FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club-661/)
-   -   Special Rates! NFAF Back On! Manually This Time! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/fairmont-fairmont-presidents-club/1078241-special-rates-nfaf-back-manually-time.html)

Ancien Maestro Jul 8, 2010 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by damaxer91 (Post 14265118)
Any way to still obtain this rate?

You can PM me for link as friends on Facebook. I've got a few contacts who are employees who are still willing to do this for my personal FTer friends through Facebook.

Edit Again: Status of group changed back to secret status. Meanwhile while we sort this out.. I've got FB contacts that are willing to book.

alc16 Jul 16, 2010 7:26 pm

Has anyone here used the FB group to book their stay successfully yet?
There doesn't seem to be anyway to send messages directly to the admin on that page so i'm reluctant to be a guinea pig!

Ancien Maestro Jul 16, 2010 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by alc16 (Post 14313755)
Has anyone here used the FB group to book their stay successfully yet?
There doesn't seem to be anyway to send messages directly to the admin on that page so i'm reluctant to be a guinea pig!

I've personally booked the FB group myself just for the purpose of making sure it works.. I booked the Banff Springs Canada Day Long Weekend.. Personal friends that I know of on FB have joined this group and used this successfully and completed stays happily.. one of my friends, she is a psychologist and booked a couple rooms herself.

The concern is with the cc.. there is a way around that I've been communicating to Fters, to take the risk out of it.. I do have three other contacts through FB willing to book for Fters as well.

As an update, I've received more than 250 inquiries.. as a reminder, I'm not an employee of Fairmont, so the names and contacts I'm referring Fters to, will take some time to process and complete reservations.. please be patient with the process, and you will be happy.^

For those interested, PM me and I'll send a link to connect as FB friends.. and you'll be able to get NFAF.

alc16 Jul 16, 2010 9:22 pm

Thanks - I was just wondering if anyone here had used it and what their feedback is.

mirobatka Jul 17, 2010 5:22 pm

Stayed at the Southampton this past weekend with the help of Ancien Maestro. Booking was easy via email/FB, no problem at the hotel. The rate was great for the location and overall it was an excellent stay. Thank you very much, Ancien Maestro.

AMRivlin Jul 30, 2010 11:01 am

This worked just fine. Thanks! Do you happen to know if these FAF stays count towards status? NFAF did.

quank Jul 30, 2010 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by AMRivlin (Post 14393048)
This worked just fine. Thanks! Do you happen to know if these FAF stays count towards status? NFAF did.

Yes all of these FAF stays count towards Premier and Platinum qualification

Ancien Maestro Jul 31, 2010 8:38 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin (Post 14393048)

We did 42 nights, good portion in NFAF.. all of them counted towards status, and upgrades can be applied upon availability.:cool:

AMRivlin Jul 31, 2010 10:36 am

I did 13 NFAF last year. 42! that is a lot of nights in a hotel. I know my boss does 100 while on the road, but 42 in a Fairmont is difficult, as they are specific in location.

Ancien Maestro Jul 31, 2010 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by AMRivlin (Post 14397977)
I did 13 NFAF last year. 42! that is a lot of nights in a hotel. I know my boss does 100 while on the road, but 42 in a Fairmont is difficult, as they are specific in location.

Pretty easy when paying Best Western rates, and getting upgraded to suites.. We have a now 7 month old.. but when we arrive at a place, we aren't moving for awhile because its' a lot of work to pack. Low rates, room enough to move, makes it easy to stay at Fairmonts for us.

22 nights in Big Island/Maui.. 10 nights in a spa suite..:cool:

Get connected FB NFAF.. just PM me for FB friends link.. and get connected, currently have 4 employee contacts.^

Kokinos,, BTW tried to text you because I know you're down in Vancouver.. Pac Rim the dates I checked from $169 pn Fairmont Standard.. don't know if still there, but if you want to book check out F&F NFAF on my FB site wall.

Any Fairmont employees who want to join FB friend network to supplement book, PM me for FB friend link as well.

globaltrotter Aug 2, 2010 6:03 pm

What would the FAF rate be for the Fairmont Sonoma Inn for Sept 1st (1 night)? Thanks!

skywalkerLAX Aug 2, 2010 7:41 pm

Woohooo !! :)^

Ancien Maestro Aug 3, 2010 2:14 pm

I'm starting to see accelerated momentum with bookings.. and some legitimacy is setting in to this method of manual bookings NFAF.. this thread began with some criticism by naysayers. This deal is all but dead.. FTers with knowledge seem to find ways to still book this often exceptional deal.

For example.. Pacific Rim and Santa Monica.. I often can't find a loss leader as good as NFAF. So some hotels are relying on NFAF to fill the voids on rooms not filled with Retail sales.. while other hotels such as Banff, Chateau Lake Louise, Orchid, etc offer package deals that are often better than NFAF. NFAF is a tool in the box..

Any objections if I start a thread on Hotel Deals? The last thread got over a quarter million views.. I would like to discuss this avenue before beginning this thread for the general public. Thanks to all for the support and encouragement moving this avenue of discount forward.. it has been a great success.^

levanta Aug 3, 2010 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro (Post 14416192)
http://bodybuilderspro.info/pictures...818/random.gifI'm starting to see accelerated momentum with bookings.. and some legitimacy is setting in to this method of manual bookings NFAF.. this thread began with some criticism by naysayers. This deal is all but dead.. FTers with knowledge seem to find ways to still book this often exceptional deal.

For example.. Pacific Rim and Santa Monica.. I often can't find a loss leader as good as NFAF. So some hotels are relying on NFAF to fill the voids on rooms not filled with Retail sales.. while other hotels such as Banff, Chateau Lake Louise, Orchid, etc offer package deals that are often better than NFAF. NFAF is a tool in the box..

Any objections if I start a thread on Hotel Deals? The last thread got over a quarter million views.. I would like to discuss this avenue before beginning this thread for the general public. Thanks to all for the support and encouragement moving this avenue of discount forward.. it has been a great success.^

MIght not be a bad idea, this might have some legs after all.

tcook052 Aug 3, 2010 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro (Post 14416192)

This naysayer would suggest first running it by one of the Hotel Deals Mod.'s, MileageAddict or jpdx as it's not a publicly available deal that FTers can book themselves. Just MHO...