Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done AY - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: LH HON
AY82 - very lovely Asian based crew. Pro-active refill runs with water, orange juice and chocolate / fruit during the flight. Malaysian FA in a very good mood, chatting, laughing and also offered a glass of bubbles. They really took the comfort part on "we are here for your safety and comfort" serious.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:10 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
AY73 on September 2, excellent crew from purser on down. She was keen to discuss Napue gin and their other products, perfect topic for Saturday night, of course. Subtle status recognition.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
One of the best AY crew on AY42

AY 42 ICN-HEL last Saturday.

Actually I already chatted up one of the crew already at the Sheraton ICN queuing for breakfast.

Once on board, amazing crew & purser. Friendly, personalized service with a smile.

I looked across to the portside aisle, similar service. (an extra bonus to male travellers, that both ladies were very easy on the eye ) Meal orders taken from (this) Plat first, drink service also coming by repeatedly, asking if a refill is needed.

Purser also very good, greeting status pax before tak-off, stopping by during the flight.

And I write this in spite of the several serious hardware problems. My seat lost ALL power (as did several others) shortly after takeoff - luckily I was already in the lounging position. It also meant no IFE, no power, no USB power. The boys in the front reset things several times and consulted with tech in HEL to no avail. Mine was not the only such seat, the problem seats seemed to be randomly across the full cabin. The whole crew had quite some workout putting all affected seats to "upright position" manually before landing.

And now comes the twist - the purser came up to me closer to landing, very apologetically handed me a form with several compensation options (it starts "Dear business class passenger". Different levels for different problems.

Non functional seat is 200€ cash (prepaid card) OR 300€ evoucher or 40k points. Non-functional IFE is 50€ cash OR 80€ evoucher or 10k points. I think there was also an option for 5k points for selected meal not available.

First time I saw such a form. As I had multiple problems, I chose both and chose evouchers. The form promised 2 weeks handling time, let's see how this works out.

BUT - as said, the excellent crew made this major malfunction feel much less serious which goes to show the importance of the FAs & purser!

PS - when coming back from ICN, go for the bulgogi option. Seriously good. And the Margaux they serve these days is also very good!
Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Really nice service on the Norra flight from Bromma to Helsinki some days ago. For the first time I heard them recognize frequent flyers during the announcements. And a nice smile and "welcome back, what would you like?" from the flight attendant. That's really all it takes.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:15 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Something seems to have changed, last couple of times there has been a recognition on my Y flights, last time even in J the purser came for a chat before take off. Guess this was easy though, as AY264 was late again and I think I made my personal best, the obstacle course from the bus gate at 21 to 50E in about 8.5 minutes. Needed some water
Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Today I missed my DY morning flight to ARN. I got thru HEL(l) security when DY was already gate closed (gate was 18)

I walked slowly to gate 18 wondering what to do next. Then at gate 21 I saw Airbus OH-LZI parked which was supposed to pick me up from ARN as AY644. And it was 1h before scheduled departure time.
So I called Platinum Line and told my needs to get ARN with AY643. So this lovely lady in Plat hotline booked a C one-way award ticket to ARN (Y awards sold out and revenue Y was 280€) so my well chained AY flights didn't messed up. Seat 1A and next then to ARN. And ex AY CEO sitting behind the curtain.

Well done, thanx AY!

My plan was to earn over 5000 award points today but I lost 13000 award points. It was Finnair Big Minus day today.
SPBanker, cistavoda, jmmi and 2 others like this.

Last edited by OH-LGG; Sep 26, 2017 at 3:16 am
Old Nov 12, 2017, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Flew TKU-MHQ. Whispered to FA on boarding if there is any small chance to grab a coffee on a short hop. I had a headache for coffee. She whispered where I have seat. Got my coffee before takeoff!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:40 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
You can now download a xlsx version of your points statement on the website, great!
ffay005 and SPBanker like this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
As a Christmas gift, planning to give my family a trip to SIN. The idea was to use the Plat perk of upgrading family members for 50K, if you have a revenue J flight.

As SIN is not the easiest destination to get upgrades, went through the whole month to pick the dates. On HEL- SIN, there was not a single day with more than 2 upgrade slots (Fri-Sun/Mon are zero), while on SIN-HEL, you could find the odd day with 3-4 (the majority has 2 or none).

Picked a date combination where on the HEL-SIN there were 2 and on the SIN-HEL 3 (wanted to upgrade 3 pax). Bought my J ticket => SIN-HEL upgrade availability dropped from 3 to 2 (Don't know if it was related to me buying a ticket, or someone has actually just upgraded).

Bought the 3 Y HEL-SIN-HEL tickets and called Plat line. Really helpful girl on the other side of the line "broke up" the Y reservation into 2 (2 + 1 pax). She immediately upgraded 2 pax and put the other pax on the - by now - separate reservation on waitlist for upgrade.

Less than 30 minutes later that upgrade has cleared, too! ^

Happy customer...
ffay005, OH-LGG and SPBanker like this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Was doing LHR-HEL-LHR last week. The first flight was 1h late so missed the TLL connection. Went to the Transfer Desk 3 and they had new boarding passes waiting for us for the next flight 2h later. Smooth, proactive and efficient ^
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:57 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I arrived this morning on an A330 with nonfunctioning wifi and impolite crew. Sent them feedback around 5am, at 8am I had a 100 EUR voucher in my email. Very happy with the result.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
Originally Posted by lkrt
I arrived this morning on an A330 with nonfunctioning wifi and impolite crew. Sent them feedback around 5am, at 8am I had a 100 EUR voucher in my email. Very happy with the result.
I provide almost the same feedback a few weeks ago with the same result.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 11:40 pm

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
On a domestic flight from KAO on 6th DEC AY offered complimentary sparkling wine to celebrate Finlandī 100th Independence day.

Kudos ,AY.

(I passed the offer, but the gesture was very nice)
SPBanker likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
Very proactive and friendly staff today on AY92 from Chongqing, especially the crew based there!
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Excellent crew on AY122 DEL-HEL on 4th December in Economy Comfort. Before departure purser came to welcome me and my friend onboard with friendly handshake and very soon after take off another purser (apparently the one responsible for service in J) came to welcome us onboard as well. When he came with drinks trolley, he proactively asked if he could offer me (as Plat member) champagne or anything else I'd like to have. The first purser came for a quick chat a couple of times during the flight (it felt she did not do it because she was obliged to do it, but because she wanted to), which was very nice. When any of the crew members were going around the cabin with water bottles, they always asked if I wanted anything else as well. Just before landing another handshake from the purser, thanking us for flying with them. Great flight, the crew made us feel really welcome to fly with them.
NoWindowSeat, OH-LGG and Steve_Hun like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.