Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Now AY has a New service. I Call it LGG-SMS.

Gate agent can send You SMS for the Last Call. I just received SMS from the gate at time 1955 while AY649 departs 2015. It says
AY649/21Feb17/HEL:Boarding will be closing shortly. Please proceed to the gate immediately.
Agent asked me about SMS she sent. did I receive it. Then I asked if can answer it like "hold it, I m in the lounge or in toilet" but that is not possible.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: AY Gold
Thank you AY for the wine choises 2016 Business Traveller - Cellars In The Sky

BEST BUSINESS CLASS WHITE Gold Medal:

Finnair – Schloss Reinhartshausen Hattenheim Wisselbrunnen Riesling Kabinett 2014, Hattenheim, Rheingau, Germany

https://www.businesstraveller.com/aw...lars-sky-2016/
Old Feb 25, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Service was outstanding on yesterday's HEL-HKT (OH-LTS).

The crew was extremely friendly throughout, and I was personally welcomed aboard. They even asked me if everything is ok with the seat etc. (And after that ill-advised question they patiently listened to me explain why I in fact think the A350 is worse).

Then they let me eat three of the dessert options since they felt they had enough in stock. Surely this can't be standard on "business light" flights?

And Finnair has started serving green tea ice cream!
Attached Images  
Old Feb 25, 2017, 10:49 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Very good service last night on AY6. I had made the reservation last summer, and forgot to update my daughter's meal preference when she decided to become vegan (topic for another thread, for sure), but the FAs were very effective in combining various items into a very tasty meal for her. So kudos!

(Wifi didn't work, though...)
Old Feb 28, 2017, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Let's say something positive for a while. The onboard FA experience has become like a charm, with plat benefits nicely presented and smile. Again one more smiley experience ^

(but then, the plat line and EC261 claims etc back office things have gone down to deep, which is the other way around what it used to be IME)
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:24 am
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
Contacted CS through Silver e-mail address at midnight regarding converting award points to tier points. I asked if CS can process different point levels as website, where you can convert only to 5000, 10000 etc tier points.

Got a clear reply in 10 minutes that they can't do it either, so I made the conversion online. Status updated from silver to gold immediately, gold upgrades are visible and benefits (ASR) can be used.

Kudos AY, that was smooth!
Old Mar 3, 2017, 1:28 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Congrats on reaching Gold!
Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by HJP
Got a clear reply in 10 minutes that they can't do it either, so I made the conversion online. Status updated from silver to gold immediately, gold upgrades are visible and benefits (ASR) can be used.
Points well used! Welcome to the lofty heights of AY Gold!
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:46 am
HJP

Thanks WilcoRoger, feels good to have first status ever with our home carrier after 3 years with AA where my OWS period ended 28/2/2017 (so I managed one full day without it). I used quite a lot of points, because I have a lot of upcoming intra-EU sh flights where ASR & Lounge access are important.

...And if there will be some longhaul J holiday trips in sight, I can always aim for AY platinum and in worst case exchange the last tier points needed through CS. Actually I really should plan a ~ 20-25k tier point run to get this done.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HJP
Actually I really should plan a ~ 20-25k tier point run to get this done.
What's your constraint - time or money? Different strategies
Old Mar 3, 2017, 4:42 am
HJP

I don't usually travel just for flying (lack of time), but could think about for example combining Formula 1 GP with "road to platinum" MR. Or just a one week holiday in HKG after summer, never been there either. I really enjoyed my first paid J trip (QR to SYD) last month, so those cheap R class deals are also possible.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you combine MR with mass tourism, the possibilities are next to endless, especially if you're after 20-25k points. Sub-2k€ outlay, one return trip to Asia/N-America in C more or less takes care of that. A weekend in NYC, catching some sun in Thailand, making a quick tour to the DMZ/JSA in Korea...
Old Mar 3, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
If you combine MR with mass tourism, the possibilities are next to endless, especially if you're after 20-25k points. Sub-2k€ outlay, one return trip to Asia/N-America in C more or less takes care of that. A weekend in NYC, catching some sun in Thailand, making a quick tour to the DMZ/JSA in Korea...
I generally don't do mileage runs but do have a private destination in the US I visit regularly, four - five business destinations in Asia where I have frequent visits and the same four - five in Europe.

Really been thinking about doing those on OW Explorer tickets occasionally where I'd f.ex fly AY/BA/CX from Europe to China with my customer, do biz for a week there , then travel with JL to Japan for another week to see friends and also prepare some biz related matters, from there continue on JL to Korea for more of the same (content and duration wise), then take CX/JL over to the States and finally AA/AY/BA back to Europe.

What would currently be a favorable origin for such a journey? I'm thinking DUS/FRA/TXL but why not also AMS/BRU or even ARN/CPH/OSL depending on the price in PE or C/J.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sometimes I was playing with the idea, too

I'm not sure the rules would allow your China-Japan-Korea flights, but of course you can get a single ticket or two to fly those.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: AY,CA,CZ
Just noticed there's a new wifi log in portal. Allows login without voucher code and multiple devices. Great !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.