dead end, in front of closed doors in a sealed off airbridge.

Now this was a few years ago, so there may very well be a path. Or does CPH flights leave from T5 these days?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 5:20 am

Programs: AY Silver
Originally Posted by Kari Jurri
I assume you are a Finnish person as you picked up whining. Positive feedback is something that (especially us Finns) should be given more frequently when there is reason to do so. People like whining more anyway so if giving positive feedback is pushed by AY by giving out some points what is the problem here? Of course there will always be persons using the system wrong but we don't live in a world where you can make 100% fool or idiot proof systems or policies.
I received 5000 pts as a silver for a mix of positive and negative feedback on an AY350 HEL-LHR in J. Positive was the staff/service - very efficient, friendly, happy to sort requests etc - and general seat product etc - I even managed an hour or more of sleep, had been worried at 187cm I might not fit it well! Negative was that the seat didn't seem to have been cleaned - rubbish in three different places around the seat - and that the the little triangle storage cubby was broken; I only realised when I tried to retrieve my headphones and spent a few minutes wrestling with the plastic and trying not to break it more! So difficult to tell which the pts were for. It also listed as feedback compensation very soon on the points statement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.