Old Nov 30, 2014, 8:47 pm

Wanted: 1 FTU Advanced DC ticket

Please PM me with price
Old Dec 1, 2014, 5:52 pm

Looking for 1 advanced ticket

PM me if you have a ticket to spare. THX
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by rehoult
Yeah, that's not cool. It's not like we pay for X amount of booze and use it until it's gone. The hotel counts the number of people at each meal and cocktail event and bills us based on that. So if you sneak 5 people in, we get a bill for 5 more people.

Given that, we do check for name badges and we will ask you to leave if you don't have one.
Is the registration desk located just before entering the designated "holiday party" room? Will a digital copy of the ticket and matching photo ID suffice or is a printed ticket needed?

What does the Friday night party involve? Is it basically a meet and greet with drinks and light snacks for registered attendees or will there be some speakers or booths setup that night too? Should one plan to eat prior to the event or will there be sufficient food for munching during the event if one has modest expectations? Will the registration desk remain open even if a person arrives slightly late to the party?

Is there any chance that a program will be available with more of an overview of each session instead of just the titles shown on ftuniversity.com? It is a bit difficult to determine a general overview of some sessions just by the title alone.

Are any events capacity controlled or is there room for everyone for all sessions? When do you expect the formally scheduled event to conclude Saturday and Sunday evenings? How about the Friday night party? Are the rooms left open for informal networking after the last daily sessions conclude or does Hyatt close the rooms at a preset time each evening, ushering everyone away?

Sorry for all the questions but there seems to be limited specific, detailed info on the FTU website and I'm sure many other people wonder some of these same things that will benefit by seeing replies here. The primary contact for the event listed everywhere for FTU doesn't reply to non-ticket related questions it doesn't seem. There doesn't seem to be an alternative "info please" contact either that I've found. Any help or additional info is appreciated by me and countless other attendees I would imagine who would like to have more information before the event commences.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by luv2fly4free
Is the registration desk located just before entering the designated "holiday party" room? Will a digital copy of the ticket and matching photo ID suffice or is a printed ticket needed?
@:-) Digital and ID is fine.

What does the Friday night party involve? Is it basically a meet and greet with drinks and light snacks for registered attendees or will there be some speakers or booths setup that night too? Should one plan to eat prior to the event or will there be sufficient food for munching during the event if one has modest expectations? Will the registration desk remain open even if a person arrives slightly late to the party?
@:-) Registration will be open from 30 minutes before the party until the end of it at 8:00. It will be a meet and greet with attendees, speakers and staff but no formal program. There are waiter passed snacks and drinks, but it's not a full meal.

Is there any chance that a program will be available with more of an overview of each session instead of just the titles shown on ftuniversity.com? It is a bit difficult to determine a general overview of some sessions just by the title alone.
@:-) Click on the session name and it should give you more details.

Are any events capacity controlled or is there room for everyone for all sessions? When do you expect the formally scheduled event to conclude Saturday and Sunday evenings? How about the Friday night party? Are the rooms left open for informal networking after the last daily sessions conclude or does Hyatt close the rooms at a preset time each evening, ushering everyone away?
@:-) We expect everyone will be able to fit into any session they want, but there is a small chance we guess wrong on a session's popularity and that it ends up full.

Sorry for all the questions but there seems to be limited specific, detailed info on the FTU website and I'm sure many other people wonder some of these same things that will benefit by seeing replies here. The primary contact for the event listed everywhere for FTU doesn't reply to non-ticket related questions it doesn't seem. There doesn't seem to be an alternative "info please" contact either that I've found. Any help or additional info is appreciated by me and countless other attendees I would imagine who would like to have more information before the event commences.
Sorry for the short reply, just boarding my flight to DCA now.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
I'll be heading to DCA this afternoon for FTU Advanced. Look forward to meeting all of you!!
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:06 am

If I can recall correctly, didn't the advanced tickets also include a open bar cocktail reception on the rooftop bar or something like that? Did that recently get merged with the general 'holiday party'?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by jona970318
If I can recall correctly, didn't the advanced tickets also include a open bar cocktail reception on the rooftop bar or something like that? Did that recently get merged with the general 'holiday party'?
You are correct on both counts. We got many comments from attendees about wanting to drink with their friends, regardless of what event they were attending. We worked with the hotel to come up with a solution, which is: combined event with drink tickets for FTU attendees and wristbands for FTUA attendees that allow open bar privledges.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 12:40 pm

Holiday Party Question

I am registered for the event, can I bring a friend who is not registered to the party tonight? I get she can't attend the seminar - but unless the party is in a ballroom I don't see why she can't attend with me
Old Dec 7, 2014, 8:23 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
So how'd it go!?

My wife made plans to meet friends at O'Sullivan's in Clarendon Friday night, so my Lobbibar DO was a no-go.

This is the only presentation I could find online and it's pretty....remedial. http://rapidtravelchai.boardingarea....4-rental-cars/
Old Dec 8, 2014, 11:52 am
Suspended

I heard this event was pretty bad. A few reports of people asking for refunds.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:56 pm

In short, it was very mediocre
Old Dec 8, 2014, 6:52 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by pricesquire
I heard this event was pretty bad. A few reports of people asking for refunds.
Originally Posted by jona970318
In short, it was very mediocre
Sorry to hear that.

I went to see what folks were saying about it on the MilePoint thread, and it is literally radio silence there, and only 46 posts withe the most recent being from September 30.

Even went to look at the BoardingArea main page for reports. Other than the RTChai above and this one: http://rapidtravelchai.boardingarea....tional-travel/ I couldn't find anything about how it went. Although Lucky DID report on a 'furry convention' he saw in Chicago.

Nothing on USAToday.com that I can find, either.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Wow. The silence is deafening. I thought this was supposed to be the largest gathering ever of FF enthusiasts. You'd think there would be at least a little info on it whether it be good, bad or indifferent.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Hate to not hear some reports...but if one gets nothing out of these events, they must not be paying much attention.

After many years I still pick up a few pointers, for this game us ever changing, and even the motivation of meeting others can be a real game changer.

Sometime attendees just go home and digest the info.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 4:00 pm
Suspended

Again, heard it was terrible.

I know someone who asked for a refund - and it was provided. From what he told me, he wasn't the only one wanting a refund.

He said the crowd was ignorant towards the hobby. Someone asked "how many people here know who TPG is" and about 30% raised their hand.

Also said the topics discussed were amateur bordering on inane.

What does that mean? Who the hell knows. Just some anecdotal info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.