Please tell me, are there really people out there willing to travel to
and pay for that Seriously?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
What a lineup!!! Only $250

Please tell me, are there really people out there willing to travel to
and pay for that Seriously?
I know. The best stuff out there is on FT and all it takes is some searching. I wonder what other MS outlet will collapse by the time Apr 29 comes along. It could be a very quiet FTU. As the affiliate links dry up and the ability to churn and MS gets harder I think these type of events will lose whatever value they have, even to newbies.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Nah, all cards may vanish, so sign up nooooooow!

Originally Posted by MMS
Considering Chase Airline or Hotel Cards? You Might Want to Apply Soon Because the Rules May Soon Change!
Old Feb 16, 2016, 10:50 am

I considered going mostly to meet other folks involved the same kind of insanity. I'm sure this is more fun than educational if you've been in the points and miles hobby for more than a few months.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:53 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
I considered going mostly to meet other folks involved the same kind of insanity. I'm sure this is more fun than educational if you've been in the points and miles hobby for more than a few months.
If you are anything more than a noob consider going to a FlyerTalk Do instead: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/

You'll learn more, have more fun and pay only for what you use rather than paying for lots of other people's travel expenses. @:-)
Old Feb 16, 2016, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz
If you are anything more than a noob consider going to a FlyerTalk Do instead: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/

You'll learn more, have more fun and pay only for what you use rather than paying for lots of other people's travel expenses. @:-)
I didnt even know about that forum. Thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:38 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
I didnt even know about that forum. Thanks!
My pleasure. Now won't you sign up for one of my affiliate credit cards!? Because I do it all for the love of the hobby and helping people!
Old Feb 21, 2016, 5:15 pm

Does anyone know at what level is the FTU Signature targeted at? I went for an FTU Advanced it wasn't all that "advanced". I hate to hang out with the Basic crowd... LOL. So where does Signature compare to FTU Basic and FTU Advanced?
Old Feb 21, 2016, 7:59 pm

deleted

Last edited by ashishsg; Feb 23, 2016 at 9:03 pm
Old Feb 23, 2016, 5:55 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by kokonutz

I think the social aspect of DOs are great. I think the social aspects of FTUs are great. I also believe that a full two days of different sessions (at an FTU) is not exactly equivalent to a "one-off" DO. I believe FTUs have have a lot of value, especially for beginners. (FYI, the schedule is up for this FTU; listed under the event)
Old Feb 23, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Does anyone know at what level is the FTU Signature targeted at? I went for an FTU Advanced it wasn't all that "advanced". I hate to hang out with the Basic crowd... LOL. So where does Signature compare to FTU Basic and FTU Advanced?
It's basically a "bit" of both. The schedule is up for this FTU; so you can judge for yourself. I would say if you are "advanced" you would need to look at the sessions closely. The MS Workshop has a lot of more targeted advanced (of course, about MS) information, unfortunately that is now sold-out.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:29 pm
HGF

Programs: AA EXP
edit: My ticket has been sold

Last edited by HGF; Mar 15, 2016 at 12:37 pm
Old Feb 28, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Why is this being held at such a poor location- the D (is for Dump)?
There are plenty of hotels that are either part of major chains or are affiliates of chains where one can earn points.
Such a poor choice tells me all I need to know about this event.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 8:54 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
There are plenty of hotels that are either part of major chains or are affiliates of chains where one can earn points.
I didn't even pay attention to where it was as I have no interest. I just looked and I agree, the Fremont street area, for all they try, is like putting lipstick on a pig. Yeah, poor choice.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Poor location in relation to?

Room rates. Vegas room rates are expensive on weekends. Since it's a full weekend program, many desire to stay at the host hotel. Considering the hotel has just been renovated (including the conference facilities) also was a consideration. Without a doubt, this hotel property has a room product that is nicer than the vast majority of 3*/4* airport hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.