FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread
Old Mar 3, 2017, 11:50 am
mosburger

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
If you combine MR with mass tourism, the possibilities are next to endless, especially if you're after 20-25k points. Sub-2k€ outlay, one return trip to Asia/N-America in C more or less takes care of that. A weekend in NYC, catching some sun in Thailand, making a quick tour to the DMZ/JSA in Korea...
I generally don't do mileage runs but do have a private destination in the US I visit regularly, four - five business destinations in Asia where I have frequent visits and the same four - five in Europe.

Really been thinking about doing those on OW Explorer tickets occasionally where I'd f.ex fly AY/BA/CX from Europe to China with my customer, do biz for a week there , then travel with JL to Japan for another week to see friends and also prepare some biz related matters, from there continue on JL to Korea for more of the same (content and duration wise), then take CX/JL over to the States and finally AA/AY/BA back to Europe.

What would currently be a favorable origin for such a journey? I'm thinking DUS/FRA/TXL but why not also AMS/BRU or even ARN/CPH/OSL depending on the price in PE or C/J.