Reload this Page >

Frequent Traveler University (FTU) Events [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frequent Traveler University (FTU) Events [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Exclamation

[QUOTE=DeltaWings;23799191]Anyone with a ticket to either FTU or FTUA available for sale? Had booked my flights expecting a previous seller to come through, but that fell apart.

Cheers,[/QUOTE

Most sellers expect to be paid, not receive two weeks of excuses for non payments

And now you want people to believe you booked a flight.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
Hey, anybody have the scoop on the social event on Friday evening? Can I invite friends to this, or is there food, etc covered by registration fee? I plan to crash at this guy's place on Friday and it would make me feel less of a doosh [sic] if I could invite him and not just show up at his house at midnight.

I have been to quite a few of these things, you can crash it yourself, you do not even need to buy a ticket.

Even planers trust most people and expect them to be honest.

You do meet some nice oeople,

It is always best to stay at the host hotel, you seem to meet more people, and able to attend more meetings.

I do notice a lot of extra people seem to show up at meal time, just like most events.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Originally Posted by satman40
I have been to quite a few of these things, you can crash it yourself, you do not even need to buy a ticket.

You do meet some nice oeople,

It is always best to stay at the host hotel, you seem to meet more people, and able to attend more meetings.

I do notice a lot of extra people seem to show up at meal time, just like most events.
Ok, cool. Thanks. No, I don't plan to invite him to the breakfast & lunch... and I'll be across the street at the Holiday Inn - just need 1 more Saturday night stay to satisfy my Into The Nights promotion!
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Most sellers expect to be paid, not receive two weeks of excuses for non payments

And now you want people to believe you booked a flight.
Are you serious, bud?

10/14: E-mail from you saying you'd received the transferred ticket and would send a payment link the next day.
10:17: I tell you that I am international and will look for your "Chase Pay" e-mail.
10/19: I did not find the e-mail and offered to pay through your merchant account as you had previously offered.

You responded with an attitude and refused to complete the sale.

If two weeks is only 5 days in your world, time flies!

Also, yes, I do have a flight:

I'm still looking for a ticket and would appreciate the opportunity to purchase one to either FTU or FTUA. And hey, satman40, if I can't get ahold of one, I'll just book a flight to CLT and watch my alma mater hoist the ACC football trophy.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 11:44 pm
formerly known as felinaar

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaWings
I'm still looking for a ticket and would appreciate the opportunity to purchase one to either FTU or FTUA. And hey, satman40, if I can't get ahold of one, I'll just book a flight to CLT and watch my alma mater hoist the ACC football trophy.
Fortunately there are still tickets for sale.

http://ftuniversity.com/events/ftu-washington-dc/
Old Nov 14, 2014, 12:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by Scottrick
Fortunately there are still tickets for sale.

http://ftuniversity.com/events/ftu-washington-dc/
Thank you, Scottrick! I just assumed the regular FTU was sold out by now. Got my ticket and I look forward to meeting many of you there.

Cheers,
Old Nov 14, 2014, 4:17 am

Tickets Seller should be aware once the ticket is re-titled it will take a week to remove the non payers name., before it can be sold again.

Always get your money up front, people seem to have all kind if excuses when it comes to putting their money where their mouth is.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:44 am

You do meet some nice people,

Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
Ok, cool. Thanks. No, I don't plan to invite him to the breakfast & lunch... and I'll be across the street at the Holiday Inn - just need 1 more Saturday night stay to satisfy my Into The Nights promotion!
Yeah, that's not cool. It's not like we pay for X amount of booze and use it until it's gone. The hotel counts the number of people at each meal and cocktail event and bills us based on that. So if you sneak 5 people in, we get a bill for 5 more people.

Given that, we do check for name badges and we will ask you to leave if you don't have one.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:50 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by DeltaWings
Thank you, Scottrick! I just assumed the regular FTU was sold out by now. Got my ticket and I look forward to meeting many of you there.

Cheers,
I think they are willing to accommodate infinity people at the remedial sessions, so I don't expect there will be much of a secondary market for those tickets. @:-)
Old Nov 14, 2014, 2:00 pm

Milespoint has some members posting advanced , and regular tickets for sale also.

We had a convention at DisneyLand once, many of the box lunches ended up in the rooms for the kids, after that first day, the hands go stamped.

The event is well worth the price.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 2:25 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Milespoint has some members posting advanced , and regular tickets for sale also.
Are the remedial tickets available at a discount on MP? After all, tickets are available from FTU. And come with Hyatt status unlike secondary market tickets where the seller keeps the status?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 2:49 pm

Did not know that, however 2 members are wanting to sell advanced tickets,

I knew they were trying to get all attendees status, seems only fair.

After attending status should not be a problem, they get some great ideas, all they need to do is follow thru, with some action.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 9:06 am

I have one ticket to the Advanced session for sale at cost, since I won't be able to attend. PM me if interested so we can do the transfer. Thx.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 2:29 pm

I also have 1 ticket for Advanced available. Work is getting in the way that weekend. PM if interested.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 9:54 pm

Programs: Gold: VS, SQ, AF/KL
FYI Ryan sent out an email that the schedule has been updated. I'm quite excited though am surprised there really isn't a session on Flying Blue given it is in Amsterdam, the hub of KLM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.