Reload this Page >

Frequent Traveler University (FTU) Events [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frequent Traveler University (FTU) Events [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club
I have an extra ticket for the sold out FTU Advanced Dallas Sept 25th. I cannot attend and need to get this sold. I will pay the transfer fee. Please PM me if you want it!
Old Sep 19, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by thehowieee
I have a ticket for FTU Dallas - Friday Sept 25th through Sunday Sept 27th (http://ftuniversity.com/events/ftu-a...eptember-2015/) and am looking to transfer to someone else.

List price on the ticket is $249 -- Selling for $200 and I'll also pay the $25 transfer fee. PM if interested.
Bump. I still have a ticket: $150 -- I'll pay the transfer fee.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Where's the post on FTU Oslo?

I got an e-mail about FTU Oslo, but I did a site search on Flyertalk.com and found nothing (except the Airline Code List).

Why is there nobody talking about it?

It interests me because I was planning on going to the Chicago Seminars that same weekend (17-October), but I happen to be flying in from Oslo for a work trip. Anybody have an opinion on whether I should just stay in Oslo for the weekend or stick with my plan for Chicago?

Notes:
- I need 4 more nights to qualify for Hyatt Diamond; No Hyatt in Oslo
- Work pays for flight home to Ohio, so no cost difference
- I don't use non-US airlines very often
- I've never been to Oslo, so it would give me the chance to sightsee.

The convenience and experience of staying in Oslo are definite plusses, but I'm guessing a European-based conference won't be worth the money for me, plus Chicago seminars give me a lot of insight on MS in the US. What do you guys think?
Old Sep 20, 2015, 11:37 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
I'd have posted about it if I'd heard about it. I hadn't.

Then again, i am not in the target audience for an FTU, much less one in Oslo.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 12:20 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
Probably because FTU is not a FlyerTalk initiative. You can read about it here.

https://ftuniversity.com/events/ftu-oslo/
Old Sep 20, 2015, 4:55 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
I got an e-mail about FTU Oslo, but I did a site search on Flyertalk.com and found nothing (except the Airline Code List).

It interests me because I was planning on going to the Chicago Seminars that same weekend (17-October), but I happen to be flying in from Oslo for a work trip. Anybody have an opinion on whether I should just stay in Oslo for the weekend or stick with my plan for Chicago?

Notes:
- I need 4 more nights to qualify for Hyatt Diamond; No Hyatt in Oslo
- Work pays for flight home to Ohio, so no cost difference
- I don't use non-US airlines very often
- I've never been to Oslo, so it would give me the chance to sightsee.

The convenience and experience of staying in Oslo are definite plusses, but I'm guessing a European-based conference won't be worth the money for me, plus Chicago seminars give me a lot of insight on MS in the US. What do you guys think?
The only one of these kinds of events that I've been to so far was Chicago a few years ago (2011 maybe?). I enjoyed it, some sessions were better than others, though probably got more out of the sidebar conversations than anything. I've considered giving Chicago another try but this year won't work with my schedule.

Looking at the Oslo speaker lineup, it seems like it might be centered more on European based folks - but that's just my guess. I'd probably err on the side of Chicago.

Will you otherwise have opportunity to get your remaining Hyatt nights? I know there isn't much chance to mattress run in Dayton if a run was your last resort.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 5:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Oslo is a very expensive place to be in, I would not divert there just because of an FTU. Pick an event closer to home... there is travelcon, FTR, FTU, chicago etc.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:18 am

Dallas Advanced FTU ticket for sale cheap!

Sudden family situation prevents my attendance. I will sell for $75 or best offer, and I will pay the transfer fee. Please let me know ASAP!
Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:08 pm

Bump - OK, I'm down to $50 -

$25 for the transfer fee, leaving me $25. Any takers?
Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: ??????????
Ok. Free ticket, you pay the transfer fee ($25) AND I'll name my first born child after you ... or Chalupa Batman. Your pick.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Most of the FTU events don't leave much time for sightseeing. Plus, a lot of the benefit derives from the informal interactions with other participants, so one wants to stay in the hotel being used for the event and then generally hang out around that hotel rather than running off to play tourist by yourself.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 1:08 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by 84fiero
Looking at the Oslo speaker lineup, it seems like it might be centered more on European based folks - but that's just my guess.
Yes, I do believe that is the focus; as are most of the planned European events.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Most of the FTU events don't leave much time for sightseeing. Plus, a lot of the benefit derives from the informal interactions with other participants, so one wants to stay in the hotel being used for the event and then generally hang out around that hotel rather than running off to play tourist by yourself.
Yep. And, there were significantly good deals to be had to this hotel venue.

- Weekend offer for Gold Members of Club Carlson
- Book 1 night at a qualified rate and get 1 night for free
- Dates must be consecutive and include a Friday, Saturday or Sunday
- Earn Gold Points with this rate
16 October 2015 1,005.00
17 October 2015 0.00

Estimated Fees*: 0.00 NOK
Estimated Taxes*: 0.00 NOK
Estimated Total Price*: 1,005.00 NOK
Not bad for 2 nights, IMHO.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:27 am

FTUA December in Newport Beach

Was looking at the line up of speakers this morning.

– Matthew Klint (Live and Let’s Fly): Hey! I know that guy from bad OMNI! ^
– Stefan Krasowski (Rapid Travel Chai): Another solid choice.
– Tahsir Ahsan (Bengali Miles Guru): Who? From what?
– Greg Davis-Kean (Frequent Miler): Solid choice.
– Omar Zaman (Travel Summary): Who? From what?
– Jamie Larounis (The Forward Cabin): The plagiarizer fraud-encourager.
– Melinda Danielsen (Magic of Miles): Tommy's wife moves from reg desk to speaker's podium. ^
– Tiffany Funk (One Mile at a Time): I guess Ben's busy driving a Ford?

I won't call this 'the B team,' but not a 'Titan' (as gpapadop would say) among them? At an FTU ADVANCED?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kokonutz
– Tahsir Ahsan (Bengali Miles Guru): Who? From what?
You're just showing your ignorance here. Absolutely belongs in a top tier speaker list.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
You're just showing your ignorance here. Absolutely belongs in a top tier speaker list.
My Thought Leaderyness is, like all gratuitous self-proclaimed titles, subject to gratuitous refutation! ^

Is Bengali Miles Guru a TITAN?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.