Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by nordic
Recently I had my first experience with the choices.
I was very glad to have the spicy vegetarian Indian-style (?) option. I did not recognize the appetizer. It tasted like fish but was not sure. Later I found out it was a herring mousse. I really missed the menu (the printing and fuel costs should not be that high). The dessert was three pieces of Fazer chocolate. After having had a okish meal and dessert in the lounge, it was OK. Usually I would have missed a dessert and of course a choice of two white and red wines (or even rosé in the summer season).

The cold breakfast option was rather good after having an egg dish in the lounge. A larger cup of plain yogurth and muesli was great. There were only a few slices of ham and cheese as cold-cuts. That could have been a little bit more substantial and maybe a choice of non-(ham) meat plate and a mixed plate would be ideal. Anyhow, I might order the cold breakfast in future flights as well.

On my flights the choices were different enough. As can be read in the previous posts the choices are not always well thought after. E.g. mushroom in both dishes (I wouldn't mind).

Does anyone know if the choices are the same as before but circulating more frequently or if they have introduced new dishes so that the menu could be changed as often/seldom as before. I think it would be great if one could preorder the choice of preference. On my flights everyone got their choice of preference.

It is only now that I realize that the choices were "intialaista tai kanaa (chicken)" as mentioned in a previous post.
How did you get fish if you ordered vegetarian?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by DragonSoul
How did you get fish if you ordered vegetarian?
I reckon the starter was same for everyone, OP hadn’t ordered the special vegetarian meal VLML or VGML.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by lkrt
I reckon the starter was same for everyone, OP hadn’t ordered the special vegetarian meal VLML or VGML.
yes, that is correct. The Indian vegetarian meal was just one of the two normal choices. Not available as an special meal option, but I just learnt that there are people who are lacto-ovo-pescetarians. I could live like that.
It is seems that Finnair is leaning to vegetarian meals, see eg the Schengen lounge food thread.
DragonSoul likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by nordic
yes, that is correct. The Indian vegetarian meal was just one of the two normal choices. Not available as an special meal option, but I just learnt that there are people who are lacto-ovo-pescetarians. I could live like that.
It is seems that Finnair is leaning to vegetarian meals, see eg the Schengen lounge food thread.
Thanks for clarifying.

Travelling on AY next year for the first time (HKG-HEL-KEF), and yes... I'm vegetarian (lacto-ovo) hence my interest.

Now to hunt down that thread.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: AY*PL, TK*ELPL, AF*PL, HH*Diam, MR*Plat
Cute thing happened on AY 993 today. Lovely, attentive FA. Free flowing mustikkamehu for 3,5 hours!
- FA: For the dinner we have pork or chicken.
- me: Ok the chicken sounds good.
- FA: No, I‘m saying we have „pork or chicken“, I‘m not quite sure which of the two it is. But it looks tasty...
- me: Sure, I‘ll take it! ))
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
03 Nov, AY1332, LHR-HEL

Tortellini with mushroom sauce. Delicious!

Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Am I seeing things or is there no dessert on the tray above?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 5:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Am I seeing things or is there no dessert on the tray above?
There were 3 small chocolate bonbons, but I put them away. No real desert really.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:00 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Yesterday evening from LHR to HEL in 2A. The purser came to ask before the service started whether roast or chicken. And went on to other plats similar way. Service was done in conventional order starting from row 1.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards

Earlier I posted TK’s C meal on a 55 min flight.
This is the C menu on CX for a 2,5 hrs flight, roughly the equivalent of HEL-BUD/VIE/MUC/etc

I am not into food photography, so take my word for it, it was nice. The 3 main dish options were presented ”live” to each pax, really classy touch.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I am not into food photography, so take my word for it, it was nice. The 3 main dish options were presented ”live” to each pax, really classy touch.
I'm here to your rescue Did the BKK - HKG flight two weeks ago and picked the stir fried prawns. Loved it!

BTW, from my limited experience (2 flights in J w/ them), it looks that CX is only doing the "presentation of the meals" to all pax on the A350. On the (regional) A330 they took the order like on any other airline and have delivered the meal afterwards.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
This is what I chose, too

(none serves a good rántott husi, so we'll have to put up with these )
Old Nov 19, 2017, 4:06 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
(none serves a good rántott husi, so we'll have to put up with these )
It is a tough world we are living in
Old Dec 3, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / OWE
Just had a flight DUB-HEL in J.
Find below a pic of Finnair's new delicious J-menu! And yes, it's really J ! In Y they didn't have skybistro either.
Any similar experiences lately? Crew told there's some strike in catering, which is causing this...

(
Old Dec 3, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Not a strike, but since there has been no improvements in negotiations between IAU (Aviation Workers Union) and PALTA (Service Sector Employers Union) IAU have declared an overtime ban.
This concerns at least Finnair catering, technical services and various other aviation related services.

EDIT: this is bacically a Skybistro menu and personally I would file a complaint and report back here.

Last edited by ff_flyer; Dec 3, 2017 at 1:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.