Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Special Rates! NFAF Back On! Manually This Time!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Special Rates! NFAF Back On! Manually This Time!

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2010, 1:45 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I received over 100 inquiries so far.. might not be for everyone, but I don't mind doing this.. PM me to get connected as friends and get the F&F rate.
Old May 14, 2010, 2:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
The response has been stupendous.. keeps me on my toes. Its good that lots of Fters want to save $$$, doesn't hurt.

I had a question regarding the Facebook setup.. The F&F page is a Facebook page, and has privacy settings placed on the account.. only friends of friends (based on PMs received) can become a member of the Facebook page. PM me, I'll give you a link to add as friend.. and we're on our way to great savings!^
Old May 21, 2010, 2:33 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
This could be a good deal again, anyone take advantage yet? Experiences/comments?
Old May 21, 2010, 4:34 am

Programs: A3*G, AP Basic, FPC Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rkaradi
This could be a good deal again, anyone take advantage yet? Experiences/comments?
I have booked something for my friend in Vancouver for early June at the new Pacific Rim. I had already booked myself in at the Pacific Rim on NFAF before the March 31 deadline. I found out a really good friend was going to be in town the same time so my "Fairmont Friend" was kind enough to book this for him. The rate was the same as the original NFAF online promo. I'm glad that Fairmont was generous enough to extend this promo even though it is a little more hassle to book.
Old May 21, 2010, 11:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by epost77
I'm glad that Fairmont was generous enough to extend this promo even though it is a little more hassle to book.
Fairmont didn't extend this promo as this note upthread points out:

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
As Ive been getting many PMs about the FAF rate (I guess because Im taking care of the master promo thread in the Fairmont forum), I would like to post the following DISCLAIMER:

1. The NFAF promo (which was valid April 2009-March 2010) has NOT been extended.
2. There has always been a family & friends rate which has to be booked by the employer using the internal booking system. However employees are not meant to make hundreds of bookings per month. (see posts above)
3. The person running the Facebook page posted by Ancien Maestro is located in the Middle East and has no affiliation with Flyertalk. If you want him to book a room for you (at your own risk), youll have to contact him via Facebook.
4. Its up to you whether you trust this person enough to make reservations on your behalf and share your CC info. (Im not saying he isnt truthworthy, Im just saying I personally I wouldnt share my CC / personal info with someone I dont know anything about.) There also is a chance that Fairmont will stop this employer booking too many rooms.

Please be aware that any booking made through an employer you dont actually know may cause some sort of trouble. Please dont complain here if something goes wrong. Hope this answers most questions!
Old May 22, 2010, 10:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tcook052
Fairmont didn't extend this promo as this note upthread points out:
Actually, this promo is extended til December 31st, 2010. You would have to contact the original employee who you got the original booker ID from.. and they can manually do this for you. Can't book it on the Internet anymore.

If you've lost your contact, I've got contacts.. because of privacy settings, only friends can get access (hence friends and family rate).. so PM me, I'll send a link and we can hook up as friends on Facebook. Then you can get access once again to Friends and Families quotes and bookings.^
Old May 22, 2010, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Actually, this promo is extended til December 31st, 2010. You would have to contact the original employee who you got the original booker ID from.. and they can manually do this for you. Can't book it on the Internet anymore.

