FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club-661/)
-   -   Special Rates! NFAF Back On! Manually This Time! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club/1078241-special-rates-nfaf-back-manually-time.html)

Ancien Maestro Apr 25, 2010 10:57 pm

Special Rates! NFAF Back On! Manually This Time!

I received the following info.. I'm waiting for permission before sending you guys the link.. But apparently someone's willing to do the bookings manually for us!:cool::cool::cool:

All employees will get the kickback.. but this has to be done via the employee phoning reservations on your behalf!
__________________________________________________ ___________

FAIRMONT HOTELS - Very Low Room Rates for "Friends & Family”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts has an incredible offer right now until the end of 2010. Their special hotel rates that were offered to only employees are now available to all friends & families.

Join our Group for more Details:
__________________________________________________ ___________

Stay Tuned for more Details! Jasper2009, if you can link this to the sticky.. Cross your fingers.. hopefully the floodgates open!^

scotomata Apr 25, 2010 11:35 pm

I would first like to say thank you for all the information about this promo. We used the NFAF for San Francisco in January and very much enjoyed our stay.
I do now have a few questions. How do you find out whether the rate is available? How do you find the rate? Is the Swisshotel also participating?
Lastly how do you get this rate?

Ancien Maestro Apr 26, 2010 12:37 am

Originally Posted by scotomata (Post 13843106)
I would first like to say thank you for all the information about this promo. We used the NFAF for San Francisco in January and very much enjoyed our stay.
I do now have a few questions. How do you find out whether the rate is available? How do you find the rate? Is the Swisshotel also participating?
Lastly how do you get this rate?

I'm just waiting for the reply.. The guy running the public site told me not to be afraid of giving it to everyone I know and pass it along, he'll do the manual booking.. The same parameters when the Internet code was being passed around.. Now its done manually.. so just waiting for a reply.

Apparently this site looks Fairmont official.. but I don't want to break any rules.. If you're itching, PM and I'll give you the link.^ .. that way its' not mass public:rolleyes:

AndyTLe Apr 26, 2010 6:12 am

There has always been a Friends and Family program where the Fairmont employee books the reservation.

Ancien Maestro Apr 26, 2010 9:49 am

Just got PMed 10 times overnight.. can't handle it.. so here's the link.

Edited: Just PM me!

Jasper2009 Apr 26, 2010 10:57 am

Disclaimer

As Iīve been getting many PMs about the FAF rate (I guess because Iīm taking care of the master promo thread in the Fairmont forum), I would like to post the following DISCLAIMER:

1. The NFAF promo (which was valid April 2009-March 2010) has NOT been extended.
2. There has always been a family & friends rate which has to be booked by the employer using the internal booking system. However employees are not meant to make hundreds of bookings per month. (see posts above)
3. The person running the Facebook page posted by Ancien Maestro is located in the Middle East and has no affiliation with Flyertalk. If you want him to book a room for you (at your own risk), youīll have to contact him via Facebook.
4. Itīs up to you whether you trust this person enough to make reservations on your behalf and share your CC info. (Iīm not saying he isnīt truthworthy, Iīm just saying I personally I wouldnīt share my CC / personal info with someone I donīt know anything about.) There also is a chance that Fairmont will stop this employer booking too many rooms.

Please be aware that any booking made through an employer you donīt actually know may cause some sort of trouble. Please donīt complain here if something goes wrong. Hope this answers most questions!

Ancien Maestro Apr 26, 2010 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009 (Post 13845568)
As Iīve been getting many PMs about the FAF rate (I guess because Iīm taking care of the master promo thread in the Fairmont forum), I would like to post the following DISCLAIMER:

1. The NFAF promo (which was valid April 2009-March 2010) has NOT been extended.
2. There has always been a family & friends rate which has to be booked by the employer using the internal booking system. However employees are not meant to make hundreds of bookings per month. (see posts above)
3. The person running the Facebook page posted by Ancien Maestro is located in the Middle East and has no affiliation with Flyertalk. If you want him to book a room for you (at your own risk), youīll have to contact him via Facebook.
4. Itīs up to you whether you trust this person enough to make reservations on your behalf and share your CC info. (Iīm not saying he isnīt truthworthy, Iīm just saying I personally I wouldnīt share my CC / personal info with someone I donīt know anything about.) There also is a chance that Fairmont will stop this employer booking too many rooms.

Please be aware that any booking made through an employer you donīt actually know may cause some sort of trouble. Please donīt complain here if something goes wrong. Hope this answers most questions!

Hi Jasper2009.. can you tell nyx.t2t to delete the link off his reply on my post in the NFAF thread. We've got to keep it sustainable.. I'll handle the PMs.

Anyways agree with the above by Jasper 2009.. Only provide FPC# and maybe if needed the last 4 digits of your CC.. Maybe its' worth paying the $100 to $400+ per night to avoid the hassle.. Your guys call.

Jasper2009 Apr 26, 2010 11:31 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro (Post 13845777)
Anyways agree with the above by Jasper 2009.. Only provide FPC# and maybe if needed the last 4 digits of your CC.. Maybe its' worth paying the $100 to $400+ per night to avoid the hassle.. Your guys call.

Providing your FPC# is not sufficient when booking online. The internal employee booking system and the FPC profiles are not linked, so the employee needs all info including your CC info, address etc..
The only way this may work is when the employee phones the internal reservations hotline, as the res desk would likely be able to access / link the FPC profiles.

CanuckFlyer Apr 26, 2010 2:33 pm

I dunno, is it just me or does this feel ... uncomfortable?

If a FAF rate is intended for friends & family, I just don't feel right getting a stranger I've never met make a booking for me from the other side of the earth. If I was acquainted with this person, I might feel differently. But I think my integrity is worth more than the $ it'll cost me to make a legit reservation using only those promotions I'm legitimately entitled to. Sorry to be a prude. This just doesn't feel right.

canolakid Apr 26, 2010 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyer (Post 13847055)
Sorry to be a prude.

more like PRUDEnt... a link to a facebook page where one would be expected to provide credit card number is a complete no go in my opinion, regardless of the scale of the potential deal.

Ancien Maestro Apr 26, 2010 6:13 pm

OK.. to keep it legit, only friends and family gets this deal.. so PM me, add me as friend, go to the Group on my Facebook Page that has Fairmont Hotel and Resorts official Facebook place where my family and friends get connected.

All of this online nonsense is nonsensical (is this a word, I'm not great at english). My FPC contacts have only used my FPC# to book for me, and they call into reservations to get it done.

Anyways, anyone can PM me to connect as friends and take advantage of the deal.^

Ancien Maestro Apr 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Great to see some people already getting some reservations completed.. Check out the Summer Sale too!

Ancien Maestro Apr 29, 2010 10:55 am

Privacy status has changed on the FAF page.. Some people have also told me this is the case, that can't find the site. PM me, we'll add as friends, and you'll get the link. Anyone can PM me if interested!

Expect up to a one day response for any FAF inquiries. Great to see a lot of people taking advantage!

Ancien Maestro May 1, 2010 10:12 am

Per above.. check out all package rates for each hotel, as well as the friends and family rates. While F&F provides a great rate that is cancellable, hotels often offer a package that may match and beat the rate with services such as parking, massages, breakfast, etc.

I'm glad a lot of FTers is getting some benefit out of this.. please take the time to enjoy the special moments.. check the rates out.. no obligation, that's the best part!

llbean May 3, 2010 6:31 am

edited for error- mod please remove this post