Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OMAT holding a kickstarter to fund his travel

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Lets keep unverified and hearsay stories where they belong.@:-)

Regards Oliver2002
Mod EM&PR forum
I must respectfully protest this. People say things on FT as if they are fact all the time and they are left to be. I believe that unless there is proof to the contrary, then it seems a bit like unnecessary censorship and not slander
Old May 12, 2014, 4:53 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Well, some here are implying a serious situation here for which no proof was provided.
Old May 12, 2014, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hmm, cant seem to find anything, but i thought FT Rules had something about 'discussing members' not being permitted.
Old May 12, 2014, 5:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
hmm, cant seem to find anything, but i thought FT Rules had something about 'discussing members' not being permitted.
Those rules bend a lot when it comes to "public figures" and bloggers are oft considered such.
Old May 12, 2014, 6:15 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Well, some here are implying a serious situation here for which no proof was provided.
So the burden of proof is on whom then?
Old May 12, 2014, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
BUBHHHHAHAHHAHAHA You have not spent much time on the "Blog Bashing Board" have you?
Old May 12, 2014, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i dont know if its my memory or if it was changed

discussing a blog, blog post, blog statement, blogger action - all different from blogger themselves
Old May 12, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
A fairly straightforward search on another frequent flyer website will yield the story for anyone who is curious...
Old May 12, 2014, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by 84fiero
A fairly straightforward search on another frequent flyer website will yield the story for anyone who is curious...
Thanks.
Old May 12, 2014, 10:24 pm

Of all the places to be banned from, an airline has to be the worst. What if you need to see a client in a city served only by United?
Old May 12, 2014, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 84fiero
found. thanks. seems stated pretty definitively, but then isnt definitive on other things. source appears to be major poster on both sites.
Old May 13, 2014, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Big_Foot
+1
It looks like he made 10 grand on day 1 and nothing since.
Still only half way there.

I figure he's missed a trick. My understanding is that the rate is the same for these rooms whether one person flies or two people travel together. If the option was given to fund his flight and get put in a draw to become a travel companion, my guess is that he might just make his total.
Old May 13, 2014, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LapLap
Still only half way there.

I figure he's missed a trick. My understanding is that the rate is the same for these rooms whether one person flies or two people travel together. If the option was given to fund his flight and get put in a draw to become a travel companion, my guess is that he might just make his total.
If he would have set up a donor level of $10k gets you the other seat, I bet he would have had it by now....

Don't know if you can add levels later, plus that again would go against the mantra he's used for this project though
Old May 13, 2014, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by freeloader
Don't know if you can add levels later, plus that again would go against the mantra he's used for this project though
Or perhaps he just has another use in mind, that this flight will be the ultimate "closer" for a very special (and probably very secret) someone...

What happens with miles awarded for flights in these rooms? Is there a set rate that gets split depending on who flies or is the same mileage given to each passenger regardless? If it's the latter it makes a lot of sense to bring someone with you.
Old May 13, 2014, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Well, if the kickstarter doesn't work there's always the option of selling tweets to sponsors to make up the shortfall...

http://twitter.com/OneMileataTime/st...09508176306178

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.