Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Sent an email to Platsku support to waitlist me for upgrades - upgrades already cleared and new tix issued, impressive!
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
HELKRKHEL last weekend (outbound Sat/inbound Tue)
Very nice crew both ways, outbound got IS and 3 (!) champers (as an OWE, 6 pax on one booking), inbound IS + 2 champers.
Also was able to book exit seats for all 6 outbound and for 3 inbound (as some exit seats already taken).
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Wow! My first time trying the SH Wifi and it works like a charm. The best part: it’s gate-to-gate. Kudos, AY, truly.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
yeah i feel the SH wifi is much faster than LH
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
The SH wifi is great. It's actually fast enough to stream Youtube. It's very comfortable to just fire it up on my phone, start a playlist, and then listen using my Bluetooth headphones courtesy of Finnair. The only downside is that it doesn't really work when over the sea, which is the area closest to Helsinki when flying from/to central Europe.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 2:06 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Came up 1138 points short from the 50% mark to change award points to tier points for Plat renewal. Few emails back and forth while trying to cling on the fact that I live in SIN and there's no way I can fly AY SH from here - thus gaining the missing points would not bring any business to AY anyway and I'd just be wasting my time. This resulted in: "Looking at your transaction and status history with us, we are willing to make an exception in your case".

Thank you AY for saving my precious free time!
ffay005, FFlash, on22cz and 6 others like this.

Last edited by Unsub; Sep 25, 2018 at 2:07 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 25, 2018, 2:13 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Unsub
Came up 1138 points short from the 50% mark to change award points to tier points for Plat renewal. Few emails back and forth while trying to cling on the fact that I live in SIN and there's no way I can fly AY SH from here - thus gaining the missing points would not bring any business to AY anyway and I'd just be wasting my time. This resulted in: "Looking at your transaction and status history with us, we are willing to make an exception in your case".

Wow! Maybe AY is getting more flexible! Probably not though...
Old Sep 25, 2018, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Unsub

This is quite nice IMHO!
I would understand if someone is at 149000 points and they grant Plat status (only right thing to do IMO) but at 74000 it is a real offer
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:25 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by FFlash

This is quite nice IMHO!
I would understand if someone is at 149000 points and they grant Plat status (only right thing to do IMO) but at 74000 it is a real offer
But he was at approx. 149000. It was only that he reached the maximum amount of converted points.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Here's a big ^ to Emmi on the Lumo phone line.

While in TYO, tried to check in to ICN-HEL. Error message - cannot be completed online, go to checkin desk. Tiny problem, that I'd arrive to ICN at midnight (on ET (!)), already have a rooom booked at the transit hotel and the c/i desk will not open until 8 am.

Calling the Lumo line at first was not very promising, the original stance was "it's the system that requires it, cannot remove that, go to the desk in the morning" After pleading my case over and over, she finally called different departments, calling me back twice in the process and worked it out.

Turned out that there was a passport issue - I used different passports for leg 1 than for leg 2, so leg 3 (ICN-HEL) was not available for online c/i, system confused. She said this was the first time she saw the desk requirement removed.

Saved my day (or actually my night )
ffay005, SPBanker and FFlash like this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:59 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I'm just sad you need to be lumo to sort troublesome OLCI out...
ffay005, Purjelentaja and jmmi like this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
She said this was the first time she saw the desk requirement removed.
Good for her. I once ticked the wrong exit row eligibility box in the app with my fat thumb, and after that OLCI became impossible. No going back and changing that yourself anymore. CS was able to sort it out after I convinced them I meet the criteria (and they do check at the gate, too).
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I had the same fat thumb issue once - OLCI remained possible, but exit row greyed out. Couldn't care enough to call.

btw I was flagged for passport check at the gate at ICN. I peaked at the agent's screen - I'm the only Lumo, no Plats, several Golds, Silvers and assorted OW elites on board. It was a bit disheartening at first to read "ineligible for transportation" after my name at first

Greets from on board AY42 - surprisingly good wifi.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 1:25 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
...Greets from on board AY42 - surprisingly good wifi.
Yeah, cause all of us mortals, who only hold a platinum card are now cut off after 60 minutes :P
ffay005 and cistavoda like this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
There’s a new Sky Bistro menu and gin has been switched to Napue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.