Frequent Traveler University (FTU) Events [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frequent Traveler University (FTU) Events [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 3:37 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
True, i would have appreciated a session as a theme: VS/versus
The FFP's of Skyteam/Star/1world compared pro/con usable as a Dutch resident: earn/burn/churn/match/YQ/blackout etc....

Looking at the programme it is seems more a vocal manual for miles&more and executive club, shame though that Lucky won't be there but i can understand that flying a380 first class around the world for his dad's is quite an experience and 1 time event.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 5:19 am

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
@HadesNL, Lucky's sessions have always been awesome and more importantly, informative. He has been planning that round the world trip for roughly a year now so I can understand that will take precedence.
I'd like to fly La Premiere at some point so I was hoping to learn more about Flying Blue at the conference. I feel I know the basics having flown a lot of skyteam airlines this year to reach FB silver. Either way, I'm sure I'll learn a lot of new things, especially on BA Exec Club and LH Miles & More.
Are you guys bringing your laptops?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by HadesNL
Besides an attractive girl being an attention getter/holding, i'm always interested if there are female milleage junkies too
I recommend you read, or just browse, The Miles Professor. Having met her, she is actually a very nice person as well!
Old Nov 18, 2014, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
I recommend you read, or just browse, The Miles Professor. Having met her, she is actually a very nice person as well!
The Miles Professor is awesome! I think she's more of an MSer than a mileage junkie though. Regardless, she's incredibly smart, attractive, and kind as well!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:47 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by trigleek
@HadesNL, Lucky's sessions have always been awesome and more importantly, informative. He has been planning that round the world trip for roughly a year now so I can understand that will take precedence.
I'd like to fly La Premiere at some point so I was hoping to learn more about Flying Blue at the conference. I feel I know the basics having flown a lot of skyteam airlines this year to reach FB silver. Either way, I'm sure I'll learn a lot of new things, especially on BA Exec Club and LH Miles & More.
Are you guys bringing your laptops?
I agree, vis-a-vis Flying Blue. Unfortunately my expertise is Delta; and as a person based in Amsterdam I still feel that Delta is the better program in comparison to Flying Blue. I'm also a bit "La Première" obsessed; but there is a way to get the ground experience without the air (I'll try to cover that in the session). In addition, there is the AMEX "deal" that gives a free match of a companion/friend to FB Platinum. I plan on incorporating some of those things into the discussion (but mostly the AMEX-NL discussion).

I guess, we all have to pick our SkyTeam poison, so, like everyone, I have my bias. But, I still believe, that even with the 2015 SkyMiles changes; it's still a better program than FB (especially now, with the one-way award redemptions).

Cheers! -- Michael
@baccarat_guy
Old Nov 20, 2014, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by baccarat_king

I guess, we all have to pick our SkyTeam poison, so, like everyone, I have my bias. But, I still believe, that even with the 2015 SkyMiles changes; it's still a better program than FB (especially now, with the one-way award redemptions).

Cheers! -- Michael
@baccarat_guy
Unfortunate? I think that's awesome you're a Delta flyer based in AMS! Knowledge is power and I look forward learning more about skyteam and overall miles/points this weekend in Amsterdam. Since I am a VS flyer, I barely know anything about BA.

Most of my domestic flights this year has been on Delta and I'll admit I've missed skyteam. I used to be most familiar with skyteam back when Continental was part of that alliance. Ah the good 'ol days.

I leave NYC tonight and look forward meeting you and others at AMS this weekend!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 7:39 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by trigleek
Unfortunate? I think that's awesome you're a Delta flyer based in AMS! Knowledge is power and I look forward learning more about skyteam and overall miles/points this weekend in Amsterdam. Since I am a VS flyer, I barely know anything about BA.

Most of my domestic flights this year has been on Delta and I'll admit I've missed skyteam. I used to be most familiar with skyteam back when Continental was part of that alliance. Ah the good 'ol days.

I leave NYC tonight and look forward meeting you and others at AMS this weekend!
The "unfortunate" is a bit tongue-in-cheek. I'm just so used to all the SkyTeam/Delta bashing. It wears you out, LOL. Very happy with Delta. This weekend is going to be a great time.

BTW, the VS lounge (clubhouse) at terminal 3 LHR totally rocks. Was there for the first time last week, since Delta is now operating LHR-BOS out of terminal 3. It's a bit of a pain transferring terminal 4 to terminal 3 (AMS-LHR-BOS), but that lounge is so worth it.

My main focus is on comparing FB to the Delta SkyMiles; since a lot of people in the Netherlands, immediately feel they have to be a part of FB. I am in shock, when I run into people who didn't realize they had a choice.

Safe travels, trigleek!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:42 pm

DC FTU ticket

I have a ticket for DC FTU 12/5 (not advanced) that i can't use. I'll sell it for $125 & pay the transfer. Also Hyatt Reso for Fri-Sat.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:30 pm

FTU Advanced Ticket

😥 Plans changed, so I have an extra ticket for DC FTU advanced. Please PM or reply to this post if interested. I also have a Hyatt Reservation that I could transfer, if that's possible.
Thanks!!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:22 pm

The event schedules have now been released:

FTU: http://ftuniversity.com/schedule/?event_id=545

FTU Advanced: http://ftuniversity.com/schedule/?event_id=549
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:54 am

FTU DC Advanced -- one ticket for sale

One advanced ticket for sale. Unfortunately can't make it due to travel. Message me if interested.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 8:06 pm

Need Help on Award Flights for FTU

Hello All,

Are you able to help me with this itinerary for FTU below? If not, if you can lead me to the right direction, I could do the leg work. I'd really appreciate it.

One way/Round trip: Best way
Non-stop/Maximum stops/Any: Any
To: DCA or most time efficient and cost effective
Departure dates: 12/4 evening or 12/5
Return airports: LAX, LGB, SNA
Return dates: 12/7 or 12/8
Class: Any cheapest
Seats: 2
Alliance/Airline: Any
I have a Citi Exec, UMPE, Amex Delta Gold, BA, Amex Plat as far as possible status goes.
I also have (as of 11/28):
107,337 AA
175,925 UR
71,980 BA
76,559 MR
11,524 SPG
32,141 Delta Miles

Found paid flights for $333 with Frontier which is way too much for just 3 days. Please help! Just got my tickets a couple of days ago. TIA
Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:29 pm

Just a quick note that the room block closes on Sunday, so if you need to book a room now is the time to do it: https://aws.passkey.com/g/32115140

You can always cancel it later, but you can't book after Sunday.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 11:02 am

Edit: Sold

Last edited by willhernandez; Dec 3, 2014 at 7:26 am
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
One ticket for sale for next weekend's FTU Advanced in DC. PM if interested. I'll pay the transfer fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.