Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Special Rates! NFAF Back On! Manually This Time!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Special Rates! NFAF Back On! Manually This Time!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2010, 9:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
For example I noticed that you are going down to Turnberry, which I've been to as well, nice hotel.. In September, you can get your room as low as a benjamin plus 9 loonies..
And as I posted elsewhere I can do better with other rates.

I do know a few Fairmont staffers and would certainly go through them wherever possible rather than opt for the TB route which it seems some are understandly uneasy about given your comments on the subject. To each their own. ^
Old Aug 14, 2010, 9:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tcook052
And as I posted elsewhere I can do better with other rates.

I do know a few Fairmont staffers and would certainly go through them wherever possible rather than opt for the TB route which it seems some are understandly uneasy about given your comments on the subject. To each their own. ^
Yes, to each their own.. There is quite a few long time FTers who have taken advantage of this arrangement.. And I've received more 300 inquiries to date.. Lost count as I've had to delete my inbox twice.. This arrangement has been working for about 5 months now.. I would be uneasy too if I wern't able to take advantage of the NFAF deal knowing I could save 100's per night potentially.. This arrangement is an unique offering NFAF in the FB format.. Lots of people saving money on Fairmont bookings thru this arrangement I'm happy to report..

Edit: Update, the 4 employees networked on FB has let me know that they are willing to accept more volume, inquiries and bookings on the NFAF promo. I've asked that they make a commitment to check all quote requests on a daily basis, and the service level seems to be very good at the moment. I've also been invited to administrate the Facebook group for this deal, so PM me for a FB friends link and get connected. I've experienced first hand that this deal works great.. 42 nights at Fairmonts this year, the majority NFAF.. For those who like to take advantage of this deal in this unique way, PM for FB friends link, and you're on your way to savings.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Aug 14, 2010 at 11:17 pm Reason: Fairmont Employees update to FTers
Old Aug 15, 2010, 8:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Permission from Administrator to start a NFAF Thread on Hotel Deals

MileageAddict welcomes and approve a Manual NFAF Thread to appear on Hotel Deals. His instructions for all fters is to do our best to refrain from turning it into a debate of ethics and straying off topic. For the benefit of those who want to take advantage of this deal, I would ask the Naysayers to PM me for further discussion when possible. I've asked MileageAddict to administrate the thread if things get personal.

I just want to say that my interest on the FPC forum is to pass on deals. It is invigorating to help as many people as possible interested to save $$$ whenever possible.. I believe that this is in the Spirit of FT. I'm glad that we have been successful in testing the current format out here at FPC, and thanks to all for input and suggestions that has made this deal successful in its present format. Cheers.. you've done a great job!^^^

For those who want to take advantage of Manual NFAF, please pm me for a FB friends link!
Old Aug 15, 2010, 9:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
MileageAddict welcomes and approve a Manual NFAF Thread to appear on Hotel Deals. His instructions for all fters is to do our best to refrain from turning it into a debate of ethics and straying off topic. For the benefit of those who want to take advantage of this deal, I would ask the Naysayers to PM me for further discussion when possible. I've asked MileageAddict to administrate the thread if things get personal.
FWIW I do appreciate you taking the time to run it by a Hotel Deals forum Mod. and trust Mileage Addict's wisdom on the matter.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 3:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Is use of the Friends & Family rate considered a "qualified" stay for status purposes and can room and suite upgrade certificates be used in conjunction with these rates?
Old Aug 15, 2010, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Shenanigans
Is use of the Friends & Family rate considered a "qualified" stay for status purposes and can room and suite upgrade certificates be used in conjunction with these rates?
yes and yes
Old Aug 16, 2010, 9:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

NFAF is yes, and yes.. which makes it different from GRGD.. GRGD is sometimes cheaper, but its advanced prepaid format, and non-upgradeable, and you can only book the first week of each month, and dates are restricted. NFAF has some restrictions, but its fully cancellable based on standard hotel cancellation policies, upgradeable using FPC certs and counts towards status.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 9:57 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
NFAF is yes, and yes.. which makes it different from GRGD.. GRGD is sometimes cheaper, but its advanced prepaid format, and non-upgradeable, and you can only book the first week of each month, and dates are restricted. NFAF has some restrictions, but its fully cancellable based on standard hotel cancellation policies, upgradeable using FPC certs and counts towards status.
Awesome. Thanks.

AM, look for a series of requests on the FB link. (Yes, I buckled...)
Old Aug 16, 2010, 10:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Awesome. Thanks.

AM, look for a series of requests on the FB link. (Yes, I buckled...)
Great to help out where I can.. It's never been a war.. In the spirit of FT, its good to get a deal, and NFAF is a great tool.. Glad to see alot of people benefit!

I've sent the reply PM to you.. cheers!
Old Aug 16, 2010, 2:42 pm

I'm still not quite understand how to work on the NFAF booking, do I have to provide the credit card number for the fairmont employee to book it for the specific date and properties? By the way, I just recently registered on this forum. I would like to learn more on this issue.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 3:16 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Fully Cancelable? Are we certain?
Old Aug 16, 2010, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Fully Cancelable? Are we certain?
FAF rates usually have a 24h cancellation policy (no penalty) unless otherwise clearly specified (e.g. NYE), though FAF will likely not be available at all during special events.

Generally Id say in 99,9% you should be fine.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 3:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by singhotdeal
I'm still not quite understand how to work on the NFAF booking, do I have to provide the credit card number for the fairmont employee to book it for the specific date and properties? By the way, I just recently registered on this forum. I would like to learn more on this issue.
Welcome to FT! You do have to provide cc for the booking.. if that is a problem Private Message me for a solution.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 4:05 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
FAF rates usually have a 24h cancellation policy (no penalty) unless otherwise clearly specified (e.g. NYE), though FAF will likely not be available at all during special events.

Generally Id say in 99,9% you should be fine.
If my friend books at 10AM, I have until 10AM next day to cancel? Or upto 24 hrs before checkin?
Old Aug 16, 2010, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
If my friend books at 10AM, I have until 10AM next day to cancel? Or upto 24 hrs before checkin?
24 before check-in. Make a dummy booking on fairmont.com, choose "best available rate" and click on "rate summary" for an example.

AFAIK the FAF rate cancellation policy is always the same as the "best available rate" cancellation policy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.