If you've lost your contact, I've got contacts.. because of privacy settings, only friends can get access (hence friends and family rate).. so PM me, I'll send a link and we can hook up as friends on Facebook. Then you can get access once again to Friends and Families quotes and bookings.^
I think Jasper2009 laid out the how's and why's quite well in their previous post and I do have contacts at Fairmont I would use before considering anyone on FB. This promo as it was running in its previous form wasn't extended and that was all I was trying to note to previous poster. The NFAF code was discontinued so the thread title to me is somewhat misleading and it would be more correct to call it the Friends & Family promo rate instead but that's just MHO.
Old May 22, 2010, 6:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tcook052
I think Jasper2009 laid out the how's and why's quite well in their previous post and I do have contacts at Fairmont I would use before considering anyone on FB. This promo as it was running in its previous form wasn't extended and that was all I was trying to note to previous poster. The NFAF code was discontinued so the thread title to me is somewhat misleading and it would be more correct to call it the Friends & Family promo rate instead but that's just MHO.
I would have called it the Friend and Family promo.. but the official document from Fairmont is still NFAF that is extended to December 31st, 2010, as sent out to all employees at Fairmont.. yes, you're right, it is different as it needs to be booked manually.. I have friends at Fairmont as well.. this is a nice resource, as one of my 'friends' is extending it to all members at Flyer Talk. In fact, I've had over 100 inquiries from Flyer Talk members, and definitely bookings have been happening. As I've said, PM me, I'll send you a link for FB friends, and get onto NFAF deals now!.. and no obligation free quotes!
Old May 25, 2010, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I think the only problem with the facebook friends solution, is the lag or lack of responses. I was looking a few weeks ago, it took more than a week to get a response. Then, had a request last week, still waiting for a response. I know one is in no position to complain, but it doesn't represent a viable solution into visibility of rates, availability to compare with online rates, perfectescapes, whatnot.

I think the last time I did get a rate quote, it was no better than the rates available when one did a bit of searching online.
Old May 25, 2010, 8:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nmenaker
I think the only problem with the facebook friends solution, is the lag or lack of responses. I was looking a few weeks ago, it took more than a week to get a response. Then, had a request last week, still waiting for a response. I know one is in no position to complain, but it doesn't represent a viable solution into visibility of rates, availability to compare with online rates, perfectescapes, whatnot.

I think the last time I did get a rate quote, it was no better than the rates available when one did a bit of searching online.
I'm in agreement that it may not be worth the hassle.. I've been an advocate of looking at all the packages, websites, pre-paid options, etc. What NFAF is another tool to look for rock bottom pricing. So for comparison purposes, it is a very useful, as it gives me confidence to trigger a reservation.. and know that I've got a fair rate. Note: pre-paid and some packages are sometimes a better price. But then again, some NFAF is a significant discount. I've got another contact at Fairmont, and that person takes about a week to get back to me since she's working full time too.

Anyways, for those who want to check it out. PM me, I'll send a link for Facebook friends and get you in contact with the employee.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 9:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

FTers have inquired.. I've booked first hand with this NFAF deal manually.. works good.. No risk.. but please PM me.. to get connected, I'll send a facebook friends link and instructions.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Jun 3, 2010 at 11:23 pm
Old Jun 4, 2010, 7:05 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
yeah, I've given up. Stil waiting on a request for over 10 days ago, not a functional option for me at least
Old Jun 4, 2010, 7:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nmenaker
yeah, I've given up. Stil waiting on a request for over 10 days ago, not a functional option for me at least
I've sent a message to them.. just PM me and I can follow up.. they got back to me right away overnight.. maybe they just forgot, or overlooked.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Jun 4, 2010 at 8:08 am
Old Jun 4, 2010, 9:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Nmenaker.. My contact just got back to me within an hour.. he said that he thought they replied 10 days ago.. but will double check and resend your quote rightaway.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 5:18 pm

Programs: Recovering long-time AC SE100K (currently E50K), Accor Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Ancien Maestro, the enthusiasm with which you are promoting this method of booking makes me wonder whether you are profiting from these bookings (whether through direct $ kick-backs or indirectly some other way). You needn't answer - whatever you say isn't verifiable in any case. I just want to comment that I've really never seen someone promote something so heavily who didn't stand to benefit. I don't know how many times you've boasted about having had "over 100 inquiries". I don't really understand why you feel it's necessary to repeatedly broadcast your endorsement for this so-called promotion. Anyone who reads the thread can see from the very beginning that you're a fan. When you remind the membership over and over, it very much appears that you stand to personally gain from each booking. FT is not here for marketing purposes (except for those who purchase banner ads). I would very much appreciate it if you would stop promoting this means of booking stays. We all get it - you think it's a fantastic idea. Whether we agree or not, we don't need to keep reading new posts about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.